Maryland Patriot Stangs & Fords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone not doing anything today? Exhaust help needed...

4 posters

Go down

Anyone not doing anything today? Exhaust help needed... Empty Anyone not doing anything today? Exhaust help needed...

Post by BlakJak87 Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:23 am

I put in an off-road H pipe yesterday and thought I escaped without an exhaust leak...turns out, I have quite a leak coming from the manifold area. My parents decided to close off the garage for the mother-of-all-yard-sales, and now I have nowhere to work as all the streets near me are not flat at all. Is there anyone not busy today with some exhaust experience who could help me out? I'm looking to meet up as opposed to help over the forums. I have my own jack/stands/tools, but I'm looking for a second pair of hands and eyes to help kill this leak. A case of beer is in it for you! Thanks!
BlakJak87
BlakJak87
BOSS
BOSS

Number of posts : 501
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Anyone not doing anything today? Exhaust help needed... Empty Re: Anyone not doing anything today? Exhaust help needed...

Post by SVT_N8 Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:42 pm

i had the same leak with my catted X and its a beeyotch to track down. i think i still may have a tiny leak. I'd be glad to help out but i think i probably live the farthest away from you than anyone, well except John. good luck dude
SVT_N8
SVT_N8
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 4102
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Back to top Go down

Anyone not doing anything today? Exhaust help needed... Empty Re: Anyone not doing anything today? Exhaust help needed...

Post by orangelx91 Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:43 pm

bring it over. Ill help out.
orangelx91
orangelx91
MACH 1
MACH 1

Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2009-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakJak87 Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:25 pm

Thanks fellas. I ended up finding a place to work, put some sealing inserts in. They helped, but I think I'm still leaking from one or more connections. I tightened everything so much... I'm going to a dealer and/or an exhaust shop tomorrow to get it sealed and maybe 2 of the connections welded together.
BlakJak87
BlakJak87
BOSS
BOSS

Back to top Go down

Post by Croft Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:50 pm

how does it sound with the SLPs Andrew?
Croft
Croft
Cruise Director
Cruise Director

Number of posts : 4206
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakJak87 Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:47 pm

Haha the SLP's had to go. With the exception of the exhaust leak, the o/r H and LM's sounds AWFUL.

It was so unbelievably loud...loud like thunder from 50 feet away...except thunder sounds cool. The LM's did not. Did I turn heads from the opposing lane on the freeway? Yes. Did I sound good doing it? Nope.

The stockers are on until I can get some Stingers.

After another few hours under the car today, I still have a mother effing leak somewhere. Going to have to bite the bullet and take it to a dealership near Sea Isle tomorrow...or a Midas or something.
BlakJak87
BlakJak87
BOSS
BOSS

Back to top Go down

Post by Croft Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:49 pm

HAHa, that's what I figured.
Croft
Croft
Cruise Director
Cruise Director

Number of posts : 4206
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down