Maryland Patriot Stangs & Fords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CJ Pony's

+5
vack
Boss281
Big-B
Croft
Droptop306
9 posters

Go down

CJ Pony's Empty CJ Pony's

Post by Droptop306 Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:43 am

I was wondering if anyone has ever had an installation done with them? I am leaning towards going there and wanted feedback prior to making a commitment. Thanks
Droptop306
Droptop306
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Number of posts : 1143
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

CJ Pony's Empty Re: CJ Pony's

Post by Croft Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:48 am

Never had any work done, but I have always heard good things. What are you getting done?
Croft
Croft
Cruise Director
Cruise Director

Number of posts : 4206
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Big-B Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:12 pm

A guy I know from MF's has had work done there and was happy w/ it. Like Laura asked, what do you need done.

With all the shops in Md, why would you go there.
Big-B
Big-B
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 6053
Registration date : 2007-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Boss281 Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:40 pm

+1 There are a lot of shops in MD that work on Mustangs, and a couple there in AA County, but if you go to CJs, ask for Bill Tumas. Good guy.

John
Boss281
Boss281
Geek Stangs
Geek Stangs

Number of posts : 1719
Registration date : 2007-12-06

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2059455

Back to top Go down

Post by vack Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:08 pm

I had my Ford Racing Suspension Package put on there, and my 4.10's installed there.

Nice straight forward guys, they did a 4 wheel alignment, adjusted everything on my other suspension pieces that needed adjusting, and the turn around was quick and painless. They also saved all my old parts, and boxed them up for me, full documentation was given to me, reciepts shipping info all that on the parts as well.

Now mind you I live about 2.5 hours from CJ Pony, but they treated me like I lived up the road and was in there everyday.

They showed me other projects they were doing, and are very enthusiastic Mustang People. In the end, I'll go there again, probably for my Paxton S/C install when the time and money allows for that.

There are three places I've dealt with for Mustang Parts and Tech info that are top notch and very helpful. And I'd do business again with all three, but You just can't beat CJ, all they do is Mustangs, it's pretty much a no brainer IMO>

1. Cj Pony Parts (Pennsylvania)
2. Brenspeed (Indiana)
3. Stage3Motorsports (Arizona)

vack
MACH 1
MACH 1

Number of posts : 229
Registration date : 2008-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Boss281 Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:19 pm

What Vack said. CJ Pony's 10498

Now, in Maryland you have two nationally recognized Ford shops with JPC in Millersville and Woodbine Motorsports in Woodbine (Carroll County), and I'm sure there are others in the state with. Virginia has a boatload too. I use Woodbine Motorsports for ALL work I can't do myself (includes S197 and Fox Body Mustangs, my Expedition, and even my GMC truck).

Point is, you have several very good choices, so I'd shop around...
Boss281
Boss281
Geek Stangs
Geek Stangs

Number of posts : 1719
Registration date : 2007-12-06

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2059455

Back to top Go down

Post by HeavyG Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:31 pm

I second Woodbine. JJ is great to work with and really knows his stuff. He installed my headers and did my latest tune. Haven't used CJ for installation but with Woodbine so close I would have a hard time going that far.
HeavyG
HeavyG
GT
GT

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2008-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Tazzy Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:33 pm

Several people on YMR have had work one of the gals car is one of the posters...A 95 Faleen clone in pearl coat yello ..Its been on there dash plake for several years ....
Tazzy
Tazzy
GT
GT

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2010-01-28

https://www.facebook.com/JEMTaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Low 11s Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:59 am

I highly recommend CJ pony parts. I had my blower put on by a third party and I had alot of issues with belt slippage. I bought it to CJ's just to have another belt installed but Bill Tumas found several issues with the set-up that was causing the belt slippage. He then recommended several other minor options I had like tuning, throttle body, Anderson power pipe, etc. and I came away from there with 523 rwhp on a two valve 4.6. Can't complain when you can get that with the stock intake manifold and the pulley that comes with the kit. Its a D-1SC that's only making 13 psi so there is plenty of room to grow once I get used to this set up. CJ uses SGS Automotive for their Dyno tuning. Can't go wrong with them: https://s953.photobucket.com/albums/ae11/Low11s/?action=view&current=01-08-2010011234PM.jpg Hope this helps with your decision.
Low 11s
Low 11s
MACH 1
MACH 1

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2009-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Droptop306 Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:34 pm

I was going to go there and have something done that no one in Maryland will do. I was just considering having them do the headers, h pipe and valve covers along with cams while they had it. But things have turned around and I will be going to JPC to have the performance work done. Thanks for the input. I spoke to a gentlemen there over the phone but he seemed very erogant and short with me. Especially when I was looking at spending over 7500.00 with them.
Droptop306
Droptop306
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Number of posts : 1143
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Boobinspector Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:56 pm

Call Hermann at Horsepower by hermann in beltsville. Very knowledgable. Very meticulous. Nice guy as well. By the way he is the only one who runs and works in his shop. So you will not have to worry about multiple guys fiddling with your car.
Boobinspector
Boobinspector
MACH 1
MACH 1

Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2009-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: