Maryland Patriot Stangs & Fords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Budget Minded ways to make your car say Hey I'm Bad @$$

+7
kooldawg6
zporta
Croft
Silverstang
Boss281
Big-B
vack
11 posters

Go down

Budget Minded ways to make your car say Hey I'm Bad @$$ Empty Budget Minded ways to make your car say Hey I'm Bad @$$

Post by vack Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:11 am

Ok so I'm kind of new to posting on these forums but been a member a while but you know how it goes, until you get comfortable ya don't like to talk..........kind of why I don't like a lot of cruises, my wife isn't into it, and I go alone to them, so ya feel out of place, but I met a couple of you all at the cruise down near Frederick and pretty nice people, and I felt comfortable around the ones I spoke to............So, (sorry for my blabbing) I'd like to share with pictures and stories on how I turned my car, into a pretty bad @$$ ride, (In my opinion anyway ;p). Besides I read that maybe we need more discussion on Mods and parts, (which I love talking about) and less of the other nancy pancy stuff.

So here we go................

First a lil background....My name is Jason, I live in Johnstown, PA. I'm a career Firefighter there IAFF 463 for those of you that share this great profession. For those that do not know, people in my line of work will never be "RICH" with money, but IMO rich with much greater things. So with that in mind, you know now that I'm on a strict budget with the stang, and most things I've gotten with Holiday Pay, or Tax Returns.

The story starts in September of 06, (actually way way before that when I was a child but we'll get into that later). I love cars, the sickness as we joke, and runs in my family. Now keep in mind my lovely wife of 8 years, thinks cars are for getting from point A to B. Yeah they do that too, but she doesn't eat, dream, sleep, talk, and love vehicles like I do. So I'm always at a car lot looking at something new that just came out, or heck something used that I always liked. So Ford is running the 0% deal on the mustang in September '06......I run right out to the local Ford "Stealerships" and well at this time, 5 spd's were ghost across the eastern side of this great, great country, (that's my Palin impersonation for you all). Well I stumpled on one GT I liked. It was Black, and an Auto. The Dealer said here is your payments, I said well I have to ask the wife......So he said take it home for the night.....So I did. Well to make it shorter than all the details, that didn't go too well, and I returned the black GT to the lot the next morning. Although in the end it was the right thing, as I didn't really want black that was not my vision for my next car, and I wanted a 5 spd, or a winning lottery ticket so I could get the One with the 6 spd in it, yes the big bad GT 500.

So Anyways in December while driving a trailer to pick stuff up for my part time job, I figured I have time I'll run in the dealer here and see what they had...........well they didn't have jack, but I got talking, to the guy that sold me mine eventually, and he said lets see what we can find.........I was picky, I wanted, White or Blue, (due to my vision for the car). Well he found one, a white one, 5 spd, 07 GT Premium just as I wanted it save for the wheels. But I took care of that recently. So I fought with the wife for a week, then I won out and scored my car.

Here she is in all her glory after she was delivered to the back of the dealership, from Ohio.
Budget Minded ways to make your car say Hey I'm Bad @$$ HPIM1522

Yeah pretty plain huh??? Well there is something about White, and that is, it's a blank canvas, and you are the artist.

So the thing ya need if you have a car you just got or you are thinking of getting is you need a picture in your head of what you want to do with the car........We can all go overboard OCDing over the best of this the best of that, but remember don't go bankrupt either. So my vision, since I was 8 years old I think, my Dad met some of his old Air Force Buddies at a reunion picnic. Dad took the car he bought in the service, a '66 Stingray, 327/300hp Side pipes all that corvette style....hell I loved it. Well turns out all dad's friends in the service were gear heads, and they all must have agreed through LETTERS, not email, that was a way different time than today. That if they still owned the cars they had in the service they would bring them to the picnic, if they ran of course. Well one of my father’s friends Crazy Al they called him, had a 1967 White/Guardsman Blue GT 350...........This man/boy at the time, immediately fell in love with that car. I never forgot it; I knew I had to have one. Well as time went on I found out I wasn't going to have the cash to own an actual GT 350. But I did have this New 2007 White Mustang, and memories of my first love that '67 350. So my plan was in motion.

First thing was to find out about the actual color of the stripes. Now here is where you save a lot of money and time, and just gain HUGE amounts of knowledge through stories and what not, by having time to just plain be nice and talk to people. Car people WANT to talk about cars, and they will give you whatever knowledge they have, and maybe even a killer deal, if you show them that you are truly interested, and listen, and show them much respect. So I met a lot of people just by asking questions, about the old cars, I found out about Guardsman Blue, and I found out the price to paint them on the car, over the Clear, with clear on that, and with the flat sanding and burying the stripe so you can not feel it........the second of the two is always the better option so you know, but is more costly. I got prices on the latter, as I want this car to be special and not fly by night.......however I could not afford the paint, and still cant yet. So through talking to the one body shop guy he turned me onto the vinyl option, and told me to look at Baltimore Street Mods. So I did and took up a color sheet to him, and we choose Old Ford Blue as the color of the stripes, as it was the closest to the Guardsman Blue we could muster up with the vinyl. So I purchased the Full 12" Kit with the GT 350 Rockers. Now this was my first discount IMO. Maybe because my body shop guy knew I was really into this or what not but, or I allowed him to be a part of the decision making process of the color and size, he said I'll tell ya what I'll put them on for you for $100 bucks. I was really taken back by that offer and said thanks a lot I'd appreciate that. This mod took 1 day to complete, I think he had 8 hours into it. Again the body shop did this one not me

So I have 125.00 in Stripes and another 70 in the rockers plus 100 install, that is 295 Dollars and now we look like this.....
Budget Minded ways to make your car say Hey I'm Bad @$$ HPIM1548

So I said, well it looks pretty good now and it's getting deep into winter, so lets to some garage projects. Immediately you look at the brake calibers and they make ya want to barf........so I venture down to Auto zone and for 17 bucks I score a Brake Caliber kit. I take my time and pull the wheels and paint them up.....the look really good blue. This is a newer pic but hey imagine it with the fan blades I guess. This project took me two days, as I put on multiple coats and did not take the calibers fully off, due to I didn't feel like bleeding brakes on a new car......However I highly suggest that you, take them off and even glass bead them nicely, if you've driven it a while without paint, and even put on a base primer, high heat primer, and paint them up good. This took me 2 days, about 2 to 3 hours per day to complete.
Budget Minded ways to make your car say Hey I'm Bad @$$ HPIM2384

Next, it was February, and I seen a Hurst Shifter in a Shelby GT, Immediately I had to have it, the look just fits this car, there might be better out there with more customization, but if you have my vision, for this style of mustang, retro is the way to go, so the Hurst it was............I looked around and they were selling for upward of 289 dollars, (that was high) so I met a guy online on another forum, that did not like his, installed it and drove if for 300 miles. He said He'd sell it to me for 150 dollars, and he gave his word that it was complete and in brand new like condition. I took a chance on this guy and he did not disappoint, it even came in the original packaging. Score me...........So 150 Dollars 0 shipping he paid it, and I had the shifter, and it had all the parts no real wear on it save for you could tell it was on a car. To this day it works flawlessly. And still looks the best. This was semi tedious as I do not have a lift, but you need to in from the top, unless you drop the Drive shaft. It is kind of like a puzzle but it is more difficult to get the old one out than it is to get the new one in. Worth the time and effort and not very hard to do......Get Ramps and get it up off the ground as high as you can......took me an hour and a half to do.

Budget Minded ways to make your car say Hey I'm Bad @$$ HPIM2118

Next was not a bargain at first paid full price until I had trouble and Brenspeed hooked me up.........Yup I bought a C&L Racer intake, with the SCT programmer, and Brent's three tunes the 93, 91, and 89. But when I got it the 93 was messed up and that night Brent emailed me the new version personally walked me through putting it in the programmer and bang I was on the way......so 595.00 Dollars and I got an intake and tuner, and great service for life from a little company in Indiana. Go Brenspeed!!! This mod was very easy to install, took me 25 minutes, and then a lil longer due to the tune issue. But again that was fixed fast.

Budget Minded ways to make your car say Hey I'm Bad @$$ HPIM2098

Next story is the grille story, it was spring time now, and my father, brother, and I always try to go to at least one Carlisle a year, this year we chose the spring, as my dad just bought a C4 Vert Vette. So parts shopping we go, I wanted the "Eleanor" Grille as in my original vision the GT 350 I was basing this car off had that style fogs on her. At this time they were running around 200 bucks, and I found plenty for 199.99. But I wanted a deal, again I'm trying to save here, so I come across this guy that has one, he wants 199.99 for it. After 30 minutes of talking to this guy about all kinds of things from Politics, cars, women, to the crowd that year at the swap meet, and showing him a pic of my car and the story I've told you so far, I walked away with that Grille for 165, and a friend I talk to every year I go to the show. Now the grille is about that price normally, but when I was looking it was not, so 165 more dollars and a new grille here is where we are now. This mod was a little tedious as the instructions were less than brilliant, and it involves playing around with your factory painted front bumper, that you DO NOT want to mar with scratches, I used a Fat Standard Screwdriver double wrapped in micro fiber cloth and taped in place with Electrical tape, so not to scratch the pain as you need to push the plastic bumper slots off the stock grille tabs, once it is out, you also NEED to use the screws that were given with the kit, as if you do not the stock ones are TOO long and will break through the other side, I learned the hard way, I used Black Sharpie to color the white that the plastic turned as it was stretched by the longer stock screws. I learned to follow the instructions even though they were not clear, and check and double check all things first and be patient. This mod took 2 hours to complete.

Budget Minded ways to make your car say Hey I'm Bad @$$ HPIM2074

vack
MACH 1
MACH 1

Number of posts : 229
Registration date : 2008-02-18

Back to top Go down

Budget Minded ways to make your car say Hey I'm Bad @$$ Empty Re: Budget Minded ways to make your car say Hey I'm Bad @$$

Post by vack Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:13 am

So now it was spring and I wanted some performance mods, I researched gears for along time, and I chose Roush 3.73's and an install kit from stage3motorsports out of Arizona. Paid 110 for the gears, 70 for the kit w/bearings, and 300 for the install from the garage down the street. He does all that type of work on my cars, he is a good guy, and I trust him. So when the kit came in there were no shims in it.........I was like Damn......but I picked up a set at the ford dealer as they are not costly, and I called up Stage3 and told them about the missing shims, again I was nice and polite, and chatted a bit about some mustang stuff, and how I appreciated the free shipping and yadda yadda yadda, well he credited my account and sent me a free Shortie Antenna. So I got new gears, and got rid of that crappy antenna they give you from ford. This install took 2 days, I dropped the car off the first day, and they didn't get to it that day, but they stayed late the second day and finished the job and also said it would be free for the 500 mile check and refluid fill. Gears are a big investment, and one that should not be taken lightly. I sat on this a while as I was afraid to tear let the garage to this, but in the end it worked out and the increase is noticeable immediately, although you should always break them in properly, but I could now pull in 5th gear, exponentially better than before with the 3.31's

Next was the Drive shaft...........I read about these for months now, but man I could not find a decent price on one, they were going for 700 + for an aluminum one, and that carbon fiber shaft, no way for 1300 bucks. That is when I met up with Ron from Spyder Shaft. What a nice guy. I got mine for 525.00 and installed for nothing at the garage down the street when they were putting in the new fluid and checking my 3.73's after 500 miles or so (425 to be honest =P). This mod did make an impact I lost .2 tenths on average at the track, and she spooled up noticeably faster.

The next mod was again a great bargain by meeting someone online through a forum. This guy had Steeda UDP's for sale, for 150.00 I called him up we had some dialog, and we agreed on 120.00 so I was happy with that, they were quite easy to install, and when I called him up, he offered me a set of the CMCV delete plates for 75 also from steeda. I jumped on them, and he was very nice and actually helped me with the install. As it is a bit overwhelming to be tearing down the top part of the engine to put these things in. So 190 more Bucks and I have UDP's and Delete plates. Not sure I noticed any improvements in the Assdyno, but my times at the track did drop by .1 roughly sometimes more, sometimes less. This install took me a day to complete total between them both, the UDP, are incredibly easy to do, just get a three arm puller from auto zone 30 bucks, and an 18mm socket 1/2 drive. The hardest part was getting the stock one off, but putting the new one on was a breeze just follow the instructions for installation. With the Delete plates, I had to get a new tune from Brent @ Brenspeed, and that was 75 bucks, but worked quite well.....also a tech tip make sure ALL wires are reconnected I missed ONE connector under the Intake Tube, and the TUNE would not load took me a lil while till I figured it out. The UDP's require no new tune however the one Bolt on the alternator needs to replaced with the shorter version as it hits the new Water pump pulley. Again about a day, but that was two separate installs. Oh yeah I painted mine Ford Blue to match my color scheme.
Budget Minded ways to make your car say Hey I'm Bad @$$ HPIM2120

Next was the valve covers, I wanted them Blue, and I wasn't paying 300 bucks for the powder coated ones. Went to my friend at the body shop showed him what I wanted to do and he said tell ya what 50 bucks, and three days later, and 50 dollars, two valve covers off blasted, triple coated with triple clear. So I ordered two stickers from CJ Pony parts for like 4 dollars a piece, and I'm done. Tech Tip, when you take them off make sure you clean the area good and be careful not to drop any junk down in on the cams. Also keep the gaskets do not throw them out as they are reusable and DL the Torque spec for the covers as well. You will need a little bit of the Black Permatex for the nubs on the block/gasket. But this is a very cheap mod you can even do it yourself, for cheaper. Also keep in mind that it helps to have an extra hand to remove and reinstall them, and WASH them VERY VERY well when you get them back especially if they were blasted before paint. Take off time 20 minutes a side being very careful, install time about the same being more careful as they were painted now ;p

Budget Minded ways to make your car say Hey I'm Bad @$$ HPIM2091
Budget Minded ways to make your car say Hey I'm Bad @$$ HPIM2089

Next was Axle Back Exhaust........Found a guy in reading who his girlfriend bought him a set of SLP LM's for his mustang, bad for him as he had them on already, good for me as he sold them to me for 250.00. 1 hour to install, and I love them.
Budget Minded ways to make your car say Hey I'm Bad @$$ HPIM2379

Again in the engine bay, I was looking for some S/S braided hoses, I found out to custom make them with the connectors if very expensive so I went to Carlisle in the fall and found, 2 kits of the sleeves that you can do them yourself, and I paid 10 bucks per set, Tech Tip here, if you do this you make have to pry some of the connectors, wider than normal to get them to fit over the stock connectors but if you do it right it looks good and is cost effective. Also use Electrical tape so that the S/S braided sleeve so it doesn't Fray. Also at this time I ran to Laurel Mountain Mustang near me, they had a Strut Tower Brace, looks exactly like the Ford Racing one, save that it is not ford racing I think BMR makes it, I paid 89.00 for it. Install is very basic, and easy. Again find some torque specs if ya can. Not sure I noticed anything, but it looks good. Also 0 performance gains from the Hoses, just looks good as well. Time total for both, 4 hours, 99% of that playing with the hoses.

Budget Minded ways to make your car say Hey I'm Bad @$$ HPIM2123

The next thing I got was the CHE LCA's, I chose them because of good reviews and low cost, not to mention they are engineered and made right here in PA........Oh yeah they come in Blue ;p I paid 185.00 Free shipping. Installation was easy, just get it up as high as you can and make sure you have good jack stands, follow the easy instructions and again torque to spec, yes you can use the original hardware. Don't forget to grease the bushings, and the hardest part of it all was the taking on and putting back on the E-Brake cable. They did reduce my Wheel Hop some, and lowered my 60' times by .2 roughly. I think I'll do an Upper Control Arm this year, and adjustable one to change my pinion angle. As I'd like to lower down the road. Installation took 2.5 hours.

Budget Minded ways to make your car say Hey I'm Bad @$$ HPIM2126

Headers were next, I wanted some HP gains, but didn't want to spend 1300 on LT's and another 600 to install them. So I researched a bit, found another PA company in PYPES, with a good rep, and bought the PYPES Stainless Shorties, with the Off Road X pipe. Well ladies and gents this was the longest hardest mod I have done to date. WOW 12 hours on my back, Starter dropped, Engine mounts dropped, Tranny mount all but dropped, Engine yanked way up, heck until the Intake manifold was nearly hitting the firewall, used an engine lift and strap around the crank pulley, and lastly that PITA Streering shaft. So I finally got all of this on......make sure it is straight by the way and tight. Fired it up and, well, if you like your neighbors, and or don't want to draw TOO MUCH attention to yourself. DO NOT use an Off Road Pipe with SLP Loudmouths. Yeah she sounded wicked at WOT, and meaner than a junkyard dog, but it was way too loud. So the garage down the street again put in some High flow cats, and it's perfect now. Louder than before, better sound, and I'm happy with it. So paid 400 for the headers and X another 200 for the Cats install. So 600 bucks and 12 hours of my life on my back.....hell of an ab workout as they hurt for a week afterwards. My father said I was nuts the whole time I was working on it, but I saved a lot of money for a little REAR ache.

Budget Minded ways to make your car say Hey I'm Bad @$$ Th_SLP

I stumbled upon an open box deal from the ford dealer for Ford Racing (actually 3d Carbon) 1/4 window covers. Never installed but found out about them by talking about cars with a guy that ran the parts department at the Ford Dealer. 160.00 I paid retail 225.00. Got them painted by that body shop again for 50 bucks. He installed them for another 25.

Budget Minded ways to make your car say Hey I'm Bad @$$ HPIM2117

So lastly, I rode my motorcycle for the last time this summer, since we were expecting our first child and my career is risky enough, compiled with I had quite a few close calls this year on the bike, I sold it. Took some of the money and but the one thing I had to have once I seen them. Yep Cragar S/S wheels on a Mustang. Went staggered, 20x10 in the rear, 20x9 up front. Went with Nitto Tires all the way around as well. These were pricey set plus tires 1800.00. That includes the new TPMS Bands. Took the tires to a garage and got them mounted and balanced, and they installed the new bands for the TPMS Monitors.

I love them; they are a perfect fit for my build. There are a metric ton of cool wheels for this car. But for me nothing says American muscle like Cragars. They are way easy to clean too, as they are very easy to access as they are big.

Budget Minded ways to make your car say Hey I'm Bad @$$ HPIM2392

So here we are today, this is where I'm at that is my story, I hope you enjoyed it, and I hope if you are considering doing any of this stuff, and don't be afraid to, as I'm no Mechanic, sure I can turn a wrench, but I learned a lot of this myself by trial and error and by great forums like this one. Where a complete stranger can hook you up with something you want at the price you want to pay or just excellent experience and how to's. So to all you stang bangers out there good luck and I'll update all of this as time allows, and new mods etc.

Also I'm taking Suggestions, (Other than lowering, I will do that soon enough, need to get money for other components first so I do it right) on new mods interior or exterior, and I hope this new thread livens up this side of the forums a lil bit, as you can tell a story, and be techy as well. Ok all Happy Thanksgiving, I'm out for now.

vack
MACH 1
MACH 1

Back to top Go down

Budget Minded ways to make your car say Hey I'm Bad @$$ Empty Re: Budget Minded ways to make your car say Hey I'm Bad @$$

Post by Big-B Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:40 am

LOL that was quite a mouthful! Welcome to the forum, your car is very nice!! I ride a bike as well, 2002 1100 Sabre. What do you ride? I just put mine up for the winter too and I can't wait for spring to get back on it.

Sorry, it's late and I'm tired, I didn't read your entire post. Have to save that for another time. Thanks for the detailed post though and once again welcome.

Side note, a few of us race at Mason Dixon, not sure how far you are from there but maybe we'll see ya there in the spring.
Big-B
Big-B
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 6053
Registration date : 2007-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Boss281 Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:27 am

Neat story, and glad to see you do a lot of this yourself. As Bernie said above, a lot of us race here in MD at Mason Dixon Dragway, Cecil County Dragway, Capitol (rarely) or Maryland International Raceway, depending on the event. Lots of us are into street cars that you can pull onto the track, not dedicated race cars.

Welcome, and looking forward to seeing you and your car sometime soon.

John
Boss281
Boss281
Geek Stangs
Geek Stangs

Number of posts : 1719
Registration date : 2007-12-06

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2059455

Back to top Go down

Post by Silverstang Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:48 am

Great write up Vack. I remember you from the cotoctin mountain cruise. You had the bad knee. We talked at one of the stops. oh BTW I ordered the cragers from AM can't wait for the spring to put them on.

One day I plan to take my car to the track so you race guys keep posting tips and pointer I am listening Smile
Silverstang
Silverstang
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Number of posts : 1128
Registration date : 2008-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Croft Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:38 pm

Thanks for the post, Vack!! it's great to hear everyone's story on how, why, when, and where they bought their cars......and then to continue to put their own kinks and quirks to show off personalities!! everyones is different and unique. and gives others the chance to get ideas!!

I've had mine since 2007 and only have done a little here and there due to other expensive hobbies and of course the budget. This is my first mustang as an owner and enthusiast, so i am still learning the tricks to the trade. growing up i always dreamed of having one someday, and would try to take advantage of helping my dad out in the garage when i could, helping him work on his trucks or thunderbird.

i haven't taken her to the track yet. and honestly, a little scared too. never dragged before so i would be nervous as hell. but, from what i hear, it can be very addicting.

thanks again for the intro......hope to see you around more often!!! and good luck with your ACL recovery.....been there and done that myself, so if you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact me!!

Laura
Croft
Croft
Cruise Director
Cruise Director

Number of posts : 4206
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by zporta Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:42 pm

this is just way 2 much 2 read...
zporta
zporta
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 4696
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by kooldawg6 Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:21 pm

Awesome writeup! I started with the 0% deal back in Aug '06 as well, but settled for the auto since I wanted the Vista Blue with Dark Charcoal leather! I also can't believe the transformation mine has take with aftermarket parts! I've done all my own installs except for the original set of mufflers (which two weeks into ownership had no idea they were bolt on and not weld in like the previous years-I've since swapped them out myself for MAC), the 4.10 gears and the O/R H pipe (got a $80 quote which was not worth my time to mess with on my back and limited tools).
Granted, most all "hot rodding" is a sickness, but you sure have come to the right place to join others with the same sickness!!!!!! Glad you're here and enjoy your time with us!!!!!
I'm another one of those who have a "street car" that goes to the drag strip!
kooldawg6
kooldawg6
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 4896
Registration date : 2007-12-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Boss281 Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:29 pm

07caligtstang wrote:
i haven't taken her to the track yet. and honestly, a little scared too. never dragged before so i would be nervous as hell. but, from what i hear, it can be very addicting.

You have no idea HOW addicting--I've raced off and on for nearly 30 years! Try to make the GOOTC event next spring. At the very least you and other forum members can do the car show, and the track vets can show you folks who want to give it a shot how to set up for the first time and make a run down the track. If you have any need for speed, this will scratch that itch.

John
Boss281
Boss281
Geek Stangs
Geek Stangs

Number of posts : 1719
Registration date : 2007-12-06

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2059455

Back to top Go down

Post by ndnboy Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:34 pm

Great write-up, thanks for the detail and pics, liked the way you get to see the transformation, hope to seeya out again soon...
ndnboy
ndnboy
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Number of posts : 4503
Registration date : 2007-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by vack Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:29 pm

The track is definately addicting, and it puts a time slip in your hand to prove that the money you just spent was worth it. For example and a littel tip I suppose to those new to the Mustang Mods.....the CAI and Tune. Stock at elevation of about 1250' and on the stock 18" with the BF's that came on the car I ran a 14.1 ET. I was pretty set back im my mind, but then again I loved it soo much that I said lets see how far we can go. With just the CAI and 93 Octane tune and lowering my tire pressure in the rear to 22lbs and raising in the front to 45lbs I ran a 13.74. And so the sickness starts. Right now with the 3.73's the Aluminum DS, the LCA's, Headers, X pipe, UDP's Delete plates, and I bought 17 wheels for the rear with some M/T Drags for track only, I've done a best of 13.05 ET.

Now keep in mind I don't launch it like I have unlimited rear ends at home or bring spare axles, so as is now and at my elevation I may be able to run in the high 12's now. But I am really considering coming down to one of your tracks this year, as I know you are much closer to sea level, and I know a few guys in Florida that have the same mods as I do and run well into the 12's down there. So I'm eager to see how much better it will be down there. I'll be sure to take a look and see when the weather clears about getting down there and running some traps with you all.

Happy Black Friday ;p

Oh yeah new sig pic too, the things ya do when ya can't do anything else lol

vack
MACH 1
MACH 1

Back to top Go down

Post by vack Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:33 pm

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Sig Pic

vack
MACH 1
MACH 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Croft Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:59 pm

SICK sig pic Vack....i love it!!!
Croft
Croft
Cruise Director
Cruise Director

Number of posts : 4206
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by zporta Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:19 pm

that sig is sick lookin!
zporta
zporta
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 4696
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by kooldawg6 Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:51 am

07caligtstang wrote:SICK sig pic Vack...

Say that three times fast!!!!! Laughing
kooldawg6
kooldawg6
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 4896
Registration date : 2007-12-19

Back to top Go down

Post by kooldawg6 Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:56 am

Boss281 wrote:
07caligtstang wrote:

You have no idea HOW addicting--
John

I was so discouraged last time out, in Sept, not hitting the 12s! 13.022 TWICE!!!!! Despite that, I still had no problem getting back up to the line to blast her down the track again and again!!!!! The first four passes of the day started against John which also was a blast despite losing each time!
Here is one of our passes!!!!! Ended up being .2 off of both our bests of the day!