Maryland Patriot Stangs & Fords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4.0 exhaust

3 posters

Go down

4.0 exhaust Empty 4.0 exhaust

Post by optras Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:01 am

I had a link for this in the V6 forum, but I figured I'd put it here. This is my current setup, forgive the popping at the beginning.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V87UlGGBueA
optras
optras
GT
GT

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2007-12-10

Back to top Go down

4.0 exhaust Empty Re: 4.0 exhaust

Post by ndnboy Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:42 am

sweet sound Jeff : )
ndnboy
ndnboy
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Number of posts : 4503
Registration date : 2007-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Big-B Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:45 am

NO offence, it still sounds like a v-6. Sorry, I just can't get used to the sound. The main thing is, as long as you like it that's all that really matters. Ppl build their cars to suit their own tastes, not others.

Beautiful car though!!!
Big-B
Big-B
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 6053
Registration date : 2007-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by optras Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:31 am

PRO50SC wrote:NO offence, it still sounds like a v-6. Sorry, I just can't get used to the sound. The main thing is, as long as you like it that's all that really matters. Ppl build their cars to suit their own tastes, not others.

Beautiful car though!!!

I know it's a V6, it's much bassier in person and I really am hard to please. Like I said, I'm not trying to make it a V8, I don't have any badges or decals anywhere on it at all V6 or otherwise. I haven't put any GT valences on it or anything either, although a lot of people that put on duals do. It sounds much better in person, this was my first attempt at a video and I really should've used something with a better mic (if you listen to it at about 0:30 on the vid, that's normally what it sounds like up into the higher RPMs. I really needed to warm it up first). I have nothing but the utmost respect for 8's and I'll definitely have one eventually. But honestly, I'd get in trouble with one at my age. Thanks for being cool about it though, a lot of GT guys take it personally with dual exhaust. Anyway, I'm just thankful I'm not the guy I saw the other day in an S197 V6 with what looked and sounded like a single boomtube exhaust Mad not appealing AT ALL. Right back at you, foxes pack some heat for sure. I'm honestly much more afraid of seeing those on the street than the SN95's. What's your 1/4 mile in it?
optras
optras
GT
GT

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2007-12-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Big-B Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:48 pm

I think the placement of the camera also has an affect on the sound quality. I have noticed from other vids that if you're too close to the car, it tends to distort the sound. Most cars do sound better in person.

As for my pile, it's a12.0 car w/ the mile per hour that boasts mid to low 11's, (117.97mph) I just haven't figured out how to accomplish that feat! Mad

Here's my slip from Mason Dixon last year.

4.0 exhaust 120911797

The vid
Big-B
Big-B
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 6053
Registration date : 2007-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content