Maryland Patriot Stangs & Fords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GOOTC day at MIR: new personal best

+6
DarkNightV6
prodrifterx
Big-B
ndnboy
ThunderSteed
Boss281
10 posters

Go down

GOOTC day at MIR: new personal best Empty GOOTC day at MIR: new personal best

Post by Boss281 Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:54 pm

I ran a 12.674 @ 109. Track was very well prepped and I heard a few folks do personal bests today. Let's see those timeslips!

John
Boss281
Boss281
Geek Stangs
Geek Stangs

Number of posts : 1719
Registration date : 2007-12-06

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2059455

Back to top Go down

GOOTC day at MIR: new personal best Empty Re: GOOTC day at MIR: new personal best

Post by ThunderSteed Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:06 pm

As slow as it is, I hit a my best time too, no LOL. I or the car turned a 15.293 at a whooping 95.16mph!
Good for you John, the invisible man, haha.
ThunderSteed
ThunderSteed
Poobah Light {Un Willing Vice Prez}

Number of posts : 1149
Registration date : 2008-01-02

Back to top Go down

GOOTC day at MIR: new personal best Empty Re: GOOTC day at MIR: new personal best

Post by Boss281 Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:08 pm

PAULSO4GT wrote:As slow as it is, I hit a my best time too, no LOL. I or the car turned a 15.293 at a whooping 95.16mph!
Good for you John, the invisible man, haha.

Not bad Paul, look how close to 14s you are. Sticky tires and who knows???

John
Boss281
Boss281
Geek Stangs
Geek Stangs

Back to top Go down

Post by ndnboy Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:13 pm

good job guys, I had a blast checking you guys run!
ndnboy
ndnboy
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Number of posts : 4503
Registration date : 2007-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by ThunderSteed Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:56 pm

John you were there talking with us and next min. you were gone, hence my inv. man comment. thx for the vote of confidence, first air, tune,and internals than tires.
ThunderSteed
ThunderSteed

Number of posts : 1149
Registration date : 2008-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Big-B Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:21 am

John, congrats!!! There's more in her though!
Big-B
Big-B
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 6053
Registration date : 2007-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by prodrifterx Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:31 am

14.5 at 95mph, with a .750 RT and 2.2 60'------gotta drop the 60' and RT and i think i could be getting 14.0, new tires will help alot. they are bald stret tires.
prodrifterx
prodrifterx
COBRA
COBRA

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkNightV6 Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:36 am

Yea gotta works on that george. You dont want the v6s to beat you lol. i wanna see you and ed head to head, that would be close.
DarkNightV6
DarkNightV6
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 2794

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2733066

Back to top Go down

Post by prodrifterx Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:49 am

yea dont want that. yet if they do it'll inspire/motivate me to get faster. it would be a godd race. auto 4.0 v6 against manual 2v 4.6 v8.....hes tuned and im not. other wise mods are the same. lets do it ed.
prodrifterx
prodrifterx
COBRA
COBRA

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Mike226 Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:09 am

congrats John the car was ran great
Big Mike226
Big Mike226
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Number of posts : 1104
Registration date : 2007-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Boss281 Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:26 pm

PAULSO4GT wrote:John you were there talking with us and next min. you were gone, hence my inv. man comment. thx for the vote of confidence, first air, tune,and internals than tires.

I had a busy day Paul. Saw a lot of folks haven't seen since the fall, lots of new faces, and even spent some time with my mother who came to see me race for the first time ever. Then I had to skip out around 2:30 to do some other things. Great day though...just busy.

John
Boss281
Boss281
Geek Stangs
Geek Stangs

Back to top Go down

Post by prodrifterx Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:53 pm

lol hes popular paul. hes got friends. we dont lol. glad to hear your mother came to see you run/see u at the track.
prodrifterx
prodrifterx
COBRA
COBRA

Back to top Go down

Post by Big-B Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:52 pm

prodrifterx wrote:14.5 at 95mph, with a .750 RT and 2.2 60'------gotta drop the 60' and RT and i think i could be getting 14.0, new tires will help alot. they are bald stret tires.
George, w/ some dr's, you will drop a 1/2 sec off your et.
Big-B
Big-B
Super Charger
Super Charger

Back to top Go down

Post by prodrifterx Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:07 pm

just wondering the DRs u posted for sale....will they fit mine w/o modification (trimming the quarter)...id need 15 inch rims to run them but yea.

any advice aside form leaving sooner at the light to make it quicker? higher launch/roll off rpm? (revved to 3K and eased it off the line til i was moving enoguh that i could stomp the gas and bang gears)
prodrifterx
prodrifterx
COBRA
COBRA

Back to top Go down

Post by Big-B Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:35 pm

The tires I posted are full slicks (not dr's) and too big for your gearing/power. And as far as launching, go on the last yellow, ALWAYS!!! W/ street tires, coming out hard is nearly impossible. Tire spin is inevitable. Stay outa the water box and don't worry about doing a burnout.
Big-B
Big-B
Super Charger
Super Charger

Back to top Go down

Post by 1FUN5.0 Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:06 pm

Yeah....bernie's right about shaving you're trap time. When I had put on a set of slicks on my car...I shaved a .5 sec off my time. That was an exciting day for me that's for sure.
1FUN5.0
1FUN5.0
SNUPER SNATCH
SNUPER SNATCH

Number of posts : 2505
Registration date : 2007-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Boss281 Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:09 pm

prodrifterx wrote:lol hes popular paul. hes got friends. we dont lol. glad to hear your mother came to see you run/see u at the track.

Naw, I gotta work at it JUST to keep 'em. At least me maw still loves me...

John
Boss281
Boss281
Geek Stangs
Geek Stangs

Back to top Go down

Post by prodrifterx Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:20 pm

well all i can do then is to shave my ets by getting out on that last yellow. otherwise parts need to be bought.
prodrifterx
prodrifterx
COBRA
COBRA

Back to top Go down

Post by Big-B Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:33 pm

Boss281 wrote:
prodrifterx wrote:lol hes popular paul. hes got friends. we dont lol. glad to hear your mother came to see you run/see u at the track.

Naw, I gotta work at it JUST to keep 'em. At least me maw still loves me...

John
John, didn't you say you went tubular up front? What did you go with and how do you like the quality of the ride?
Big-B
Big-B
Super Charger
Super Charger

Back to top Go down

Post by Boss281 Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:35 pm

PRO50SC wrote:John, didn't you say you went tubular up front? What did you go with and how do you like the quality of the ride?

I went with the BMR tubular k-member (couldn't afford the a-arms yet but I'll get them soon), and the BMR radiator support/swaybar delete bracket. The k-member comes with a poly motor mount.

It's a bit rough but nothing I can't live with. The rear view mirror vibrates enough that everything is blurry except when cruising in 5th, and I had to play around with the rear shocks on the ride home 3 times to find an acceptable ride.

I think it improved high rpm shifts as well (the motor mount on the k) as I didn't have trouble getting into gear--all gear misses were my own fault.

All in all I'm happy with it. I was a bit worried the ride would be harsh but it's very livable. Adjustable front struts would certainly complement the rears for some smoother driving when not at the track....

John
Boss281
Boss281
Geek Stangs
Geek Stangs

Back to top Go down

Post by RAVEN 6 Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:25 am

prodrifterx wrote:well all i can do then is to shave my ets by getting out on that last yellow. otherwise parts need to be bought.

What light you leave on won't affect your et at all but it does have a major impact on who gets to the finish line first. The reaction time is simply the time it takes your car to break the beam that starts the et clocks from the time the green light comes on.

A good reaction time will get you out ahead of an opponent with a slower reaction time ( holeshot) and you could still potentially beat that oppenent even if he or she has a faster ET.

RAVEN 6
RUSTY MUSTANG
RUSTY MUSTANG

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by 2K05GT Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:42 am

Here is my Timeslips John,
I too had a personal Best at the GOOTC event, I cant wait till next year.
12.41 @ 109.35
with Stock Motor and tranny only bolt-ons
GOOTC day at MIR: new personal best Besttimeslips2008
2K05GT
2K05GT
RUSTY MUSTANG
RUSTY MUSTANG

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-03-24

http://www.home.comcast.net/~2k05gt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down