Maryland Patriot Stangs & Fords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Moving to Hagerstown

+5
LXStangFiveOh
svtwin73
Bethelism
Boss281
Henny Penny
9 posters

Go down

Moving to Hagerstown Empty Moving to Hagerstown

Post by RTW0223 Sat May 25, 2013 12:02 am

Hey all! Been a while since i was active on here. Been due to my senior design project building a hybrid electric vehicle. Just spent the last two weeks at GM's desert proving grounds in Yuma, AZ and in San Diego competing against the other 14 teams.

But I'll be heading back to MD Monday after graduating with my BS in Mechanical Engineering!!!!

I have accepted a job with JLG Industries in Hagerstown, MD! I should be starting early July. You will most likely be seeing more of me now:) especially on the weekends

anyone know of good places near hagerstown and frederick to live? looking for a one Bedroom type deal with a garage.
RTW0223
RTW0223
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Number of posts : 1850
Registration date : 2008-10-19

https://www.facebook.com/ryan.wuerfl

Back to top Go down

Moving to Hagerstown Empty Re: Moving to Hagerstown

Post by Henny Penny Sat May 25, 2013 7:11 am

Thats great and congrats.Moving to Hagerstown 10498
Henny Penny
Henny Penny
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Number of posts : 1319
Registration date : 2010-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Boss281 Sat May 25, 2013 7:13 am

Congrats on finishing school with a very marketable degree, and finding employment quickly--best of luck!

The market is starting to get stronger again, so start your search for a place to love asap. I'm sure everyone has an opinion, but Laura and I found this website to be the best to do our searches http://www.weichert.com/MD/ . Having a brother in the business didn't hurt, but we did all our visits and narrowing down our choices through this one. Best of luck, and congrats again!
Boss281
Boss281
Geek Stangs
Geek Stangs

Number of posts : 1719
Registration date : 2007-12-06

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2059455

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethelism Sat May 25, 2013 10:00 am

Congrats, buddy!! And good luck on the search! There's some great places here in Fredneck, and I know a great realtor if you'd like the info...
Bethelism
Bethelism
Grand Poobet
Grand Poobet

Number of posts : 1724
Registration date : 2008-12-30

http://www.bethelism.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 25, 2013 10:50 am

Good for you in your new chapter in life. Yuma eh? Yeah spent a lot of time out on the bombing ranges back in the day. Good times when I was ordnance tech on A-6E all weather attack planes. Again best of success in your endeavors.

BTW how did your car do overall and what did you learn at the GM test facility?

Back to top Go down

Post by svtwin73 Sat May 25, 2013 1:24 pm

6-71 wrote:what did you learn at the GM test facility?

Corvettes melt in the heat....
svtwin73
svtwin73
BOSS
BOSS

Number of posts : 488
Registration date : 2008-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 25, 2013 8:19 pm

svtwin73 wrote:

Yup agreed.

Back to top Go down

Post by LXStangFiveOh Sat May 25, 2013 9:10 pm

If you're buying, try to get outside of city limits. I love it here in Frederick as well :-)
LXStangFiveOh
LXStangFiveOh
MACH 1
MACH 1

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2011-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post by RTW0223 Sat May 25, 2013 9:22 pm

our car came in 6th place overall out of the 15 teams. Very disappointing, but this is after all only year 2 of the 3 year competition. we only had our electric vehicle mode of operation working too.

what i learned at gm..... its ridiculously hot and there will never be a picture taken of their facility...ever lol

Im trying to find a place in between hagerstown and frederick. so my commute is not long and neither are the bars!
RTW0223
RTW0223
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Back to top Go down

Post by LXStangFiveOh Wed May 29, 2013 11:11 pm

Boonsboro is a good area
LXStangFiveOh
LXStangFiveOh
MACH 1
MACH 1

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2011-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Blue Thu May 30, 2013 4:27 pm

Welcome home
Big Blue
Big Blue
Founder
Founder

Number of posts : 4368
Registration date : 2007-09-19

http://www.mdpatriotstangs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Great White Thu May 30, 2013 4:48 pm

Congrats Ryan on your graduation, degree and new job! I'm sure you will have no problem finding a place in Fredneck. Will have to grab a beer together soon
Great White
Great White
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 2514
Registration date : 2009-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by RTW0223 Thu May 30, 2013 10:47 pm

Lone Star wrote:Congrats Ryan on your graduation, degree and new job! I'm sure you will have no problem finding a place in Fredneck. Will have to grab a beer together soon

thanks! and sounds good to me!
RTW0223
RTW0223
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Back to top Go down

Post by Henny Penny Fri May 31, 2013 4:29 am

svtwin73 wrote:

Moving to Hagerstown 154101
Henny Penny
Henny Penny
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Number of posts : 1319
Registration date : 2010-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 31, 2013 8:27 am

RTW0223 wrote:our car came in 6th place overall out of the 15 teams. Very disappointing, but this is after all only year 2 of the 3 year competition. we only had our electric vehicle mode of operation working too.

what i learned at gm..... its ridiculously hot and there will never be a picture taken of their facility...ever lol

Im trying to find a place in between hagerstown and frederick. so my commute is not long and neither are the bars!

Actually I believe that is pretty impressive because you all were in the middle of the pack and to me that sounds like a lot of positive future growth if you'd stayed with that team in school. never know you might see an article in popular science of your car someday I mean if your school kept working that program.

Good idea to be close to a cool bar so that you can use your feet going home crossed eyed.

Back to top Go down

Post by mjr46 Fri May 31, 2013 8:47 am

RTW0223 wrote:Hey all! Been a while since i was active on here. Been due to my senior design project building a hybrid electric vehicle. Just spent the last two weeks at GM's desert proving grounds in Yuma, AZ and in San Diego competing against the other 14 teams.

But I'll be heading back to MD Monday after graduating with my BS in Mechanical Engineering!!!!

I have accepted a job with JLG Industries in Hagerstown, MD! I should be starting early July. You will most likely be seeing more of me now:) especially on the weekends

anyone know of good places near hagerstown and frederick to live? looking for a one Bedroom type deal with a garage.
Congrats Ryan!!!!! You'll be in my neck of the woods now..lol!!!

mjr46
BOSS
BOSS

Number of posts : 649
Registration date : 2008-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by RTW0223 Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:01 pm

6-71 wrote:
RTW0223 wrote:our car came in 6th place overall out of the 15 teams. Very disappointing, but this is after all only year 2 of the 3 year competition. we only had our electric vehicle mode of operation working too.

Actually I believe that is pretty impressive because you all were in the middle of the pack and to me that sounds like a lot of positive future growth if you'd stayed with that team in school. never know you might see an article in popular science of your car someday I mean if your school kept working that program.

Good idea to be close to a cool bar so that you can use your feet going home crossed eyed.

Our school has been a part of Argonne's Advanced Vehicle Technology COmpetitions for decades! And we have had several articles published about us, most recently in the SAE newsletter I believe. And I do plan to keep in touch with the team and help out as much as possible
RTW0223
RTW0223
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Back to top Go down

Post by RTW0223 Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:01 pm

mjr46 wrote:
RTW0223 wrote:Hey all! Been a while since i was active on here. Been due to my senior design project building a hybrid electric vehicle. Just spent the last two weeks at GM's desert proving grounds in Yuma, AZ and in San Diego competing against the other 14 teams.

We'll catch up and have some fun soon! Moving to Hagerstown 73163
RTW0223
RTW0223
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Back to top Go down

Post by mjr46 Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:22 pm

RTW0223 wrote:
mjr46 wrote:

sounds good!!! gotta make that thing faaster now!! Smile

mjr46
BOSS
BOSS

Number of posts : 649
Registration date : 2008-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by RTW0223 Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:27 am

mjr46 wrote:
RTW0223 wrote:
mjr46 wrote:

sounds good!!! gotta make that thing faaster now!! Smile

thats the plan. think the first thing im gonna do is paint her first but gotta find me a DD first!
RTW0223
RTW0223
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Back to top Go down

Post by RTW0223 Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:57 pm

Well, I have signed a lease for an apartment in Hagerstown.  So.... who is down for a housewarming party??Moving to Hagerstown 268252Moving to Hagerstown 268252
RTW0223
RTW0223
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down