Maryland Patriot Stangs & Fords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Installed - Keyless Push Start Button on my 2010 Mustang

+2
pikuoff
discodave
6 posters

Go down

Installed - Keyless Push Start Button on my 2010 Mustang Empty Installed - Keyless Push Start Button on my 2010 Mustang

Post by discodave Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:08 am

Just a few days ago I got my Keyless Push Start Button system installed. I couldn't find anyone around my neck of the woods to do it, so I drove my ass all the way to Atlantic City, NJ to get it done from a shop who has been doing them since these new systems came out. That was about a four hour drive. I know, I'm insane, but it just HAD to be done Installed - Keyless Push Start Button on my 2010 Mustang Smile

This system isn't JUST a push start button..... It comes with a key fob that's smaller than a credit card that you just put in your wallet, or pocket, or wherever. As you're approaching your vehicle from the outside and get within a few feet, it automatically unlocks your doors without touching anything. The system reads the key fob and just does it automatically. When you get into the car, the key fob has already "activated" your controls, so you just press the brake pedal and hold down the push start button and the engine starts. Same concept when you're finished driving...... Hold the start button down, the engine stops, walk away from the car and it automatically locks the doors as you walk away and engages your factory alarm (if you have one). No more keys needed..... EVER.... and that's what I was going for.

There's just something so cool about your car "detecting" your presence and just unlocking your doors for you as you walk up.

This system is very complex install wise, which is why I didn't attempt it myself. It came with about 7 different wiring harnesses, the start button itself, and the receivers/transmitters the system uses to detect your key fob.

I had them put the actual "Start" button just to the left and under my steering wheel. I put some pics below to show where it is and what it looks like.

I paid about 600 bucks for the system itself, and 250 for the labor to have it installed, so about 900 total if you count all the gas and tolls I had to pay to get to Atlantic City.

Was it worth it? Hell yes it was! Installed - Keyless Push Start Button on my 2010 Mustang Smile

Here are some pics of the start button location and the key fob.

Installed - Keyless Push Start Button on my 2010 Mustang Start%20Button%201

Installed - Keyless Push Start Button on my 2010 Mustang Start%20Button%202

Installed - Keyless Push Start Button on my 2010 Mustang Key%20fob%201
discodave
discodave
MACH 1
MACH 1

Number of posts : 213
Registration date : 2009-12-03

Back to top Go down

Installed - Keyless Push Start Button on my 2010 Mustang Empty Re: Installed - Keyless Push Start Button on my 2010 Mustang

Post by pikuoff Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:15 am

Nice! What if you lose/forget your wallet?
pikuoff
pikuoff
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 3597
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Installed - Keyless Push Start Button on my 2010 Mustang Empty Re: Installed - Keyless Push Start Button on my 2010 Mustang

Post by discodave Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:21 am

pikuoff wrote:Nice! What if you lose/forget your wallet?

Then I won't be able to get into the car in the first place. As soon as I get out and walk away it locks all the doors and the only way to get back in is with the key fob. So that would be impossible Smile

And if I LOST my wallet or key fob, then I have a spare at home so I would have to get the wife to bring me the other one. Also, if I were to leave the key fob in the car, then the doors would stay unlocked, so there's no way to lock it inside the car.
discodave
discodave
MACH 1
MACH 1

Back to top Go down

Post by NEMES1S Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:37 am

Hey that is hot i like it. I also went to meet shawn at Helfins and he is going to do some work for me just some simple stuff thanks for the info he was real cool.
NEMES1S
NEMES1S
BOSS
BOSS

Number of posts : 409
Registration date : 2009-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post by discodave Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:39 am

25BlueRaven wrote:Hey that is hot i like it. I also went to meet shawn at Helfins and he is going to do some work for me just some simple stuff thanks for the info he was real cool.

Cool. They do great work there so I'm sure you'll be happy.
discodave
discodave
MACH 1
MACH 1

Back to top Go down

Post by alkemist Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:32 pm

I read on the mustang forums that someone had a keyless remote starter and the Ford dealer accidentally drove the car into a retention pond. Someone had left it in gear without the handbrake on. Yours has the security feature of depressing the brake pedal which is good.
alkemist
alkemist
BOSS
BOSS

Number of posts : 679
Registration date : 2010-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by discodave Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:19 pm

alkemist wrote:I read on the mustang forums that someone had a keyless remote starter and the Ford dealer accidentally drove the car into a retention pond. Someone had left it in gear without the handbrake on. Yours has the security feature of depressing the brake pedal which is good.

Mine isn't the same as a remote start. You have to by physically sitting in the driver's seat with your foot on the brake pedal and hold the start button that's right next to the steering wheel for 2 seconds before the car will start. Again, this isn't a remote start at all.

And, I heard the same story you did about the dealer driving the car into a pond. Sounds like something seriously went wrong there. I've had remote starts on past vehicles and they had to be in "Park" in order for them to work. If you left your car in drive you wouldn't be able to get your key out of the column. See what I mean?
discodave
discodave
MACH 1
MACH 1

Back to top Go down

Post by alkemist Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:11 pm

Gotcha.

Yeah, something got totally botched up with that run away mustang.
alkemist
alkemist
BOSS
BOSS

Number of posts : 679
Registration date : 2010-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by svtwin73 Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:38 pm

It wasnt a pond, it was the back of a paint shop!!!! Sorry John! Lol
svtwin73
svtwin73
BOSS
BOSS

Number of posts : 488
Registration date : 2008-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post by pikuoff Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:49 pm

svtwin73 wrote:It wasnt a pond, it was the back of a paint shop!!!! Sorry John! Lol
oh snap!!! Hahahahaha
pikuoff
pikuoff
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 3597
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by kooldawg6 Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:03 pm

HAHAHA...HA...HA...ha...
First off, mine doesn't have the remote start nor is it a manual to be left in a drive gear upon startup... Installed - Keyless Push Start Button on my 2010 Mustang 10498
kooldawg6
kooldawg6
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 4896
Registration date : 2007-12-19

Back to top Go down

Post by discodave Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:14 pm

Remote start with a manual is just a bad idea..... Yes, you may know to leave it in Neutral so bad things don't happen when YOU start it, but leave it with someone else and HOPE they do the same? I don't think so....
discodave
discodave
MACH 1
MACH 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down