Maryland Patriot Stangs & Fords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CHIN SPOILER TIPS

+2
TT_05_Stang
ThunderSteed
6 posters

Go down

CHIN SPOILER TIPS Empty CHIN SPOILER TIPS

Post by ThunderSteed Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:09 am

I finally ordered and received my chin spoiler. Should be nice this wkd, any tips on install?
ThunderSteed
ThunderSteed
Poobah Light {Un Willing Vice Prez}

Number of posts : 1149
Registration date : 2008-01-02

Back to top Go down

CHIN SPOILER TIPS Empty Re: CHIN SPOILER TIPS

Post by TT_05_Stang Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:45 am

Pure Alcohol swaps, without any additives. Very clean surface. Of drilling is needed tape both sides. TAKE YOUR TIME and line it up then 3m it Smile

Will
TT_05_Stang
TT_05_Stang
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 5329
Registration date : 2007-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by prodrifterx Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:30 pm

PAULSO4GT wrote:I finally ordered and received my chin spoiler. Should be nice this wkd, any tips on install?

let me know if you need a hand, i should be around saturday.
prodrifterx
prodrifterx
COBRA
COBRA

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by slayerofall Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:18 pm

Don't use the cheap plastic clips they give you to install, upgrade to metal screws
slayerofall
slayerofall
MACH 1
MACH 1

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2007-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post by prodrifterx Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:35 am

both will work, but make sure the plastic clips are snug. if you use metal screws make sure to get the jclips that they attach with (jclip on buimper, then chin, then metal screw).
prodrifterx
prodrifterx
COBRA
COBRA

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by ThunderSteed Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:19 pm

Thank you guys
ThunderSteed
ThunderSteed

Number of posts : 1149
Registration date : 2008-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by kooldawg6 Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:20 pm

Is it the CDC chin spoiler? If so You reuse the 2 metal screws from each wheel well along with a big plastic clip that goes in an existing hole under the bumper on the front corners and 3M attatches the whole way across the lower grill opening. I know mine, I had to attatch the 3M tape to the spoiler myself. They supply you with alcohol wipes and adhesion promoter. Using sandpaper, you scuff the area of the spoiler that the 3M tape will be. Then clean it with the alcohol wipe. WHen dry, spread the adhesion promoter on the same area you scuffed. Wait at least 2 minutes for it to appear dry then stick your 3M tape all the way across the spoiler. I used 2 pieces, 1 from each side and meet them in the middle. It takes 3-4 days for the promoter to fully cure. Peel back about 2 inches of tape from the 3M tape. make sure they stick out above the spoiler. Then place the spoiler on the bumper(be careful not to aplly too much pressure and sticking the exposed tape)and place the screws back in on each side. They say it is best to remove the wheels for this, but if you turn the wheel full lock, you can do 1 screw on each side. Turn full lock the other way and install the remaining 1 screw on each side. Now make sure the spoiler is located where you want. Push the spots where the tape has been pulled back. now pull the tape out from behind the spoiler and firmly press down. Done cheers
kooldawg6
kooldawg6
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 4896
Registration date : 2007-12-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Charles Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:08 pm

kooldawg6 wrote:Is it the CDC chin spoiler? If so You reuse the 2 metal screws from each wheel well along with a big plastic clip that goes in an existing hole under the bumper on the front corners and 3M attatches the whole way across the lower grill opening. I know mine, I had to attatch the 3M tape to the spoiler myself. They supply you with alcohol wipes and adhesion promoter. Using sandpaper, you scuff the area of the spoiler that the 3M tape will be. Then clean it with the alcohol wipe. WHen dry, spread the adhesion promoter on the same area you scuffed. Wait at least 2 minutes for it to appear dry then stick your 3M tape all the way across the spoiler. I used 2 pieces, 1 from each side and meet them in the middle. It takes 3-4 days for the promoter to fully cure. Peel back about 2 inches of tape from the 3M tape. make sure they stick out above the spoiler. Then place the spoiler on the bumper(be careful not to aplly too much pressure and sticking the exposed tape)and place the screws back in on each side. They say it is best to remove the wheels for this, but if you turn the wheel full lock, you can do 1 screw on each side. Turn full lock the other way and install the remaining 1 screw on each side. Now make sure the spoiler is located where you want. Push the spots where the tape has been pulled back. now pull the tape out from behind the spoiler and firmly press down. Done cheers

Excellent write up. I need to find one for my '96 GT.
Sir Charles
Sir Charles
MACH 1
MACH 1

Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2008-03-22

http://www.MilitaryTuners.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down