Maryland Patriot Stangs & Fords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

braided lines and hoses

3 posters

Go down

braided lines and hoses Empty braided lines and hoses

Post by blownsmoke Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:17 pm

so for the last 2 summers i've been workin on power and suspension.so this summer its all bout looks(besides the clutch,alum driveshaft and tires).i've got my roush seats sittin in my basement (anyone know a good upolstery guy) and i wanna clean up the engine bay.i'm wonderin if any of you peps know if these braided lines and hoses come in a complete kit for the s197's.the only thing i've seen out there are the hoses in different colors. like blue, yellow and red.the other option i've found is at summit and there the ss lines come in like 25 ft. rolls.are these sleeves that go over the existing or what?i would like to do all my plumbin (to and from rad, to and from heat exchanger) and electrical in ss.i think all the electric would have to be some kinda slip-on....right?thanks for the help
blownsmoke
blownsmoke
GT
GT

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2009-01-01

Back to top Go down

braided lines and hoses Empty Re: braided lines and hoses

Post by SVT_N8 Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:22 pm

i've been wanting to do this myself for a while now. The electrical would need to be some sort of wire loom. I've talke to a few people who replace the Rad hoses with replacement houses in braided stainless that they picked up at Pepboys. I've looked around and i cant find a an S197 specefic kit.
SVT_N8
SVT_N8
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 4102
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by 05RedDevil Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:08 pm

I redid my electrical wire in red wire conduit. I'm holding off on the coolant hoses until a kit does surface. It's not in the picture but I have begun changing my fluid fill caps to chrome. Just to give you something else to think about.
braided lines and hoses Flewbyu01
05RedDevil
05RedDevil
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Number of posts : 1390
Registration date : 2008-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post by blownsmoke Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:46 pm

they got a hose kit out in red for 05&06
http://www.mrbodykit.com/accessories/05mustang.htm
that looks pretty clean nice job.when i had the frpp s/c installed i had a set of frpp crome valve covers put on.so i wanna keep the same theme.i almost went with the blue ones.could have made that work with ur idea 05reddevil.dude what happened 2 the portly pink chic?
blownsmoke
blownsmoke
GT
GT

Back to top Go down

Post by 05RedDevil Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:49 pm

That wasn't me. The admin changed it "for" me as they made fun that my car looked pink in one pic.

I've seen those colored coolant hoses but I thought you were looking for braided steel
05RedDevil
05RedDevil
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Back to top Go down

Post by blownsmoke Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:55 pm

ya i am.i was just tryin to let you know where i saw em at.on another topic have you loked 4 or have you seen a strut tower brace that will fit over a s/c 4.6 with a stock hood?
is that a series 5 saleen?
blownsmoke
blownsmoke
GT
GT

Back to top Go down

Post by 05RedDevil Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:49 am

The STB depends on which s/c you have. Most centrifugal ones are front mounted and any brace will fit. The KB, Saleen, and Roush replace the intake manifold and block a brace from being installed. On the upside, a STB is the very last piece required to reinforce stability. Sway bars are much more imporant.
I have the Saleen Series VI
05RedDevil
05RedDevil
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down