Maryland Patriot Stangs & Fords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's everyone been up too

+5
Great White
ndnboy
Henny Penny
RTW0223
Silverstang
9 posters

Go down

What's everyone been up too Empty What's everyone been up too

Post by Silverstang Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:34 pm

let's get this thing going again. So what has everyone been up too? I haven't seen many of you since may in OC.

As for me, the ride is still running strong. She's been dressed down for the winter though. Got a promotion at the job. More title than money but i'll take what i can get. One good perk is I have an assigned parking space and now when I walk into the break room people stop talking. What's everyone been up too 434531

Headed to Miami next week to see the Raven's play. I wish I could have known half the team would be out with injuries before I brought these tickets.

That's about it for me.
Silverstang
Silverstang
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Number of posts : 1128
Registration date : 2008-02-08

Back to top Go down

What's everyone been up too Empty Re: What's everyone been up too

Post by RTW0223 Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:52 pm

Recently my fox failed emissions, so I'll be working on getting it to pass this week. I'm also looking into what it will take to restore heat and AC to the fox. I have no AC components in the car and I think the previous owner jimmy rigged the hvac controls in the car. So this ought to be fun. Before the spring I would like to install caster camber plates, a new k member with a arms, and coil overs. But the job is just so-so right now, so funds are limited.
RTW0223
RTW0223
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Number of posts : 1850
Registration date : 2008-10-19

https://www.facebook.com/ryan.wuerfl

Back to top Go down

Post by Henny Penny Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:19 pm

Silverstang wrote:let's get this thing going again. So what has everyone been up too? I haven't seen many of you since may in OC.

As for me, the ride is still running strong. She's been dressed down for the winter though. Got a promotion at the job. More title than money but i'll take what i can get. One good perk is I have an assigned parking space and now when I walk into the break room people stop talking. What's everyone been up too 434531

Headed to Miami next week to see the Raven's play. I wish I could have known half the team would be out with injuries before I brought these tickets.

That's about it for me.
Sean we always stopped talking when you walked into the room , you just didn't notice
Henny Penny
Henny Penny
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Number of posts : 1319
Registration date : 2010-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Henny Penny Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:30 pm

After 2014 being a real bad year between the "Toy" and myself. What we thought was a screwed up fuel pump install turned out to be a combination of new fuel pump and bad ignition coil. This past spring after the running issues were cured she got new brakes and tires all around. Replaced the cut and paste tail light wiring system and new headlights. We are back to cruising again, had the top down Thanksgiving Day and gas mileage is back to 28 to 30 mpg at 71,000 miles
Henny Penny
Henny Penny
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Number of posts : 1319
Registration date : 2010-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Blue Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:05 pm

Well job still the same, contracting at Sinai Hospital 3 months at a time, still trying to get on over at U of Md full time, as far as Blue goes, shes starting to show the signs of 170,000 mile car, but still taking me to work everyday, I think only Paul knows about this though, he rescued me a couple of weeks back, ya if you happen to have added a mechanical oil gauge I would highly suggest you put a new nylon tube on it every 3 years, you see at around 5 years they decide to just let go, no warning, no leaking, no all at once, on your way to work in the rain, oil all over the engine, a mess you say, that would be ok if that was all BUT no, fire, yes fire, I was smart enough to slam the hood the second I saw it, and the fire went out and somehow did no damage, thank god, but I was unloading all the valuables, tablet, cell phone that sort of thing, I though it was a goner, usually that sort of thing keeps going, but we took care of it, I removed the tubing and replaced the original sender, I'll hook it back up after I get an electronic gauge.
As for little one, finally got the oil pan modified and I stumbled on a 4 speed and pedals and cable so we'r not going auto we're going 4 speed, all the extra parts that I got will accommodate a T5 but for now as I have the 4 speed I'm using it, the T5 will come later.
Big Blue
Big Blue
Founder
Founder

Number of posts : 4368
Registration date : 2007-09-19

http://www.mdpatriotstangs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ndnboy Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:47 am

Nothin new Stang wise other than Rotors/Pads, just crept over 165K and she is running good, trying to keep her under 200-300Miles a week : )

Father n Law seems to be listening to my whining, hope to have a shot at his '67 come Spring : )

Other than that my son just got his license, trying to decide if a 5 speed manual, rear drive Pony is what I want to hand him, OR look for a well use car.....
ndnboy
ndnboy
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Number of posts : 4503
Registration date : 2007-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Great White Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:44 am

Picked up a '89 Supercharged notchback a couple months ago. Been doing a bunch of little things that I wanted to do, not that needed to be done Smile

Car has lots of goodies as I bought it:

Powerdyne Centrifugal Supercharger 6# of boost
ported heads
Tubular GT40 intake manifold
65 mm throttle body
24 lb injectors
FLSFC
caster/camber plates
T-5 world class transmission
x303 cam
shorty headers
flowmaster 44's dumped
offroad H pipe
MSD Box
MAF&FMU
Electric Fans
4.10 gears
Moroso drag springs
lakewood struts
competition engineering 50/50 shocks
4" cowl hood

Since I've owned it:
20% tint
short throw shifter, had Hurst short throw, but was worn out (will rebuild and keep for later)
County/Prison Shift knob (4th gear County, 5th Prison) What's everyone been up too 672286
Weather stripping on doors & trunk
Windshield wipers
antenna delete plate
clutch and brake pedal rubber covers
6 piece factory style headlights to replace one piece ricer headlights
amber bulbs for reverse lights (had white bulbs)
car had brand new black carpet already so was good there.
painted rear seat with black dupli-color fabric and vinyl paint (looks amazing)
Painted GT front seats that were "crime scene red",  black and they came out like new, still need to be installed. Base grey seats that came in car have little support, so the GT seats is a big upgrade imo.
Ford emblem on trunk (was removed when car was painted black) originally Dark Grey Metallic. there were holes for the Ford emblem so needed to cover them.
No LX badges or 5.0 badges, I like the clean look.

car needs to be wet sanded to make it nice, shame because someone took the time to paint it right (door jams, trunk, engine bay, all black now) clearly money was spent on go fast parts. The car is solid however :D

I still have my '11 and have no plans to get rid of it.
Great White
Great White
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 2514
Registration date : 2009-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Boss281 Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:41 pm

God almighty, 2015 has been crap. Money problems, job problems, car problems, dog problems, house problems, health problems, parent health problems...the black cloud has been circling, and after watching it swirl around me for a while I saw enough to figure out what to do.

I finally had enough bullshit at work, and bought back my 4 years Navy time. As of March 2016 I'll have 34 years federal service and I'm calling it quits. I figure 90 days to transition a new team and I'll walk July 1, and should have found a nice local job that's no more than 15 minutes from the house. I'm tired of 90 minute commutes starting at 5:15 every morning.

My ex was redeployed from Ft. Meade to Charlottesville VA back in July, and we put the house up on the market to get rid of our last jointly owned property. Two weeks from settlement the buyers (first time) got cold feet and backed out. So we have to start over. In late November. Nice.

The "Boss" has been tricky getting back to street form, as a slew of things have been catching up with the machine. New brakes (nice big Brembo rotors and calipers from the GT500), new staggered wheels and tires, new clutch (after the one put in last summer took a crap after 700 miles), new air/fuel gauge, etc. Still looking for stock OEM manual passenger seat in black leather. I have so much used 2005-2009 inventory (I mean, two sets of wheels and tires in mint shape, brand new unused Cervini hood, etc) that I'm hauling it all to Carlisle in a UHaul to sell on vendor's row!

Lets see: both Linda and I have had some scares with the big "C", mine is being watched, hers was removed last week and she's got the all clear (all removed, no trace in system). Her parents are in very poor health. My dad made me executor of his will and I finally got out of denial that this 85 year old man is reaching end of life within the next few years. God I love that man, my Pop! He'll be the last man I ever salute. He's asked to be buried in the Korean War vet's cemetery. I will do so with Honor.

My poor dog Percy has been fighting pancreatitis bouts for months on end, and we thought he was buying the farm the same day Linda was released from the hospital. I slept on the floor between the two of them, ready to attend to either one. Thankfully he made it through and I have him on a very strict diet, which seems to be turning the tide.

I hate the state of politics in this country, and the nation of wussies and whiners that are coming out of the woodwork. If I only had the energy to run for office...nah, just kidding!

I don't like having one Mustang to play with, but it will have to do. Come on Spring!!!
Boss281
Boss281
Geek Stangs
Geek Stangs

Number of posts : 1719
Registration date : 2007-12-06

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2059455

Back to top Go down

Post by Great White Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:09 pm

John sorry to hear about your shitty year and hope that it turns around for you sooner then later.
Great White
Great White
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 2514
Registration date : 2009-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Blue Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:43 pm

Damn John that sucks, but it will turn around.
Big Blue
Big Blue
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by mjr46 Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:54 am

been busy restoring a 77 f-150.......building a 400 for it currently......after that it's on to project 2....77 cj-7 with a chevy 350, gotta put it back together/restore

mjr46
BOSS
BOSS

Number of posts : 649
Registration date : 2008-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Silverstang Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:20 am

Mike, are these for you or are you doing this for someone else?
Silverstang
Silverstang
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Number of posts : 1128
Registration date : 2008-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by mjr46 Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:54 am

Silverstang wrote:Mike, are these for you or are you doing this for someone else?
I purchased them, but one thing has led to another and they will be to nice for the intended use I had so I will sell them when done....hope to have the truck done by spring Smile

mjr46
BOSS
BOSS

Back to top Go down

Post by RTW0223 Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:52 pm

mjr46 wrote:
Silverstang wrote:Mike, are these for you or are you doing this for someone else?
I purchased them, but one thing has led to another and they will be to nice for the intended use I had so I will sell them when done....hope to have the truck done by spring  Smile

hopefully that thing will tow better than that jeep What's everyone been up too 10498
RTW0223
RTW0223
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Back to top Go down

Post by mjr46 Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:59 pm

RTW0223 wrote:
mjr46 wrote:
I purchased them, but one thing has led to another and they will be to nice for the intended use I had so I will sell them when done....hope to have the truck done by spring  Smile

hopefully that thing will tow better than that jeep  What's everyone been up too 10498
oh it'll have plenty of power and tow just fine...........however, doesn't appear I'll keep it, it'll be to nice for me when done...lol

mjr46
BOSS
BOSS

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Blue Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:02 pm

I know I asked this before but now I'm ready to buy, I'm looking for a good used t5 for the II, anyone ?
Big Blue
Big Blue
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by d_word Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:10 am

Hey guys, kinda late but just wanted to chime in and give an update. Hope everyone is well. 

The '13 is still running like new, still stock. Think im gonna do some gears and bolt-ons in the spring time. Maybe new exhaust too. 

I just got a new job doing IT work for Bon Secours in Marriottsville, right off 70. Job situation was a little shaky this year so im thankful to to do something I enjoy and get paid for it. 

Other than that everything is good, no complaints. Hope to see you all soon next year for a cruise or a get together.
d_word
d_word
GT
GT

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2012-04-02

Back to top Go down

Post by RTW0223 Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:16 pm

Back to what everyone is up to...

I just installed a new heater core and a/c evaporator this weekend.  Still waiting on a couple odds and ends coming in the mail this week before I can actually get to seeing if it works....  I have acquired all of the A/C components, but i am going to focus on getting the heat working first. Took me all of 8 hours Saturday. A good chunk of it, though, was cutting out the old evaporator. what a PITA!

What's everyone been up too ZIngVbK
RTW0223
RTW0223
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Back to top Go down

Post by Silverstang Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:22 pm

Wow, that looks like a pita