Maryland Patriot Stangs & Fords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone have a big garage and want to learn how to install...

+6
kooldawg6
TT_05_Stang
KingMucha
ndnboy
wecircletheproblem
SVT_N8
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Anyone have a big garage and want to learn how to install... Empty Anyone have a big garage and want to learn how to install...

Post by SVT_N8 Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:22 pm

some heated seats? I'm getting Heather a heated seat kit for Christmas and i will be installing it myself. I'm looking for anyone willing to help with the install and for someone to donate the use of a decent size garage so i dont freeze :4cold: . My garage is only big enough for the car, no room to work. Its only the drivers seat so shouldnt take more than a couple of hours. Just remove the seat covers, install the heating elements and run the wires. Anyone game? Oh, and it'd have to be during a weekday while she is at work. So who's up for a challenge? There may be some free beer involved Anyone have a big garage and want to learn how to install... 538650

Last edited by 5spd07gt on Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:22 am; edited 1 time in total
SVT_N8
SVT_N8
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 4102
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Back to top Go down

Anyone have a big garage and want to learn how to install... Empty Re: Anyone have a big garage and want to learn how to install...

Post by wecircletheproblem Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:54 pm

i got a good size garage just have to move the 68 out of the way and im kinda far from you :/ but id be willing to help you
wecircletheproblem
wecircletheproblem
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Number of posts : 743
Registration date : 2007-09-20

Back to top Go down

Anyone have a big garage and want to learn how to install... Empty Re: Anyone have a big garage and want to learn how to install...

Post by ndnboy Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:10 pm

home on Mondays if that helps, I figure my garage rates as a 1 1/2 car...
ndnboy
ndnboy
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Number of posts : 4503
Registration date : 2007-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMucha Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:31 pm

lol for the longest time it was reading it as garbage and i'm like why does he want a big garbage.lol But i don't have either
KingMucha
KingMucha
BOSS
BOSS

Number of posts : 480
Registration date : 2008-10-22

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3209227

Back to top Go down

Post by TT_05_Stang Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:42 pm

If you need heat in the garage, or anyone elses, you can use my heater anytime.

Will
TT_05_Stang
TT_05_Stang
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 5329
Registration date : 2007-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by SVT_N8 Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:27 am

Thanks Will. I'll have to remove the seat from the car. Once its out of the car it can be moved indoors so really the only time to be outside is for the seat removal and then the reinstall and wiring. My garage is a single car and i still have crap in there from moving so i have to pull as close to one side as i can just to get the drivers door open all the way.

I'm not sure how far Bel Air is and i hate to see the 68 sitting outside. Juan, not sure where Severna Park is either. Guess I need to vist mapquest. I appreciate the offers gentlemen

EDIT: Looks like you both are a little farther than I'd like to drive. Its not that big of a job, i'll just have to wait for a warm today. Tue-Thur next week looks like my best chance to do it as long as the weather is decent
SVT_N8
SVT_N8
Super Charger
Super Charger

Back to top Go down

Post by kooldawg6 Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:26 am

The garage at Dad's house is a 1 1/2, but probably won't be big enough either with the stuff in there. I don't mind driving up to help you if need be on Wednesday or Thursday. I'll only charge you some of that sweet tea...that sh!t was awesome at the party! lol!
kooldawg6
kooldawg6
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 4896
Registration date : 2007-12-19

Back to top Go down

Post by SVT_N8 Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:12 am

haha, well i can brew up as much as tea as you want. I'm ordering the kit today so i'll find approx when it will be arriving. I think next Wed would be doable. I need to a hog ring tool or something like that to use to remove the cover. I wonder if pepboys would carry that tool?
SVT_N8
SVT_N8
Super Charger
Super Charger

Back to top Go down

Post by ndnboy Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:14 am

5spd07gt wrote: EDIT: Looks like you both are a little farther than I'd like to drive.

Just give a heads up if you change your mind
ndnboy
ndnboy
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Number of posts : 4503
Registration date : 2007-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by SVT_N8 Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:22 am

will do, i appreciate the offer
SVT_N8
SVT_N8
Super Charger
Super Charger

Back to top Go down

Post by zporta Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:14 pm

we got a hog ring tool at home depot...if u want i can bring it 2 the party sat...
zporta
zporta
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 4696
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by SVT_N8 Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:06 pm

Zak, how many times do i have to tell you, i wont be at the party. you can give it to john though if you want. Do i need any hog rings to use with the tool?
SVT_N8
SVT_N8
Super Charger
Super Charger

Back to top Go down

Post by zporta Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:51 pm

i dunno if u can reuse the ones u pull off? and i dunno if the ones i have would be the right gauge...so ill see u at the party right? haha j/k sorry i drank my memory away at frostburg
zporta
zporta
Super Charger
Super Charger

Back to top Go down

Post by SVT_N8 Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:46 pm

haha, just give the stuff to John if you dont mind
SVT_N8
SVT_N8
Super Charger
Super Charger

Back to top Go down

Post by zporta Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:00 pm

np...watch me not even be able 2 find it...ill go dig around for it tom.
zporta
zporta
Super Charger
Super Charger

Back to top Go down

Post by SVT_N8 Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:08 pm

sounds good
SVT_N8
SVT_N8
Super Charger
Super Charger

Back to top Go down

Post by prodrifterx Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:46 am

i always reuse the OE hog rings...i use 2 pair of dykes to open the gap and pull them off.....why not do it at ur place bate....pull her seat and shut the garage door....(car outside and you inside with the seat)
prodrifterx
prodrifterx
COBRA
COBRA

Number of posts : 873

Back to top Go down

Post by SVT_N8 Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:48 am

thats what i'll probably do but with as cold as its been i was hoping to pull the seat with the car inside which i just cant do in my garage. I'll probably end up pulling the seat out in the driveway and bringing the seat into the house. So do you reuse the factory hog rings ?
SVT_N8
SVT_N8
Super Charger
Super Charger

Back to top Go down

Post by prodrifterx Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:17 am

always do....not a safety concern...just a PITA trying to get them super tight...just 2 pair of dykes or linemans' pliers for the job....pull real tite and line up original holes used/made...if you make new ones its ok but itry to reuse the same hole so i dont make a milin other holes in the fabric/leather compromising the strength....

both sides or one side.....(any questions on this when u do it....hit up my cell--will pm u my number---txt or call)

i also never bother disconnecting the battery for anything i do except for when i mess with a starter....not even for airbag circuit or component serviceing or even to unplug a SIR connector to pull a seat out. just have the car off.....

power or manual seat?
both seats?
prodrifterx
prodrifterx
COBRA
COBRA

Back to top Go down

Post by SVT_N8 Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:26 am

drivers seat only, power seat, with no airbags built in. Its cloth interior too.
SVT_N8
SVT_N8
Super Charger
Super Charger

Back to top Go down

Post by TT_05_Stang Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:30 am

Just as a side thought Nate. You can rent a small car tent for pretty cheap at tool rental places, and you could use my heater. It would get really toasty in there for you.

Just my .02
TT_05_Stang
TT_05_Stang
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 5329
Registration date : 2007-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by pikuoff Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:35 am

What kit did you get Nate? I might need to get one for the passenger seat in my car...haha!
pikuoff
pikuoff
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 3597
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by SVT_N8 Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:48 am

fasttoys.net has single kits for 94.99 right now for mustangforums.com members. thats where i got it. i am pretty sure that is the price shipped.
SVT_N8
SVT_N8
Super Charger
Super Charger

Back to top Go down

Post by prodrifterx Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:14 pm

5spd07gt wrote:drivers seat only, power seat, with no airbags built in. Its cloth interior too.

good.....unbolt seat....tilt seat back far back...slide seat to about center position on tracks....unhook electrial connectors. shut of car....(i titl seat back and maneuver theseat bottom so that i have little chance of nocking the interior panels....still if you really wanna be careful....try to layout towels on door panel, sill plate, instrument panel/dash soseat track wont catch the interior panels....and lay a towel down on garage floor and lay seat down on it.....its a pain trying to get any smudges out of a seat once they get tthere form floor etc

idea,,,,car in garage....pull seat...take3 it inside the house lol.
prodrifterx
prodrifterx
COBRA
COBRA

Back to top Go down

Post by SVT_N8 Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:24 pm

yah, i can barely get my door open the whole way with the car in the garage, i could make it work if i needed but unless its absolutely freezing i'll remove the seat in the driveway then take it inside
SVT_N8
SVT_N8
Super Charger
Super Charger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next