Maryland Patriot Stangs & Fords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Happy New Year 2014

+3
Silverstang
Great White
Boss281
7 posters

Go down

Happy New Year 2014 Empty Happy New Year 2014

Post by Boss281 Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:18 am

Happy New Year's Eve everyone!

At the Holiday party a few weeks ago, Bethel and I discussed some new activities for the year.  This past year wasn't our most active, although the team did try a few things.  Life gets in the way, but folks, life IS short!  This club was formed because we couldn't get some of the other clubs off their collective asses and actually do things with their Mustangs, or had somewhat draconian views of behavior.  I still remember meeting with Ed, Juan and a few others that night in Baltimore, sometime in 2007, to discuss a club that wouldn't require dues and be focused on Mustang activities and socializing.  Over time, our age ranges have spanned the teens through middle 50s, and all have one thing in common: a love for our cars and getting together with like minded folks.

As mentioned, Bethel and I had a brief discussion about some ideas for cruises and outings.  Each of us had a good handful, and enough to get the year going.  Mentioned was a cruise to be followed by food/fun at Champions Billiards in Frederick, a pub crawl (Frederick, Rockville, where ever), Eastern Shore crabcakes--I even recall an older idea for tubing at one of the ski resorts (non-Mustang 4x4 acceptable for this one).  And why not hit a brewery like Flying Dog or Yuengling or Dogfish Head? I'll start an idea thread here shortly, that will help us remember excursion ideas.

Anyhow, you all have a safe New Year's outing, and let's look forward to an active club year.

Best...

John
Boss281
Boss281
Geek Stangs
Geek Stangs

Number of posts : 1719
Registration date : 2007-12-06

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2059455

Back to top Go down

Happy New Year 2014 Empty Re: Happy New Year 2014

Post by Great White Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:51 am

Happy New Year to you as well.

I hope we can become an active group like we used to be. 2013 sucked for this club. It made me depressed as this is my favorite club of the many I am involved in.

I have scaled back my participation in the other clubs, as I am no longer willing to come up with ideas and waste my time on clubs that no one participates in.

Great White
Great White
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 2514
Registration date : 2009-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Silverstang Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:30 pm

Well said John and James. As always I will support in any way I can. See all of you in the new year.
Silverstang
Silverstang
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Number of posts : 1128
Registration date : 2008-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by 05RedDevil Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:14 pm

Strongly agreed.
Also, when the club was most active, we went ALL over MD and DC and VA and WV. The newness of each cruise was part of the excitement. There was no out West or out East. If it was MD, it was ours.
Familiarity can be helpful from time to time but repeatedly meeting at the Pizza Hut in Mt. Airy got old very quick.
Here's hoping for a fun and active 2014
05RedDevil
05RedDevil
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Number of posts : 1390
Registration date : 2008-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post by ndnboy Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:20 am

Happy New Year and hope to get out to some great outings this year
ndnboy
ndnboy
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Number of posts : 4503
Registration date : 2007-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:03 pm

I met a few of yous last summer at the go cart place and it was pretty cool. For me the hardest deal outside of my job as I travel far and wide is making some events and time to set aside since I live on the ass end of nowhere and so I have to plan the day out ect. Overall I found that the folks up the road have been right cool and that is why I would join you all when an event does surface.

2014 and so I guess anything is possible.

Rock on.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethelism Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:17 pm

I've put up a posting for suggestions.... Please post! And remember, you can't bitch about what we're doing if you aren't participating here!
Bethelism
Bethelism
Grand Poobet
Grand Poobet

Number of posts : 1724
Registration date : 2008-12-30

http://www.bethelism.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Great White Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:36 pm

Bethelism wrote:I've put up a posting for suggestions.... Please post! And remember, you can't bitch about what we're doing if you aren't participating here!

Translation:
show up or shut up
Great White
Great White
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 2514
Registration date : 2009-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Henny Penny Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:41 pm

Happy New Year 2014 878392