Maryland Patriot Stangs & Fords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fox----Wish list

5 posters

Go down

Fox----Wish list Empty Fox----Wish list

Post by Guest Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:30 pm

I pulled my stang out last friday and put it on the lift and I was able to do some much needed maintenance and after I was able to fix the missing grommet on the throttle body area and now my car acts like it has some friggin nuts!

So now I am gonna ask you all about if you had the money-----> need to be real here and since it is my money it isn't plentiful.

1. MAF sensor/ K&N

2. Chip it

3. Shift kit

4. All of the above?

My car is all stock right now with 49K on it and so I'd to have a little extra when I want it.

Thanks Fox----Wish list 672286

Back to top Go down

Fox----Wish list Empty Re: Fox----Wish list

Post by Henny Penny Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:02 am

Wish list ?
Paint her Emerald Green and donate her to "Steve Wants a Fox Conv. Foundataion ".....and thanks in advance Fox----Wish list 10498
Oh right, this is all about your wish list. Fox----Wish list 434531 Did you already do the coldair intake and tune?
Henny Penny
Henny Penny
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Number of posts : 1319
Registration date : 2010-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post by AAron83 Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:22 am

full exhaust, shift kit, rear end gears, k&n filter, timing advance. good place to start. the timing advance and gears were the best first mods i did when i was a stocker was running 13's and thought it was quick until 2 of my friends 6MT nissan maximas were running high 12's so had to step it up
AAron83
AAron83
COBRA
COBRA

Number of posts : 991
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by LXStangFiveOh Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:08 pm

A chip won't do much for you at all. I agree completely with Aaron. Gears and timing are a great start, and the shift kit will make it even more fun to drive.

I have a like-new C&L 76mm MAF housing with a 19lb (stock) injector sample tube and a K&N filter for a stock airbox both for sale if you're interested. The K&N needs cleaned.
LXStangFiveOh
LXStangFiveOh
MACH 1
MACH 1

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2011-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post by TT_05_Stang Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:22 pm

24lb inj, with matching MAF, fuel pump, adj reg, exhaust, timing, 160-180 therm. intake, gears
TT_05_Stang
TT_05_Stang
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 5329
Registration date : 2007-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by LXStangFiveOh Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:13 pm

And heads
LXStangFiveOh
LXStangFiveOh
MACH 1
MACH 1

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2011-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:30 pm

Henny Penny wrote:Wish list ?
Paint her Emerald Green and donate her to "Steve Wants a Fox Conv. Foundataion ".....and thanks in advance Fox----Wish list 10498
Oh right, this is all about your wish list. Fox----Wish list 434531 Did you already do the coldair intake and tune?

I have a co-worker in Tucson with a 7-up vert LX and it is just sitting in his driveway. I haven't done anything because I don't get to drive it. I am hoping to get another job after the first of the year which would mean I'd be back in Maryland full time and I could drive it more and just meet and greet with folks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:37 pm

ranx93 wrote:full exhaust, shift kit, rear end gears, k&n filter, timing advance. good place to start. the timing advance and gears were the best first mods i did when I was a stocker was running 13's and thought it was quick until 2 of my friends 6MT nissan maximas were running high 12's so had to step it up
Timing advance---how many degrees? For me the gears aren't a big deal since I won't be staging it or racing since a bright red car does draw attention. I would like just a little help to make it that thrill I never could afford.

This topic will be one I will be looking at again in the future once I have a full time job here in Maryland.

Back to top Go down

Post by Henny Penny Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:57 pm

TT_05_Stang wrote:24lb inj, with matching MAF, fuel pump, adj reg, exhaust, timing, 160-180 therm. intake, gears
.....what he said ???? Fox----Wish list 40218
Henny Penny
Henny Penny
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Number of posts : 1319
Registration date : 2010-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post by AAron83 Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:58 pm

6-71 wrote:
ranx93 wrote:full exhaust, shift kit, rear end gears, k&n filter, timing advance. good place to start. the timing advance and gears were the best first mods i did when I was a stocker was running 13's and thought it was quick until 2 of my friends 6MT nissan maximas were running high 12's so had to step it up
Timing advance---how many degrees? For me the gears aren't a big deal since I won't be staging it or racing since a bright red car does draw attention. I would like just a little help to make it that thrill I never could afford.

This topic will be one I will be looking at again in the future once I have a full time job here in Maryland.

I advanced my 93 GT to 12 degrees when i had the stock motor with mac shorty headers h pipe and catback and 373 gears. 410 gears and you should have a fun little street car/cruiser. i feel you on that bright red attention thing haha i want to paint mine now. i didnt do any injectors or maf until i tore into the motor with more serious mods. its just me id rather do everything at once when i figure out what i want
AAron83
AAron83
COBRA
COBRA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:01 pm

Aaron 10-4 on doing everything now, I like instant gratification but ye ole wallet is m/t! My buddy had a 93 vert with 3.73 and a T-5 and it was "peppy" I am not a 4.10 fan for cruising at hi-way speeds.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:03 pm

Henny Penny wrote:
TT_05_Stang wrote:24lb inj, with matching MAF, fuel pump, adj reg, exhaust, timing, 160-180 therm. intake, gears
.....what he said ???? Fox----Wish list 40218
Doh ROTFL

Back to top Go down

Post by AAron83 Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:28 am

6-71 wrote:Aaron 10-4 on doing everything now, I like instant gratification but ye ole wallet is m/t! My buddy had a 93 vert with 3.73 and a T-5 and it was "peppy" I am not a 4.10 fan for cruising at hi-way speeds.

haha ok. my project is on hold for the same reason so she stays indoors chillin.
AAron83
AAron83
COBRA
COBRA

Back to top Go down

Post by RTW0223 Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:40 pm

Listen to Aaron or Will. gears are probably the best bang for the buck, as they say. That's what I went with and love it. Even though its only mildly built, the gears really make for the most fun. but my tires dont like them Fox----Wish list 341203
RTW0223
RTW0223
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Number of posts : 1850
Registration date : 2008-10-19

https://www.facebook.com/ryan.wuerfl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:42 pm

Thank you all and given I am stock and in many ways wanna stay that way gears would be a welcome addition and are a decent price and I know a good rearend mech. I have worked hard to get my house paid down and just never had time for a "me" toy until now and even though I have driven like 300 miles since last Friday my lil pony car will be parked for at least December and then another six months until I can get time off.

Back to top Go down

Post by AAron83 Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:37 am

cool. keep us updated and good luck
AAron83
AAron83
COBRA
COBRA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:27 am

ranx93 wrote:cool. keep us updated and good luck

We'll do since I am on the fast track.....you know the 5 year plan that gets pushed to the left and so on and so on. Hopefully not but if I know my track record I can see it now. But when I get back fulltime I can at least make a cruise or meet folks who love there stangs. Fox----Wish list 73163

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:32 pm

Fox----Wish list 271735 Gears---->3.73 are in the hopper for my next trip home. I believe that alone will make a big difference. Tonight going home this newer vert just dusted my ass even though I wasn't gonna run him since my fam was with me. But had I had gears I believe it would of jumped and acted like it had some guts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down