Maryland Patriot Stangs & Fords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

V6 Mods

2 posters

Go down

V6 Mods Empty V6 Mods

Post by chrisverneuil Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:26 am

chrisverneuil
chrisverneuil
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Number of posts : 1610
Registration date : 2009-06-11

Back to top Go down

V6 Mods Empty Re: V6 Mods

Post by TT_05_Stang Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:48 am

Nice pieces except for the Alum rods.

full race application its fine but not in a street car. Race applications are going to be pulled down and replace a set of rods for 2 grand every year. Street application its a no no.

Aluminum has cycling/stressing. Aluminum will grow and shrink on each intake and compression stroke. To explain this have you ever taken an aluminum can, and bent back and forth until it split? Now take the same size sheet metal. You will be there a long time bending it back and forth. Aluminum has a very low cycling rate, and failure will happen.

I cant put my finger on the Aluminum verses Iron fatigue chart, but for a given size say 2" thick rod being stressed .00001 the Alumninum rod took 200 million cycles of mechanical stress. The Iron counterpart took over 400 billion.

When an average RPM for an engine is 3500, the Aluminum rod would stretch enough to allow the piston to hit the head in just under 1000 hours of use.

Doesnt the stock 4.0 come with forged rods?
TT_05_Stang
TT_05_Stang
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 5329
Registration date : 2007-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by chrisverneuil Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:26 am

Yes they do have forged rods. I'd go with the high compression forged pistons the stage 3 heads and came and the arp head studs. And I ll look at the 4.3 stoker they have but idk if I'd be good or not. And withe that setup I can throw some good nos at the motor with fear of blowing it up. With this stuff and some other bolt ons and some dyno tuning who knows could be over 300 n/a:)
chrisverneuil
chrisverneuil
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Number of posts : 1610
Registration date : 2009-06-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down