Maryland Patriot Stangs & Fords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

April Meet~~~~~POLL(please vote)

+11
jeostang
ndnboy
BlakJak87
Smokeurhonda
chrisverneuil
pikuoff
TT_05_Stang
kooldawg6
Big-B
alkemist
Croft
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What do you want to do for the April Meet????

April Meet~~~~~POLL(please vote) - Page 2 Vote_lcap13%April Meet~~~~~POLL(please vote) - Page 2 Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 3 ]
April Meet~~~~~POLL(please vote) - Page 2 Vote_lcap13%April Meet~~~~~POLL(please vote) - Page 2 Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 3 ]
April Meet~~~~~POLL(please vote) - Page 2 Vote_lcap74%April Meet~~~~~POLL(please vote) - Page 2 Vote_rcap 74% 
[ 17 ]

Total Votes : 23

Poll closed

April Meet~~~~~POLL(please vote) - Page 2 Empty Re: April Meet~~~~~POLL(please vote)

Post by Boobinspector Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:59 am

jeostang wrote:So does the detail expo teach how to detail your car? This is something I need to learn. From Clay bar to everything else. All I do is wash and dry.

jeostang claybaring your car is very easy just very time consuming. If you want to do it right you will need to plan on spending most of a day doing it. Go pick up whatever clay bar kit you like, such as Meguirs, ect. The kit should come with the clay, spray detailing spray, microfiber cloth, and a little cleaner wax. Go ahead and buy yourself a bunch of micro fiber clothes. You will need em.

Just follow the instructions of the clay bar kit. You will first need to wash the outside of your car thoughorlly. Start by washing your wheels first.( if you have excessive brake dust on your wheels wipe them down with a dry cloth before washing.) Obviouslly you will wash your car from top to bottom. When finished give the car a thoughrow rinse with the garden hose without a nozzle. (open stream) This will help dry your car faster. Do not use a shamy or shamwow. They are garbage and that is where they belong. Get yourself a couple microfiber drying towels. If you have a compressor use it to clear water from cracks and crevses.

Once you are finished washing and drying you baby. Make sure you are in a shaded area. Such as your garage. The clay baring will take a long time. I cannot stress enough take your time. The more effort you put into it the better it will turn out. Now that you have completelly claybared your ride you must now put on coat of cleaner wax and buff it out. I do this all by hand. Then follow this with a coat of sealer wax or whatever wax you like. Put as many coats of wax on as you would like. The claybaring you did removed all that dirt from your paint but also removed all your wax so waxing is neccessary.

One last step give that car a good wipe down with spray detailer and watch her shine. Now take that bad b**** out show off how good she looks. Unless you have been drinking beer through out this whole processApril Meet~~~~~POLL(please vote) - Page 2 268252 . Then wait till the next day.

I hope this was helpful. Sorry for such a long post. EnjoyApril Meet~~~~~POLL(please vote) - Page 2 342455
Boobinspector
Boobinspector
MACH 1
MACH 1

Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2009-05-04

Back to top Go down

April Meet~~~~~POLL(please vote) - Page 2 Empty Re: April Meet~~~~~POLL(please vote)

Post by alkemist Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:13 am

So.. my dad decided to graciously drive his lawnmower into my passenger door. Leaves a dent and cracks the clear coat and leaves black marks. I'm going to have the dent professionally repaired, but can the clear coat be fixed during the detailing expo?
alkemist
alkemist
BOSS
BOSS

Number of posts : 679
Registration date : 2010-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by NEMES1S Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:15 am

Wow, sorry to hear about the lawnmower accident Nancy I would have cried, I hope he don't mean to do some times people hate on what u may take pride in most.
NEMES1S
NEMES1S
BOSS
BOSS

Number of posts : 409
Registration date : 2009-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post by alkemist Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:59 am

Right, it was supposedly an accident and he's gonna pay for the repairs. Just another thing on my list of things to do Sad
alkemist
alkemist
BOSS
BOSS

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Blue Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:17 am

PRO50SC wrote:OK, so who's gonna detail my car for me?
You are Burnie, I'm in for detailing, sorry Chris
Big Blue
Big Blue
Founder
Founder

Number of posts : 4368
Registration date : 2007-09-19

http://www.mdpatriotstangs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Big-B Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:26 am

Big Blue wrote:
BERNIE My first name ain't Glen!!!
Big-B
Big-B
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 6053
Registration date : 2007-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Croft Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:43 am

LOL
Croft
Croft
Cruise Director
Cruise Director

Number of posts : 4206
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Hlistr_07RR Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:40 am

So where's the expo at? Do we bring our own stuff to it?
Hlistr_07RR
Hlistr_07RR
GT
GT

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2009-06-16

Back to top Go down

Post by alkemist Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:20 am

It got bumped to next month, May. Don't think details are out yet.
alkemist
alkemist
BOSS
BOSS

Back to top Go down

Post by Croft Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:34 pm

Yeah, it got bumped. We are cruising this Saturday!
Croft
Croft
Cruise Director
Cruise Director

Number of posts : 4206
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Blue Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:08 pm

PRO50SC wrote:
Big Blue wrote:
BERNIE My first name ain't Glen!!!
Ah, Bernie/Burnie, whats the differences, I guess I could just say, the guy that doesn't drive his Garage Queen Car anymore April Meet~~~~~POLL(please vote) - Page 2 172553 April Meet~~~~~POLL(please vote) - Page 2 948327
Big Blue
Big Blue
Founder
Founder

Number of posts : 4368
Registration date : 2007-09-19

http://www.mdpatriotstangs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2