Maryland Patriot Stangs & Fords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

audio

2 posters

Go down

audio Empty audio

Post by RTW0223 Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:20 pm

so my radio works now btw.

my speakers have always fuzzed. and now it seems as if the fuzzing is getting worse. i am wondering if the source of the problem is one of my two amps or my farad capacitor.

my system now goes like this.... both amps are channeled through my farad capacitor. the power continuity is hooked up to a switch to whereas if i want to listen to the radio i have to turn the switch on which in turn will turn on both amps. one amp powers my subs. one amp powers my 4 speakers and 2 tweeters.

also, a friend suggested that the problem could lie within my RCA cables. the fact that when i rev my engine, the fuzz in the speakers grow louder could be due to the RCA cable picking up electrical noise.

another friend said that the problem is alternator interference, that whats happening is the change in current that the revs are causing in the alternator is inducing a current in my system wires....
RTW0223
RTW0223
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Number of posts : 1850
Registration date : 2008-10-19

https://www.facebook.com/ryan.wuerfl

Back to top Go down

audio Empty Re: audio

Post by chrisverneuil Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:57 pm

its the alternator. got the same prob. twi thins, the RCA's and/or ground. one think u can do is rerout the rcas, get them away from any other wires. other thing that i was told was to use a seperate ground for the amps and cap and get them as far away from each other as possible.
chrisverneuil
chrisverneuil
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Number of posts : 1610
Registration date : 2009-06-11

Back to top Go down

Post by RTW0223 Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:04 pm

my friend and i worked on my audio today. we took out the farad capacitor and graphic equalizer. the fuzz went away. but there is still a squeal that gets louder and i rev the engine into higher rpms. im pretty sure we tracked it down to the rca cable that leads to my amp for my speakers.
RTW0223
RTW0223
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Number of posts : 1850
Registration date : 2008-10-19

https://www.facebook.com/ryan.wuerfl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down