Maryland Patriot Stangs & Fords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seeking paint shop recommendations

5 posters

Go down

Seeking paint shop recommendations Empty Seeking paint shop recommendations

Post by md89stang Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:55 pm

Hi, all!
It's about time for my 89 Hatchbqck to get a new paintjob. I would rather not go to MAACO or Earl Scheib, but I don't have the money to spend on a custom paint job, either. Currently the stang is factory white (plus primer). IF any of you know a reputable shop that will do a good job at a reasonable price, please post the info here.

Thanks!

md89stang
RUSTY MUSTANG
RUSTY MUSTANG

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Seeking paint shop recommendations Empty Re: Seeking paint shop recommendations

Post by Low 11s Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:39 am

It is all relevant to the passion you have for your car.Remember you get what you pay for. I'm having a body kit, hood, fenders, all body panels touched up for dings and dents along with the entire car repainted and it'll be around 10 to 12k depending on the prep work for the body kit.
Low 11s
Low 11s
MACH 1
MACH 1

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2009-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Blue Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:46 am

Low 11s wrote:It is all relevant to the passion you have for your car.Remember you get what you pay for. I'm having a body kit, hood, fenders, all body panels touched up for dings and dents along with the entire car repainted and it'll be around 10 to 12k depending on the prep work for the body kit.
I know what you mean, but, not everyone has 10 K at there disposal, boy what I could do my Stang with that kind of money, but thats not likely to happen, I hope you can find a good deal, I wish I could help, but I don't know any one.
However you could call this guy, it's Bill, his shop is in Baltimore, and he is a small shop, but he is real good, I don't think he will rape you, but he also may not be in your price range, but it doesn't hurt to check.
Bills Metal Works 410-254-7528, you can tell him your from the same Mustang club as me, but I don't know that that will get you a break or not, Old Yeller has his 65 in there getting it painted, and Bill is going to do an insurance job for me on Big Blue.
Well good luck.
Big Blue
Big Blue
Founder
Founder

Number of posts : 4368
Registration date : 2007-09-19

http://www.mdpatriotstangs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by md89stang Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:51 pm

Thanks Blue - I'll give him a call when I get her all registeres and everything...

md89stang
RUSTY MUSTANG
RUSTY MUSTANG

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Seeking paint shop recommendations Empty Macco in Govans! Awesome work Ask for Taso

Post by Mrs Bzlee Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:22 pm

I just had a 71 Monte Carlo painted at MACCO in Govans. They did an incredible job. They do alot of old cars.

I had a polyenamel with clear coat. They did some minor rust repair and the car looks like black glass. I highly recommend them.

Ask for Taso.

Stacey
Mrs Bzlee
Mrs Bzlee
GT
GT

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2009-02-20

http://www.mandraracing.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Boss281 Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:07 pm

Roy's Body Shop in Eldersburg, MD (Carroll County). Local, family run shop has a good rep--I don't have any experience other than a fox body hood, and I'm going to take my S197 hood there for painting one of these days. For details, LXStangFiveOh works there and hangs out on www.metroareamustangsandfords.com .

Roy's:

http://www.roysbodyshopinc.com/index.php .

John
Boss281
Boss281
Geek Stangs
Geek Stangs

Number of posts : 1719
Registration date : 2007-12-06

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2059455

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content