Maryland Patriot Stangs & Fords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

State Inspection Suggestions for Modded Rides

+2
kooldawg6
05RedDevil
6 posters

Go down

State Inspection Suggestions for Modded Rides Empty State Inspection Suggestions for Modded Rides

Post by 05RedDevil Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:03 am

I recently bought a 2006 F250 and it has, well, a few things done to it. I took it to a place in Severna Park and they listed some pretty bullshit items for repair so it will be worth it to find another, less douchebag place. Any suggestions?
The items they said were wrong were:
Window tint - legit, and I agree it is way too dark and I hate driving at night
Wheels stick out past the body. They are only marginally wider, as in not even an inch
Brake lines don't have enough extra play in them due to the lift? Seriously?!
No catalytic converter. It's a diesel. Come on
Something about the "gear shift" that the receptionist couldn't explain.

05RedDevil
05RedDevil
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Number of posts : 1390
Registration date : 2008-03-05

Back to top Go down

State Inspection Suggestions for Modded Rides Empty Re: State Inspection Suggestions for Modded Rides

Post by kooldawg6 Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:15 am

I also recently found out just how strict MD state inspections are! Karen spent several hours at AAA while they looked over the car with a more than fine tooth comb! Fortunately the only issues they found were a busted rear shock and one of the front rotors was .007" too thin! That is the only experience I have with MD state inspection. Sorry I can't be of more help on where to go with a modded vehicle...
kooldawg6
kooldawg6
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 4896
Registration date : 2007-12-19

Back to top Go down

State Inspection Suggestions for Modded Rides Empty Re: State Inspection Suggestions for Modded Rides

Post by FASFOX89 Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:12 am

pics of the new FORD!!!
FASFOX89
FASFOX89
BOSS
BOSS

Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by stevenb913 Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:35 am

Everybody knows a "guy" to pass their car. Just ask around. I had to get my stang passed.

stevenb913
GT
GT

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2011-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:08 pm

Cats for diesels are the law now and that means it is chipped? big exhaust? And if it blows black smoke when you gouge it that could spell trouble later,<---another subject later. Brake lines are a factor for travel on the suspension, maybe a anal hit but one you'd be safer fixing. Plus you have a 15 temp tag and you can apply an extension if you need it. I mean it was said there are hook ups but they are becoming less available because Maryland is becoming more and more like California. But if you find that guy i'd recommend just mum-sing the word. I know I wasn't any help there but you will learn a lot from this for the next time you go through it.

Back to top Go down

Post by etc1006 Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:29 am

But, was the cat required in 06? I know the newer ones require the low sulfur fuel. Alot of pumps even have warning lablels on them stating you can;t use it in certain vehicles. They can't mandate newer equipment on an older vehicle as long as the older vehicle meets its model years requirements. The cat makes no sense on the diesel (at least the older ones), they don't do emissions on them anyway...
etc1006
etc1006
MACH 1
MACH 1

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2011-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:53 am

I guess if they don't do emissions so it shouldn't be an issue. I know from past experience down south you have to do a annual vehicle inspection and that was a requirement. Low sulfur fuel just robs power, adding non sythenic power steering fluid will give the power back and cool the exhuast temps and turbo temps under a load. i have always sent my cars to the Ford dealer in Prince Frederick becausde I know I will get a NO BS assessment of what I need or don't need.

Back to top Go down

Post by LXStangFiveOh Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:22 pm

This will show what will fail if you wanna look through it...

http://www.dsd.state.md.us/comar/SubtitleSearch.aspx?search=11.14.02.*

Pretty easy for an inspection station to fail a lot of things, a lot of it is a judgement call. Just gotta find a recommended place.

But yes a vehicle can be failed for any exhaust that isn't original, including a missing item. Lame! State Inspection Suggestions for Modded Rides 434531
LXStangFiveOh
LXStangFiveOh
MACH 1
MACH 1

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2011-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:07 am

I am sure he has a handle on it by now? Inspection stations can be pretty hard over on those after market items. I am from Texas and i know that most of the ole boys who trick there diesels out have hook ups at the inspection stations so they can continue to let'em flow easy.

Back to top Go down

Post by 05RedDevil Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:54 pm

Yeah, James hooked me up with Raymond who hooked me up with a guy.
All is good now
05RedDevil
05RedDevil
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Number of posts : 1390
Registration date : 2008-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post by kooldawg6 Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:03 pm

State Inspection Suggestions for Modded Rides 10498
kooldawg6
kooldawg6
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 4896
Registration date : 2007-12-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:36 pm

good deal, it's magic!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down