Maryland Patriot Stangs & Fords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Did a swap and now I have no Brakes!!!

3 posters

Go down

Did a swap and now I have no Brakes!!!  Empty Did a swap and now I have no Brakes!!!

Post by Dominican7 Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:59 pm

So I swapped my GT brakes with some 10th Anniversary Cobra calipers /13" Rotors.  I swapped them out as directed through many right ups and tutorials.  I cannot get them to work.  I bled the brakes as directed using a one man brake bleeding kit form auto zone.  I bled the brakes until there was no more bubbles but the pressure went away.  I have never done this before and now my car is stuck in my garage.  I can stop the car but only when I put the brake pedal to the floor.  I can't seem to get the brakes right and I am sure I am not doing something right.  Did a swap and now I have no Brakes!!!  20541 

If anyone is available and has done these swaps before that can help let me know.  Any help will be greatly appreciated.  

FYI, there is no fluid leaking from the brake lines so I know I got that part right.  Again any help will be appreciated. Did a swap and now I have no Brakes!!!  434531
Dominican7
Dominican7
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 2023
Registration date : 2008-12-22

Back to top Go down

Did a swap and now I have no Brakes!!!  Empty Re: Did a swap and now I have no Brakes!!!

Post by SVT_N8 Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:15 pm

you can disconnect the line from the caliper until fluid comes out, then reconnect and clean up. Just make sure you got plenty of fluid in the reservoir or you will have to start all over again. then you can bleed the caliper. Make sure your brake master cylinder is good as well. Good luck
SVT_N8
SVT_N8
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 4102
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Back to top Go down

Did a swap and now I have no Brakes!!!  Empty Re: Did a swap and now I have no Brakes!!!

Post by mjr46 Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:32 am

pressure bleed it, have someone pump pedal up, and then have them hold pressure on the pedal, while holding pressure on pedal, open bleeder, once flow stops close bleeder and have the person inside pump pedal up again and repeat procedure until steady stream of fluid shoots out upon each opening of the bleeder.

mjr46
BOSS
BOSS

Number of posts : 649
Registration date : 2008-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominican7 Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:42 pm

I tried that and my sister hit the floorboard with the pedal.  I am getting a Power Bleeder which I read a lot of good things about it and it's super easy.Did a swap and now I have no Brakes!!!  10498

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/mvp-0107  

I get it on Friday. Did a swap and now I have no Brakes!!!  59253   If it doesn't work then I will have to more than likely replace the master cylinder which I can get to on AM for $99.00. Did a swap and now I have no Brakes!!!  10498 

http://www.americanmuscle.com/master-brake-cylinder-traction-9904gt.html

I hope not to have to go that route though.
Dominican7
Dominican7
Super Charger
Super Charger

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominican7 Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:46 am

I got the Power Bleeder Thursday and used it yesterday.  The cap was a MF'r to get on but I eventually did.   Did a swap and now I have no Brakes!!!  59253 It worked like a charm and bled the Master Cylinder r and Calipers starting from the furthest one to the closet to the MC.

It's a bit spongier than I remember but they work well.

Did a swap and now I have no Brakes!!!  73dd9361-dcb3-4209-91f0-a98c24b96710_zps34cdeeff

Did a swap and now I have no Brakes!!!  F1445602-82b2-4b0c-9757-57bf2ea764b8_zps3611e150
Dominican7
Dominican7
Super Charger
Super Charger

Back to top Go down

Post by SVT_N8 Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:25 am

which power bleeder did you buy? I'm having my brakes powder coated next month and will need to bleed the system when I reinstall them
SVT_N8
SVT_N8
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 4102
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down