Maryland Patriot Stangs & Fords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lowering Springs

+4
AAron83
Silverstang
Big-B
alkemist
8 posters

Go down

Lowering Springs Empty Lowering Springs

Post by alkemist Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:49 pm

Now I'm at a dilemma with lowering springs. At first I was thinking of just doing the rear, but I'm now not sure if it will look right or if there will be correct weight distribution. I was looking at a thread over on MF and someone had the Roush rear springs and they were complaining something wasn't looking right. So here I am now.

Should I do all 4 corners? I don't really want to have a hassle of messing up my chin spoiler, not sure how 1" drop will fair. Next, I'm not sure which springs to go with. Lots of options out there. I don't want things to get too complicated. If I do the front, do I have to make any adjustments to my alignment or only if it is more than 1.5"?
alkemist
alkemist
BOSS
BOSS

Number of posts : 679
Registration date : 2010-01-06

Back to top Go down

Lowering Springs Empty Re: Lowering Springs

Post by Big-B Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:53 pm

OK, why would you lower the rear and not the front. That would look goofy. If anything, you lower the front and not the rear to give it a raked look.

In answer to your question, yes do all 4. Depending on how much drop you have, it can affect your alignment.
Big-B
Big-B
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 6053
Registration date : 2007-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Silverstang Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:03 pm

I would do the front and back. I have seen cars just with the back done and usually they do it just to close the big gap between the rear tire and the fender. it gives the care a more level look. the roush rear springs lower the back about an inch.

Ford racing has two sets of springs I have had my eye on the the "K" and "P" springs. The k's lower the care 1.5 inches all the way around and the p's lower 1 inch all the way around
Silverstang
Silverstang
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Number of posts : 1128
Registration date : 2008-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by alkemist Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:09 pm

My original intent was to drop the rear just to close the fender gap. I suppose it would look extra goofy when I put on my stockers for winter.
alkemist
alkemist
BOSS
BOSS

Number of posts : 679
Registration date : 2010-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Big-B Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:13 pm

Lower the entire car, you'll be happier w/ the final result.
Big-B
Big-B
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 6053
Registration date : 2007-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by AAron83 Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:01 am

lowering springs on all 4 corners it'll look way better
AAron83
AAron83
COBRA
COBRA

Number of posts : 991
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Droptop306 Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:50 am

Ask John about chin spoilers and lowering. I purchased the Eibach Pro Kit for 199.00. I love the new look. I did have mine aligned just to be safe. The Eibach could come with the camber bolts as well. I haggled with the guy on ebay and he gave me mine. They only cost 24.00 but hey got to get what you can. The front sits about 4" at most. I have only scrapped twice so far and it is only underneath. Trust me you will be carefule when it comes to this.
Droptop306
Droptop306
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Number of posts : 1143
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by kooldawg6 Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:03 am

Lowering the rear with the Roush springs allows the car to sit level (the S197 has factory rake). Nate did that for a little while, but then decided to lower the front as well. If you keep it to 1.5" or less of front drop, you may be able to get away without the need of camber bolts or plates (seems many cars are different). Lowering front and rear is ideal as it keeps the springs as a matched set. Scraping is always an issue, but when you know you may, you do take precautions, but it happens. As BJ said, the damage is usually kept to the underside. My GT500 front sits .5" lower than the GT front with CDC Classic chin spoiler (measured with the same springs) and it sure has taken its share of abuse in a years time! There are several of us that have the FRPP K springs (1.5" f/r) and we love them Lowering Springs 10498
kooldawg6
kooldawg6
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 4896
Registration date : 2007-12-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Lax07 Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:34 am

If I could just add in one more question to this thread. I am preparing for a supercharger and suspension is my first stop how will adding a supercharger effect a 1" drop since it is adding over 100lbs to the front of the car
Lax07
Lax07
RUSTY MUSTANG
RUSTY MUSTANG

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2010-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Droptop306 Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:43 am

Should not effect it at all. My next step is supercharger. All my mustangs have been lowered and all had superchargers and did not notice a difference.
Droptop306
Droptop306
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Number of posts : 1143
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominican7 Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:05 am

I lowered my car 1.5" all around and haven't had any issues... Lowering Springs 10498 Like John said as long as you are carefull you will be fine. Remember Speed bumps, pot holes and High parking spots are not your friend Lowering Springs 3757 .
Dominican7
Dominican7
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 2023
Registration date : 2008-12-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down