Maryland Patriot Stangs & Fords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lug key

2 posters

Go down

Lug key Empty Lug key

Post by Guest Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:33 pm

I am in need of a lock lug key for my 90 vert. My lugs are 13/16 and I have posted a picture over on MCOM. If you can assist me please just PM me on this site and I'll contact you.

Thank you.

Back to top Go down

Lug key Empty Re: Lug key

Post by Big-B Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:40 am

As in for locking lugs? If so, they are all different. Not everyone belongs to MCOM, may wanna post a pic here.
Big-B
Big-B
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 6053
Registration date : 2007-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:10 am

Big-B wrote:As in for locking lugs? If so, they are all different. Not everyone belongs to MCOM, may wanna post a pic here.
yes please you may, I am clueless on the posting ways of this site since it is different than any other site I've been part of. I don't have an online photo account like the bucket so I am SOL.

All I think is this was a dealer option in the early nineties. I know I can have them removed with a removal socket and most likely I am going down that road and I don't plan on having locking lugs. If they nned my stock rims that bad they can have'm.

Thanks Big B I appreciate the assistance.

Back to top Go down

Post by Big-B Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:59 am

Yeah they came w/ an id card so you were able to get a new key, if you don't have that, you'll have to have them removed. You may be able to do it yourself depending on how tight they were put on. Try taking a 7/8 socket and beating it down over the lug. An inpact socket works best as a lot of time a chrome one tends to break. You have to really beat it on, then see if you can remove it. Or you can buy a removal kit if you can find one cheap enough. Unless you can find someone to do it on the cheap. We used to charge a 1/2 hour shop labor to remove them. Most shops have the tool, call around and see what one will charge. This may also help you get the idea.
http://my350z.com/forum/brakes-and-suspension-diy/484573-diy-how-to-remove-stripped-lugs-or-wheel-locks-without-a-key.html
Big-B
Big-B
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 6053
Registration date : 2007-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by 306Fox Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:52 pm

6-71 if you need to upload photos, you can upload them to a site like tinypic.com or imageshack.us.

Take the direct link they give you after you upload the picture, and paste it between [img][/img] tags without spaces via forums. No need for a photobucket account or anything.
306Fox
306Fox
RUSTY MUSTANG
RUSTY MUSTANG

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2013-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: