Maryland Patriot Stangs & Fords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question time..

+3
pikuoff
Dominican7
T.Richardson
7 posters

Go down

Question time.. Empty Question time..

Post by T.Richardson Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:19 pm

Ok, I have finally decided to mod my Stang (its my first and only car, been driving for 3 years)

PI head / intake / cam swap? Would you guys suggest it? I know it adds like 40-50 rwhp.. but it seems like a lot of work...

Ok, its an Automatic (how I wish it were a stick) and I want gears.. should I go with the 4.10's? I wanted to install this part: Mustang Aluminum Automatic Transmission Pan - AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E Trans for better cooling... good idea?

I been shopping around, and saw a nice little Flowmaster American Thunder Catback Exhaust system at Americanmuscle.com. Anyone have any experience with this system, does it sound good? What would you guys suggest for me? and should I get an X or H Pipe?

Also, on Americanmuscle.com, I saw this part: Comp Cams Stage II Xtreme Energy XE270AH Camshafts, are these good? it says that this product requires 3.55 or steeper gears, so would these work well with 4.10's? Would I need this if I was to get a PI swap?

Steeda Underdrive pulleys?? good?

On americanmuscle.com, I saw this part: Ford Racing 8.8 in 31 Spline Traction - LOK Limited Slip Differential w/ Carbon Discs, and I want to pair them with this part: Moser 31 Spline Mustang Axles for 8.8in Rear w/ Studs.. thoughts?

Again, this is from americanmuscle.com, but I want better handling on my car, and I was looking at some Eibach lowering spring sets, and what do you guys think of these? The Eibach Pro Kit Spring Set...? what about the Steeda Strut Tower Brace, and Eibach Pro-Damper Shock & Struts?

Should I invest in a Throttle body, intake spacer, or a driveshaft?

I want to buy a vortech supercharger, Im not looking for a KB, or Edelbrock, because I dont need that much horsepower, as this is my daily driver (though it only has 84,000 miles on it) and the Vortech bumps the HP up a bit, what do you guys think of the Vortech? Would I have to do anything to my auto trans, mod wise to handle the Vortech?

Thats basically my wishlist, what do you guys think good / bad ?? too much parts? Opinions please! Question time.. 10498

I would put links on each of the parts I have been looking at, but... I dont know how to put links...

T.Richardson
RUSTY MUSTANG
RUSTY MUSTANG

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2010-01-07

Back to top Go down

Question time.. Empty Re: Question time..

Post by T.Richardson Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:23 pm

And I forgot to add... Im looking at around 350+ rwhp... does all this add up?? I want a respectable fast stang.. and is Excessive Motorsports in Manassas, VA a good shop? I want to find a shop to tune the car also..

T.Richardson
RUSTY MUSTANG
RUSTY MUSTANG

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominican7 Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:27 pm

Wow, That's alot of questions. Ok, all I can say is that I got the The Eibach Pro Kit Spring Set. I opted for the tokico D-Spec Adj. Shocks and Sturts with the Maximum Motor Sports CC Plates. It took about 3-4 Hours to install with a bit of help from Brian. I love the set up and my car handles 100 times better. Question time.. 10498

I put a thread up on it. Question time.. 45727

http://www.mdpatriotstangs.com/history-f41/install-in-a-town-updated-bigger-and-more-pictures-t2444.htm?highlight=install+day

By the way I got all my parts from American Muscle except for the Springs. I got those from California on Craiglist, $80.00.
Dominican7
Dominican7
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 2023
Registration date : 2008-12-22

Back to top Go down

Post by pikuoff Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:45 pm

American Thunder Flows sound great with an H pipe (even better without the cats)!

I say 410s for the gears...youll love em!

For UDPs, stick with Steeda. Dont go with the piggyback style from what Ive read!

I hear intake spacers are snake oil.

Just my 2cents (real quick off the top of my head)
pikuoff
pikuoff
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 3597
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by 03silvergt Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:14 pm

The camshaft you are looking at I dont know much about it but Comp Cams also recommends a 2,000+ stall converter along with the 3.55+ gears. I have heard vids on youtube and it sounds pretty good. Here is the cam specs.

http://www.compcams.com/Cam_Specs/CamDetails.aspx?csid=969&sb=2
03silvergt
03silvergt
BOSS
BOSS

Number of posts : 558
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by T.Richardson Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:31 pm

pikuoff wrote:American Thunder Flows sound great with an H pipe (even better without the cats)!

I say 410s for the gears...youll love em!

For UDPs, stick with Steeda. Dont go with the piggyback style from what Ive read!

I hear intake spacers are snake oil.

Just my 2cents (real quick off the top of my head)

what do you mean by Snake oil?

T.Richardson
RUSTY MUSTANG
RUSTY MUSTANG

Back to top Go down

Post by T.Richardson Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:32 pm

03silvergt wrote:The camshaft you are looking at I dont know much about it but Comp Cams also recommends a 2,000+ stall converter along with the 3.55+ gears. I have heard vids on youtube and it sounds pretty good. Here is the cam specs.

http://www.compcams.com/Cam_Specs/CamDetails.aspx?csid=969&sb=2

so it wont work with 4.10 gears? how would I get a 2,000+ stall converter?

T.Richardson
RUSTY MUSTANG
RUSTY MUSTANG

Back to top Go down

Post by 03silvergt Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:44 pm

The gears will work with the cams. The torque converter is between the engine and transmission. This is something like what you would need if it fits your car. This is just an example.

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/item/PAI-26212
03silvergt
03silvergt
BOSS
BOSS

Number of posts : 558
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by kooldawg6 Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:05 pm

DEE DEE DEE!!!!!! Question time.. 40218

Last edited by kooldawg6 on Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:51 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : So used to the S197s, I went that route...sorry)
kooldawg6
kooldawg6
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 4896
Registration date : 2007-12-19

Back to top Go down

Post by pikuoff Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:53 pm

John - he has a 96 gt. Hence the PI swap talk...

Dee da Dee!!!
pikuoff
pikuoff
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 3597
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by kooldawg6 Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:52 am

pikuoff wrote:John - he has a 96 gt. Hence the PI swap talk...

Dee da Dee!!!
Got caught up in the S197 craze I guess ROTFL Question time.. 40218
kooldawg6
kooldawg6
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 4896
Registration date : 2007-12-19

Back to top Go down

Post by 05RedDevil Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:17 am

What you need is a game plan. There is no need for FI and cams/ UDP's. Choose what you want for your 'stang's ultimate goal of NA or FI then go from there.
Also, American Muscle is a good site but there are many items you can get off a forum for much cheaper. I know you have a different gen car but I use S197forum which has a lot of great used parts and vendor discounts.
05RedDevil
05RedDevil
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Number of posts : 1390
Registration date : 2008-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Boss281 Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:21 am

96 GT eh? I've been planning the PI head swap, cams and intake for a while, but my '05 keeps sucking down my money.

PM me and we can talk--maybe you'll motivate me to do some of the same things. By the way, go to Amazon.com and order High Performance Mustang Builder's Guide 1994-2004. While the book is by Sean Hyland (whose rep waxes and wanes with the weather), it is a GREAT resource for the SN95/New Edge Mustang crowd. I reread the thing every other month or so.
Boss281
Boss281
Geek Stangs
Geek Stangs

Number of posts : 1719
Registration date : 2007-12-06

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2059455

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down