Maryland Patriot Stangs & Fords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Install day, anyone?

+18
svtwin73
SVT_N8
kooldawg6
Silverstang
Hlistr_07RR
NEMES1S
alkemist
Dominican7
05RedDevil
Boobinspector
03silvergt
BobT
ndnboy
TT_05_Stang
pikuoff
Droptop306
chrisverneuil
Bethelism
22 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Install day, anyone? Empty Install day, anyone?

Post by Bethelism Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:28 pm

So, while sitting by my dad's bedside this past month, I didn't have all that much to do, so I bought a bunch of stuff for my car. I've got new headlights and fogs, & a new upper grill.
Ooh, and I finally got my freakin' louvers painted (really, John!), so they're ready to go in as well. And I still have those Flowmasters in the basement....

And while it's all pretty simple stuff, I thought that we might want to get together to put on those last pieces before the beach. Anyone up for it? I can't the next 2 Saturdays (until after 6), but I'm free on Sundays and Tuesdays...
Bethelism
Bethelism
Grand Poobet
Grand Poobet

Number of posts : 1724
Registration date : 2008-12-30

http://www.bethelism.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Install day, anyone? Empty Re: Install day, anyone?

Post by chrisverneuil Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:18 pm

Id be up for it
chrisverneuil
chrisverneuil
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Number of posts : 1610
Registration date : 2009-06-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Droptop306 Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:28 am

What year mustang do you have? Headlights on the S197 if I am correct means taking off the front bumper. The louvers, and mufflers are a easy doing. Where are you looking to do this?
Droptop306
Droptop306
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Number of posts : 1143
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethelism Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:26 am

It's an '05. Yeah, you gotta take off the bumper. If no one else has a place, mine is suitable, but not ideal.
Bethelism
Bethelism
Grand Poobet
Grand Poobet

Number of posts : 1724
Registration date : 2008-12-30

http://www.bethelism.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by pikuoff Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:36 am

I'm down to help. I'm pretty busy the next month or so but once a time and place are worked out, I'll try to make it. Gotta wrench on others' rides to get my fix!!! or stand around and drink beer...
pikuoff
pikuoff
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 3597
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Droptop306 Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:20 am

I have a place that we can do this at. However I have never take the bumper off. Dont mind learning. I would just need a date so that i can make sure I am not working any overtime.
Droptop306
Droptop306
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Back to top Go down

Post by TT_05_Stang Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:50 am

Ive had a few bumpers off Smile

I can lend a hand.
TT_05_Stang
TT_05_Stang
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 5329
Registration date : 2007-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by ndnboy Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:17 am

Bumber party with bethel : )
ndnboy
ndnboy
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Number of posts : 4503
Registration date : 2007-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by BobT Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:16 pm

I`ve had many S197 bumpers off and have a lift if you guys would like to come hang out and do the headlight swap at my shop. You can pull the bumper in about 15-20 mins. Its so simple its amazing it stays on.
BobT
BobT
COBRA
COBRA

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by 03silvergt Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:05 pm

I would be down for this. I have a few things that need to go in as well if we are gonna have a little get together / install day.
03silvergt
03silvergt
BOSS
BOSS

Number of posts : 558
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Boobinspector Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:13 pm

I have an install day of my own this sunday. Its called replace that POS 10 spline input with the 26 spline one. Droptop by the way my wife really liked your car especially its name. But her and I disagree on that sort of thing. She likes the flames and lambo doors, and me I am all about form with function. My car was the 03 cobra that won 3rd place in the SN95 class at the Lusby show. Then the input shaft gave out while leaving that parking lot. Killed the clutch, TOB, and other stuff.
Boobinspector
Boobinspector
MACH 1
MACH 1

Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2009-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by 05RedDevil Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:26 pm

That's all fun and easy to do. I'm free on Sundays and Tuesdays. Just post up. I'd love to play with your headlights and tailpipe. Oh!
05RedDevil
05RedDevil
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Number of posts : 1390
Registration date : 2008-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominican7 Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:28 pm

05RedDevil wrote:That's all fun and easy to do. I'm free on Sundays and Tuesdays. Just post up. I'd love to play with your headlights and tailpipe. Oh!

Install day, anyone? 434531
Dominican7
Dominican7
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 2023
Registration date : 2008-12-22

Back to top Go down

Post by alkemist Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:27 pm

I just got my splash guard in that I need to install on the underside. Hopefully it's the right part says 05-09 mustang but then another label reads shelby lol.. oh and they sent it folded in a box.. ummmm.
alkemist
alkemist
BOSS
BOSS

Number of posts : 679
Registration date : 2010-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Droptop306 Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:11 pm

You had a very clean 03 Cobra. I like the color. As for function theres is not anything that my car can not still do to include track if I wanted to abuse it. Supercharger goes on this winter if not sooner. Just done understand where i lost the form and functionallity but every one has there own likings and I respect them all. A mustang is a mustang and they are alll capable of doing what money you put into them to do.
Droptop306
Droptop306
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Back to top Go down

Post by 05RedDevil Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:02 pm

Droptop306 wrote:You had a very clean 03 Cobra. I like the color. As for function theres is not anything that my car can not still do to include track if I wanted to abuse it. Supercharger goes on this winter if not sooner. Just done understand where i lost the form and functionallity but every one has there own likings and I respect them all. A mustang is a mustang and they are alll capable of doing what money you put into them to do.

Not to butt in; however, I agree about using to your own discretion but taking a Mustang to a track in NOT abuse. It is letting it run wild and free
05RedDevil
05RedDevil
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Number of posts : 1390
Registration date : 2008-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Boobinspector Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:51 pm

Some how I knew it would get like this. Here is the best way to explain it my wifey really seems to like every newer mustang she see with flames on it. And one of those body kits that every ford dealership had seem to be slapping on them. So me I am kind of getting tired of it. Especially the ones that are all body kit and the owner seems to think that makes it fast. And yes each owner to there own taste.
By the way I do in a way understand where you guys are going with your car. To the car show and only driving in the right conditions. Me on the other hand I want a car that is light to a degree and plenty of power to make up for the weight that is already there. I am sorry I was bitten by the muscle car bug.
Enjoy these cars thats what it is all about in the end. Me I have to make my car stronger. So to keep my self from breaking it. Seeing as this year it seems to be getting worked on more than driving it. And I don't every want my car to be so pretty that I am afraid to drive any time I get the urge. I don't care if it is 30 degrees outside if the roads are clear I will drive it. Thats what is built for not to be a garage queen. Maybe in 20 years when there are fewer of them still around I will restore and turn into a garage queen. But for now I will drive the shit out of it. By the to me if you want to get technical the form with function stems from you lambo door mod.
I am sorry dude but to me that means way to much extra weight.
Boobinspector
Boobinspector
MACH 1
MACH 1

Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2009-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by NEMES1S Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:31 am

I am down for a install day I have a 03-04 bumper I need help puting on so we can play with my front bumper also. But I am also down with the Beer drinking to.
NEMES1S
NEMES1S
BOSS
BOSS

Number of posts : 409
Registration date : 2009-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Hlistr_07RR Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:24 am

Boobinspector, I really wanna see your car sometime.

Oh and I'm down for this, I always love learning how to do more mechanically. Oh, and I have a KB that needs put on my car, shouldn't take more than 30 minutes or so, right?? :D

All I really wanna put on right now are spacers, anyone know about them?
Hlistr_07RR
Hlistr_07RR
GT
GT

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2009-06-16

Back to top Go down

Post by NEMES1S Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:42 am

Hlistr_07RR wrote:Boobinspector, I really wanna see your car sometime.

Oh and I'm down for this, I always love learning how to do more mechanically. Oh, and I have a KB that needs put on my car, shouldn't take more than 30 minutes or so, right?? :D

All I really wanna put on right now are spacers, anyone know about them?
I have some spacers also I just have not put them on yet
NEMES1S
NEMES1S
BOSS
BOSS

Back to top Go down

Post by Droptop306 Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:57 am

Well this is why I usually dont get down with clubs. Unfortunately I guess i am a Queen do to being able to afford to allow my car to sit in the garage. I have 4 vehicles and no children. Not to mention my days of the get up and go went with my 10 second 93 coupe. However, when you make statements like the track dont tear your car up I guess that explains why things are breaking down. This will be taught after your wallet sinks so low you start to wonder if the car is worth it. I have been through it. With the Ford thing and the ground effects I guess they f'd up with every GT then because they are all built the same. I have several friends that do nothing but race mustangs and love dishing the money out and I applaud them for what they have accomplished but have never downed not a one of them for there choice or tried to discredit them. This becomes nothing but a ego booster and a testerone thing. So with that being said I will end this thread by saying good luck to you all in whatever you choose to do. My post from this point on will be limited with Patriot Stangs due to this episode. I am to old for non sense of my car is faster and more versatile then yours. This is not what a group of owners with the same love is about. There should be friendship and a respect for each other. Thanks for all the help from the ones that gave it and they know who they are.
Droptop306
Droptop306
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Back to top Go down

Post by NEMES1S Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:06 am

Now that is wrong what was express about another mans pride and joy I thought we all was ford fans race or show I don't know that it was about some cars that go to the track being better then those that show. I am sorry that this tread has turn in to disrespect towards some body.
NEMES1S
NEMES1S
BOSS
BOSS

Back to top Go down

Post by Hlistr_07RR Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:53 am

What are we fighting about, I missed it. Maybe ill read page one again, I'm scratching my head.

Oh and what kind of spacers are they? I haven't bought mine yet. From your sig, doesn't even look like you need them
Hlistr_07RR
Hlistr_07RR
GT
GT

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2009-06-16

Back to top Go down

Post by TT_05_Stang Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:39 am

Lets nip this in the bud... now...

First of all if everyone had the same mustang, I would hate mustangs. We make our car the way WE want it and the way WE enjoy it. Whether it be all show, no go, all go and primer, or a combination of everything.

Try to be nice to everyone within reason. We don't need to pussy foot around here, and thats why I like the site, and the people in it. Don't go out of your way to downplay someones car no matter what you think. However if your opinion is asked for give it freely.

In the end opinions are like assholes, everyone has one, and sometimes they shit on you. Just remember they have to wipe as well...
TT_05_Stang
TT_05_Stang
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 5329
Registration date : 2007-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Silverstang Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:39 am

I agree....stop this pissing match and back to the install day.
Silverstang
Silverstang
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Number of posts : 1128
Registration date : 2008-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next