Maryland Patriot Stangs & Fords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can Someone "Help" Me Install Eibach Springs?

+2
chrisverneuil
discodave
6 posters

Go down

Can Someone "Help" Me Install Eibach Springs? Empty Can Someone "Help" Me Install Eibach Springs?

Post by discodave Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:07 am

Since I have very little mechanical experience in this area, I was hoping to find someone who would be willing to help me install my Eibach Pro lowering springs on my 2010 Mustang. I can definitely help, but like I said, my knowledge is limited here.

I got a quote of like 500 bucks (which I'm sure is WAY too high since I already have the springs) from a local shop.

I have a set of 18x8 OEM Wheels that I'd be willing to trade for this (the ones in my signature pic; just took them off last week).

Anybody interested?

Thanks,

Dave
discodave
discodave
MACH 1
MACH 1

Number of posts : 213
Registration date : 2009-12-03

Back to top Go down

Can Someone "Help" Me Install Eibach Springs? Empty Re: Can Someone "Help" Me Install Eibach Springs?

Post by chrisverneuil Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:36 am

I know some ppl are talkin about a install day, But if you really want to I could help with ya. Take it to Fort Mead and use the lifts there. Me and my buddy lowered his infinity M45 there. Took us two days but that was becouse his car decided to be a pain in the ass on us. Think it was like 20 bucks or so to use the lift.
chrisverneuil
chrisverneuil
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Number of posts : 1610
Registration date : 2009-06-11

Back to top Go down

Can Someone "Help" Me Install Eibach Springs? Empty Re: Can Someone "Help" Me Install Eibach Springs?

Post by discodave Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:44 am

chrisverneuil wrote:I know some ppl are talkin about a install day, But if you really want to I could help with ya. Take it to Fort Mead and use the lifts there. Me and my buddy lowered his infinity M45 there. Took us two days but that was becouse his car decided to be a pain in the ass on us. Think it was like 20 bucks or so to use the lift.

Sounds good to me. We'd need to do it on one day though Smile Fort Meade is about an hour from my house. What problems did you have on the other car that made it take so long?
discodave
discodave
MACH 1
MACH 1

Back to top Go down

Post by ndnboy Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:09 am

Chris, do u have to have a Mil ID to get the space rented? 1st come 1st serve or do u reserve a time on lifts? curious to know for any future installs.....
ndnboy
ndnboy
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Number of posts : 4503
Registration date : 2007-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by discodave Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:10 am

ndnboy wrote:Chris, do u have to have a Mil ID to get the space rented? 1st come 1st serve or do u reserve a time on lifts? curious to know for any future installs.....

I think I remember Chris saying he is in the Coast Guard. I'm Navy, so I can get in....
discodave
discodave
MACH 1
MACH 1

Back to top Go down

Post by ndnboy Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:13 am

soyou DO need a Mil ID or will a Govt ID work, do u know?
ndnboy
ndnboy
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by discodave Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:18 am

ndnboy wrote:soyou DO need a Mil ID or will a Govt ID work, do u know?

If you have a government CAC card you can get on base with that.
discodave
discodave
MACH 1
MACH 1

Back to top Go down

Post by chrisverneuil Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:07 pm

The problems we ran into were we got there a little late, And we broke one bolt and stripped another one getting the front suspension out. But the stang suspensions are sooo much easier than the infinitys. I have a CAC card. A good saturday is good, I know its a first come first serve, You might be able to reserve a spot though too. IDK about that. I do know theres some stupid class you have to take before you can use the lifts but if im able to recruite my roomy he has it done so all we would do is get there whene they open so that we have the full day to do it.
chrisverneuil
chrisverneuil
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Back to top Go down

Post by 03silvergt Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:17 pm

Andrews AFB has lifts and they are a little closer to you since you are in Waldorf. Its a fairly nice shop I have used it a few times. You can get on base with a military cac card. I am also in the Navy and stationed there if you need directions and phone numbers to the place.
03silvergt
03silvergt
BOSS
BOSS

Number of posts : 558
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Boss281 Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:44 pm

A lift would definately help. Personally I'm a winter wuss when it comes to installs below 45 degrees, so renting time at Ft. Meade is a good idea. That being said, it can be done in a driveway with a spring compressor, jackstands and floor jack...
Boss281
Boss281
Geek Stangs
Geek Stangs

Number of posts : 1719
Registration date : 2007-12-06

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2059455

Back to top Go down

Post by 03silvergt Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:03 pm

Yes a lift is always great but its still gonna be cold.
03silvergt
03silvergt
BOSS
BOSS

Back to top Go down

Post by kooldawg6 Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:36 pm

As long as there are no issues, the springs can be swapped in 4 hours or less with one or two people!
My next two available weekends would be Jan 23-24 & 30-31. I wouldn't mind helping as I've done several S197 spring swaps and have the spring compressors and most of the needed tools Can Someone "Help" Me Install Eibach Springs? 10498
As long as the ground is dry and at least 20 degrees, I can dress warm enough to work!
kooldawg6
kooldawg6
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 4896
Registration date : 2007-12-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Boss281 Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:44 pm

kooldawg6 wrote:
As long as the ground is dry and at least 20 degrees, I can dress warm enough to work!

You're nuts. Can Someone "Help" Me Install Eibach Springs? 135477 I'll be happy to make hot coffee runs...
Boss281
Boss281
Geek Stangs
Geek Stangs

Number of posts : 1719
Registration date : 2007-12-06

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2059455

Back to top Go down

Post by 03silvergt Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:24 pm

ill be happy to drink the hot coffee.
03silvergt
03silvergt
BOSS
BOSS

Back to top Go down

Post by chrisverneuil Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:54 pm

Ill happy with helping to do the swap:)H
chrisverneuil
chrisverneuil
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Back to top Go down

Post by ndnboy Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:19 am

Ft Meade down the st from me, I would swing by to assist if Im off....
ndnboy
ndnboy
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by kooldawg6 Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:33 pm

Boss281 wrote:
kooldawg6 wrote:

You're nuts. Can Someone "Help" Me Install Eibach Springs? 135477 I'll be happy to make hot coffee runs...
I know you're not just now figuring that out ROTFL
kooldawg6
kooldawg6
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 4896
Registration date : 2007-12-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down