Maryland Patriot Stangs & Fords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stolen Camera Gear in Southern Maryland

+3
Big-B
ndnboy
BCP
7 posters

Go down

Stolen Camera Gear in Southern Maryland Empty Stolen Camera Gear in Southern Maryland

Post by BCP Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:35 pm

Please be on the lookout for the listed Nikon camera gear, stolen between 10:00pm 01/17/09 and 1am 01/18/09 from a white GMC Sierra pickup parked in the front row of HULA's BUNGALOW (23900 North Patuxent Beach Rd. California ,Md. 20619) in St Mary's County.

Missing is my Tamrac Adventure 75 backpack (model 5375), black and grayish blue in color containing;

1 Nikon D300 DSLR Camera Body w/strap
1 Nikon AF-S DX 17-55mm F/2.8G IF-ED Lens
1 Nikon AF-S VR 70-200mm F/2.8G IF-ED Lens
1 Nikon AF 50mm F/1.8D Lens
1 Nikon SB-600 AF Speedlight iTTL Shoe Mount Flash
1 Nikon BR-2a reversing ring
1 Nikon BR-3 Adaptor Ring
2 Nikon EN-EL3e batteries
1 Nikon MH-18a battery charger
1 Nikon AS-19 Speedlight stand/tripod mount
1 Nikon SJ-1 Color Filter Set
3 SanDisk Extreme III 16GB Compact Flash memory cards
1 Lexar Professional UDMA 8GB Compact Flash memory card
1 Sto-Fen OM-600 Omni Bounce Flash Diffuser
1 Giottos MH-657 Quick Release Tripod Plate
1 YongNuo Digital YM-128 Wireless Shutter Release
Various Screw-in Filters (52mm and 77mm close-up sets, 77mm Hoya Polarizers, 77mm Split Neutral Density Grad, 77mm Hoya Neutral Density)
Various Nikon lens caps, AA batteries, Craftsman Slot Screwdriver (short), Hex Wrench set (blue in color)
Misc. optical cleaning supplies (micro fiber towel, lens cloth, optical cleaning solutions, blower, brushes, lens pen, etc)

An Ipod and Oakley sunglasses that were not in the bag were also stolen.

Any information leading to the return of my bag and its contents will be rewarded.

The management and security helped check car interiors of other cars in the parking lot, and call the St Mary's Co SO, but nothing was recovered. :swear: :swear: :swear:

Last edited by BCP on Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Updated info)
BCP
BCP
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 3256
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Back to top Go down

Stolen Camera Gear in Southern Maryland Empty Re: Stolen Camera Gear in Southern Maryland

Post by ndnboy Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:00 pm

GL getting the gear back, that sucks Sad
ndnboy
ndnboy
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Number of posts : 4503
Registration date : 2007-12-04

Back to top Go down

Stolen Camera Gear in Southern Maryland Empty Re: Stolen Camera Gear in Southern Maryland

Post by Big-B Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:01 am

Brian, any surrounding buildings close by w/ cameras mounted outside?
Big-B
Big-B
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 6053
Registration date : 2007-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by BCP Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:43 pm

Nope. The building we were in, and parked by has signs about cameras, but the owner wasnt very willing to let me view the footage, it there even is any.
BCP
BCP
Super Charger
Super Charger

Back to top Go down

Post by kooldawg6 Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:19 pm

Damn! Reading that post made me sick to my stomach! Hope you get some/all of it back? Will insurance cover anything if it's not found?
kooldawg6
kooldawg6
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 4896
Registration date : 2007-12-19

Back to top Go down

Post by BCP Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:58 pm

kooldawg6 wrote:Damn! Reading that post made me sick to my stomach! Hope you get some/all of it back? Will insurance cover anything if it's not found?

Trust me, ive been sick to my stomach since i saw my bag was gone.......

Thanks, I hope so too :/

Im heading up to see my insurance agent tomorrow, to see if my homeowners policy will cover it. The vehicle owner filed a claim with his insurance, but everyone is telling me that his auto insurance wont cover it at all. I went to the Sheriff's office today to drop off a detailed inventory of everything I could think of that was in the bag, along with serial numbers, and also dropped the same info off at the local pawn shops; still a few pawn shops I need to get too, but they are further away and i wasnt trying to travel too far today. Keeping an eye on Craigslist, ebay, local classifieds as well...just in case.

I know i will have extra insurance on it all next time, although I really hope i dont have to endure this again.
BCP
BCP
Super Charger
Super Charger

Back to top Go down

Post by Croft Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:22 pm

wow...i'm sorry to hear that....hopefully everything works out! Good luck
Croft
Croft
Cruise Director
Cruise Director

Number of posts : 4206
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominican7 Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:49 pm

BCP wrote:Nope. The building we were in, and parked by has signs about cameras, but the owner wasnt very willing to let me view the footage, it there even is any.

Who ever took the Larceny From Auto report should have checked the sorrounding businesses to see if any cameras caught it. If the guy was not cooperative with letting you see the footage on his security system then he would become my main suspect. Suspect
Dominican7
Dominican7
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 2023
Registration date : 2008-12-22

Back to top Go down

Post by TT_05_Stang Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:01 pm

If you find out who... We can give them a blanket party, or a phonebook masage Smile
TT_05_Stang
TT_05_Stang
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 5329
Registration date : 2007-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominican7 Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:03 pm

I can call him and tell him to do his JOB if you need me to : :swear: . I hate Officers who take short cuts or half ass a case. :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear:
Dominican7
Dominican7
Super Charger
Super Charger

Back to top Go down

Post by BCP Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:54 am

07caligtstang wrote:wow...i'm sorry to hear that....hopefully everything works out! Good luck
Thank you!

Dominican7 wrote:Who ever took the Larceny From Auto report should have checked the sorrounding businesses to see if any cameras caught it. If the guy was not cooperative with letting you see the footage on his security system then he would become my main suspect. Suspect
Problem is, there are no surrounding businesses.

TT_05_Stang wrote:If you find out who... We can give them a blanket party, or a phonebook masage Smile
Thats pretty mild compared to what i was thinking Stolen Camera Gear in Southern Maryland 1643

Dominican7 wrote:I can call him and tell him to do his JOB if you need me to : :swear: . I hate Officers who take short cuts or half ass a case. :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear:
lol.... i doubt you'd be able to reach him as Ive called twice, once leaving info, the second time asking him to please call me back so i can provide a more accurate desription of items in the bag. Still havent heard back from him; I ended up going to the Sheriff's office yesterday, and giving the Duty Officer a printed inventory of everything I could think of that was in the bag, along with serial numbers.

Last edited by BCP on Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total
BCP
BCP
Super Charger
Super Charger

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominican7 Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:11 am

Oh, I can get through...."I'm a Cop you Idiot!!!", as Arnold put it...No Offense to you I just love that quote. :YMCA:
Dominican7
Dominican7
Super Charger
Super Charger

Back to top Go down

Post by BCP Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:32 am

Dominican7 wrote:Oh, I can get through...."I'm a Cop you Idiot!!!", as Arnold put it...No Offense to you I just love that quote. :YMCA:

I figured that, but thanks for the clarification Stolen Camera Gear in Southern Maryland 878392
BCP
BCP
Super Charger
Super Charger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down