Maryland Patriot Stangs & Fords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Info - Push Button Start - No Keys Needed

+2
chrisverneuil
discodave
6 posters

Go down

Info - Push Button Start - No Keys Needed Empty Info - Push Button Start - No Keys Needed

Post by discodave Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:28 pm

I've been looking into getting a Push Start Button for my Mustang and found one that's pretty awesome. Here are details if anyone's interested"

The company is called "Digital Guard Dawg". The one I'm getting works for everything, including door locks, and the key fob is actually the size of a credit card and you can keep it in your wallet.

When you walk up to your car, even with the card in your back pocket, your doors will automatically unlock, your lights will come on (if you want them to), it engages with the start button, you get in, hit the start button, and you're gold. When you get out of the car and walk away, it automatically locks your doors and engages your factory alarm (if you have one).

No need for your factory keys ever again. I went ahead and ordered it. Also, if you tell them what kind of car you have, they'll create a wiring harness specific to your vehicle, so it's more plug and play than a generic version (that's for all cars) would be. He said this system is very similar to what they're putting in the new Lexus's that are coming out. Definitely top of the line product. If you're not savvy with installing something like this, any shop that installs a lot of remote starts could easily tackle the task.

I should have it by this weekend. Now I need to find someone around here who has experience installing these things.

I'll post pics when I'm done.
discodave
discodave
MACH 1
MACH 1

Number of posts : 213
Registration date : 2009-12-03

Back to top Go down

Info - Push Button Start - No Keys Needed Empty Re: Info - Push Button Start - No Keys Needed

Post by chrisverneuil Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:25 pm

OMG thats the same kit i was looking at. Wow youve been doin some work. Nice flames and wheels
chrisverneuil
chrisverneuil
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Number of posts : 1610
Registration date : 2009-06-11

Back to top Go down

Info - Push Button Start - No Keys Needed Empty Re: Info - Push Button Start - No Keys Needed

Post by Big-B Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:57 pm

OK, how much?
Big-B
Big-B
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 6053
Registration date : 2007-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by discodave Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:11 pm

PRO50SC wrote:OK, how much?

$699.00 for the kit that works on door locks. It's something you have to call and ask them about. I was going to get the regular kit that does the same thing but didn't work on door locks. That kit was 399. After asking about the door locks he told me about the other one.

There are a lot of kits out there, and I researched all that I could find. Most of them either required you to put the key into the ignition then hit the start button, or didn't work on the door locks. Putting a key into the ignition kind of defeats the purpose in my opinion.

This way, no keys needed.... ever.... Just a credit card sized key fob. It's a little pricey, but the cool factor is way up there.

I mean...... just walking up to your car and having your doors automatically unlock. now that's cool Smile
discodave
discodave
MACH 1
MACH 1

Back to top Go down

Post by discodave Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:12 pm

chrisverneuil wrote:OMG thats the same kit i was looking at. Wow youve been doin some work. Nice flames and wheels

Yeah, I've been busy spending money on this car Smile

Read my post above this one about the prices for the version I was looking at.
discodave
discodave
MACH 1
MACH 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Big-B Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:15 pm

Sound cool but damn, is that the height of laziness right there or what. You already have keyless entry. So for 700 bux you get a push button start. Hmmmm, no thnaks. You must be a big balla!!! Info - Push Button Start - No Keys Needed 10498Let us know how it works out.
Big-B
Big-B
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 6053
Registration date : 2007-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by discodave Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:21 pm

PRO50SC wrote:Sound cool but damn, is that the height of laziness right there or what. You already have keyless entry. So for 700 bux you get a push button start. Hmmmm, no thnaks. You must be a big balla!!! Info - Push Button Start - No Keys Needed 10498Let us know how it works out.

Yeah, I know man... It's not hard to turn a key Smile But, to walk up to the car with no keys, have the doors unlock because of my "presence", then get in and just touch a button to start has a huge "cool factor" with me. I'm sure the money could definitely be more well spent in other mods, but this one just seems cool.
discodave
discodave
MACH 1
MACH 1

Back to top Go down

Post by kooldawg6 Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:10 am

That sounds pretty cool, but ouch the $$$!
Will be interesting to see once you get it installed Info - Push Button Start - No Keys Needed 10498
kooldawg6
kooldawg6
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 4896
Registration date : 2007-12-19

Back to top Go down

Post by discodave Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:34 am

kooldawg6 wrote:That sounds pretty cool, but ouch the $$$!
Will be interesting to see once you get it installed Info - Push Button Start - No Keys Needed 10498

Now if I can just get my car programmed to greet me with a "Hello Dave" or something like that I'll be in business Smile
discodave
discodave
MACH 1
MACH 1

Back to top Go down

Post by pikuoff Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:08 am

Hello Dave...thanks for turning me on and getting my motor going...
pikuoff
pikuoff
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 3597
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by discodave Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:00 pm

pikuoff wrote:Hello Dave...thanks for turning me on and getting my motor going...

That will be my next mod. I'll be using Jessica Alba's voice.
discodave
discodave
MACH 1
MACH 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominican7 Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:57 pm

Just place a sensor on the seat so when you sit down it activated a gadget that says what ever you want.

If you thought of it, it exist...

Look what I found!! Info - Push Button Start - No Keys Needed 10498

http://www.techeblog.com/index.php/tech-gadget/the-knight-rider