Maryland Patriot Stangs & Fords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wife got pulled over for not getting emissions done.

+6
1FUN5.0
SVT_N8
AAron83
ndnboy
BCP
jeostang
10 posters

Go down

Wife got pulled over for not getting emissions done. Empty Wife got pulled over for not getting emissions done.

Post by jeostang Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:42 am

She called me up from 495 and said the cops have scanners that scans license plates and emission must be one of the flags. $140 fine, I was sure I got an extension though. When did MD start scanning license plates?

So if you see a cop taking radar, slowing down won't cut it anymore. Switch lanes and hiding behind another vehicle is they way to go now.
jeostang
jeostang
Colt
Colt

Number of posts : 454
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Back to top Go down

Wife got pulled over for not getting emissions done. Empty Re: Wife got pulled over for not getting emissions done.

Post by BCP Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:45 am

They dont even have to be shooting radar actually, the license plate scanners can scan tags as the officer drives down the road, through a parking lot, etc. The readers in Md are usually two devices mounted on the trunk facing opposite directions. The officer is alerted to any license plate that has a flag on it, is reported stolen, or the driver is wanted, etc. Check you tube, there are some demo videos on there, its pretty cool stuff.
BCP
BCP
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 3256
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Back to top Go down

Wife got pulled over for not getting emissions done. Empty Re: Wife got pulled over for not getting emissions done.

Post by jeostang Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:53 am

LOL

Not Cool to me.
jeostang
jeostang
Colt
Colt

Back to top Go down

Post by ndnboy Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:05 am

didnt know they were doing that, oh oh!!!!
ndnboy
ndnboy
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Number of posts : 4503
Registration date : 2007-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by AAron83 Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:08 pm

i first heard of this back in 1999 but i didnt think anything of it neither did i think they were actually gonna go through it. oh well i try to avoid cops as much as possible ill even get off the road if i have to. but then again they can get you in parking lot like brian mentioned
AAron83
AAron83
COBRA
COBRA

Number of posts : 991

Back to top Go down

Post by BCP Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:03 pm

If your S@%# is straight, there is nothing to worry about.
BCP
BCP
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 3256
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by SVT_N8 Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:38 pm

where on 495? My brother said there is only one guy at his barrack(montgomery county) that even has that equipment
SVT_N8
SVT_N8
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 4102

Back to top Go down

Post by jeostang Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:55 pm

Coming from Rockville, she had just got on 495 after the Wisconsin ave exit.
jeostang
jeostang
Colt
Colt

Back to top Go down

Post by SVT_N8 Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:12 am

well thats montgomery county. looks like just some bad luck. she found the only officer in the county with that equipment.
SVT_N8
SVT_N8
Super Charger
Super Charger

Back to top Go down

Post by 1FUN5.0 Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:05 pm

yikes!
1FUN5.0
1FUN5.0
SNUPER SNATCH
SNUPER SNATCH

Number of posts : 2505
Registration date : 2007-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Hlistr_07RR Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:19 am

Ehh, we have it but it's not set on 1 single car. If you want it you have to take the time to put it on/in your car before going out on the road.
Hlistr_07RR
Hlistr_07RR
GT
GT

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2009-06-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominican7 Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:59 am

My county has Two cars Equiped with the License Plate Readers.
Dominican7
Dominican7
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 2023
Registration date : 2008-12-22

Back to top Go down

Post by pastang Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:05 pm

6SPD04COBRA wrote:well thats montgomery county. looks like just some bad luck. she found the only officer in the county with that equipment.

i bet there are more than that, you have state police, county police, and any municipalities that are trained. im trained on the system i just dont have one for my cruiser
pastang
pastang
BOSS
BOSS

Number of posts : 417
Registration date : 2009-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by discodave Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:28 am

This stuff may not work on the readers but works on traffic light cameras. It's a spray that you spray onto your license plate that makes it unreadable to the traffic light cameras.

http://www.phantomplate.com/
discodave
discodave
MACH 1
MACH 1

Number of posts : 213
Registration date : 2009-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by SVT_N8 Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:39 am

pastang wrote:
6SPD04COBRA wrote:well thats montgomery county. looks like just some bad luck. she found the only officer in the county with that equipment.

i bet there are more than that, you have state police, county police, and any municipalities that are trained. im trained on the system i just dont have one for my cruiser

Good point, i wasnt real clear. Their is only 1 MD State Trooper in Montgomery County that has that equipment. City and county may have it
SVT_N8
SVT_N8
Super Charger
Super Charger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down