Maryland Patriot Stangs & Fords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shocks & Struts & Springs & Things......

+3
Silverstang
Henny Penny
d_word
7 posters

Go down

Shocks & Struts & Springs & Things...... Empty Shocks & Struts & Springs & Things......

Post by d_word Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:25 pm

Hope everyone is having a good week so far. I have some downtime at work today and started to dive into looking on upgrading my suspension. Starting with Shocks/Struts/Springs since im way past due on replacing those. Really dont wanna lower my car due to the bumper that im getting, The C series bumper is low as is. Thinking maybe I should keep the stock springs if im not lowering??

Trying to stay in the $3-400 range. Dont need anything adjustable. Will be doing the installs myself hopefully.

Found these on clearance at AM
http://www.americanmuscle.com/mustang-tokico-shock-2005.html

Also on MustangForums a guy was selling a slighty used set of GT500 Shocks/Struts/Springs for 350. Im sure I can talk him down a few bucks.
http://mustangforums.com/forum/parts-for-sale/660726-fs-2010-gt500-shocks-struts-springs.html

Thoughts.....Suggestions...
d_word
d_word
GT
GT

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2012-04-02

Back to top Go down

Shocks & Struts & Springs & Things...... Empty Re: Shocks & Struts & Springs & Things......

Post by Guest Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:31 pm

Maybe just buy new and know where your line in the sand is....I know we all ain't loaded but security could be in knowing what you are really getting. Just saying Shocks & Struts & Springs & Things...... 271735

Back to top Go down

Shocks & Struts & Springs & Things...... Empty Re: Shocks & Struts & Springs & Things......

Post by Henny Penny Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:09 am

6-71 wrote:Maybe just buy new and know where your line in the sand is....I know we all ain't loaded but security could be in knowing what you are really getting. Just saying Shocks & Struts & Springs & Things...... 271735
...agreed...
Henny Penny
Henny Penny
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Number of posts : 1319
Registration date : 2010-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post by d_word Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:20 am

Henny Penny wrote:
6-71 wrote:Maybe just buy new and know where your line in the sand is....I know we all ain't loaded but security could be in knowing what you are really getting. Just saying Shocks & Struts & Springs & Things...... 271735
...agreed...

Yea I would have to agree also. Just looking around more last night made me realize I need to buy all new parts.
d_word
d_word
GT
GT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:46 am

Good for you on that decision and I believe it will be one you won't regret.

Back to top Go down

Post by Silverstang Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:44 am

Although the gt500 set up sounds nice, I only buy stuff like that from someone local or someone I know. The shocks from AM are a good choice.
Silverstang
Silverstang
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Number of posts : 1128
Registration date : 2008-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Great White Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:32 pm

go with the tokico ones from AM suspension components are not somthing you want to skimp on
Great White
Great White
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 2514
Registration date : 2009-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by d_word Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:45 pm

I ordered the tokico's from AM today, hope to get them by Friday to put them on. Still searching around for a good deal on the front struts. Wish they were on clearance too but I may order them this weekend from AM if I don't come across any thing cheaper. Thanks for you input so far guys
d_word
d_word
GT
GT

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Blue Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:04 pm

I put a slightly used GT500 set under Big Blue, I love it but if I had to do it again I would go with something better, so great move, I had 115,000 on the original suspension so when this one came up for $300 struts, shocks and sway bars it was no brainer, it would have cost more to replace the struts and shocks with stock.
So one question D, after you get all this done, do you think you can drive into a curve like a Patriot LOL, just kidding man.
Big Blue
Big Blue
Founder
Founder

Number of posts : 4368
Registration date : 2007-09-19

http://www.mdpatriotstangs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by d_word Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:13 pm

Big Blue wrote:I put a slightly used GT500 set under Big Blue, I love it but if I had to do it again I would go with something better, so great move, I had 115,000 on the original suspension so when this one came up for $300 struts, shocks and sway bars it was no brainer, it would have cost more to replace the struts and shocks with stock.
So one question D, after you get all this done, do you think you can drive into a curve like a Patriot LOL, just kidding man.

LOL I would def feel more comfortable going into those curves after all this is done! guess we will find out on the next cruise

d_word
d_word
GT
GT

Back to top Go down

Post by 05RedDevil Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:48 pm

I've never had a bad experience with a purchase through a forum. Hell, I just bought a set of FRPP 3v0 spark plugs from a guy yesterday and told him I needed them quickly. He lives in New Mexico. They were on my doorstep before noon today.
05RedDevil
05RedDevil
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Number of posts : 1390
Registration date : 2008-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post by d_word Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:44 am

I never had any bad experiences buying on forums or craigslist either. Every aftermarket part on my car is used. Never purchased any moving parts(engine, suspension, etc) used tho.

Came across this on ebay. For $50 darn bucks I may just get them for the upper strut mount upgrade which i need anyways. Think they are $100 on fords website.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/280937641203?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
d_word
d_word
GT
GT

Back to top Go down

Post by Great White Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:49 am

I have no issue buying used parts for my whip either. Some great deals to be found. Just have to look around, sometimes have to go strapped when meeting people off craiglist but in the end works out. Shocks & Struts & Springs & Things...... 261269
Great White
Great White
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 2514
Registration date : 2009-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by etc1006 Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:42 am

Got a few goodies for the 10' off MCM and a couple forums this past week. BMR strut and lower A arm brace, CS front valance, and a pair of RTR wheels BNIB last weekend. And a set of low mile stock 19x8.5" 2011 wheels and tires today.
etc1006
etc1006
MACH 1
MACH 1

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2011-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down