Maryland Patriot Stangs & Fords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anybody Want to Help Me Install Some Hood Vents?

4 posters

Go down

Anybody Want to Help Me Install Some Hood Vents? Empty Anybody Want to Help Me Install Some Hood Vents?

Post by discodave Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:46 am

Hey guys and gals.... It's been a while.

I recently bought a 2010 GT500 Hood Vent and want to install it ASAP. The guy I was gonna use has too much crap on his plate this weekend (a dude who owns a shop in Waldorf).

It's going to require me to cut a significant sized hole (rectangle) into my hood.

Anybody have experience with this?
discodave
discodave
MACH 1
MACH 1

Number of posts : 213
Registration date : 2009-12-03

Back to top Go down

Anybody Want to Help Me Install Some Hood Vents? Empty Re: Anybody Want to Help Me Install Some Hood Vents?

Post by Great White Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:04 am

Your Car looks amazing! And keeps getting better, you definitely need to find someone with experience for that one!
Great White
Great White
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 2514
Registration date : 2009-12-28

Back to top Go down

Anybody Want to Help Me Install Some Hood Vents? Empty Re: Anybody Want to Help Me Install Some Hood Vents?

Post by discodave Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:09 am

conejo172 wrote:Your Car looks amazing! And keeps getting better, you definitely need to find someone with experience for that one!

Thanks! It's a work in progress. I'll post up some recent pics.....

Yeah, I'm thinking the same thing. Definitely someone who is COMFORTABLE cutting into a perfectly good hood Smile

Anybody out there? I'll supply beer and pizza!
discodave
discodave
MACH 1
MACH 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Great White Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:13 am

Did you change your grill? Looked like you put the base 2010 grill with a black chrome pony?
Great White
Great White
Super Charger
Super Charger

Back to top Go down

Post by discodave Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:18 am

conejo172 wrote:Did you change your grill? Looked like you put the base 2010 grill with a black chrome pony?

I did. I like the contrast of a more "basic" grille better. My old one was the Pony Package grille painted silver.

What do you think?

And how did you know I changed the grille? I JUST posted my pics. Are you spying on me? Smile
discodave
discodave
MACH 1
MACH 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Great White Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:24 am

LOL no Dave I'm on a lot of Forums too and have seen your car transform many times! I like the base grill too thats why I bought the base model vs premium. I had seen those pics for ROTM on MF I believe.

Great White
Great White
Super Charger
Super Charger

Back to top Go down

Post by discodave Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:28 am

conejo172 wrote:LOL no Dave I'm on a lot of Forums too and have seen your car transform many times! I like the base grill too thats why I bought the base model vs premium. I had seen those pics for ROTM on MF I believe.

Ha. I was just kidding with ya. That first pic is my signature pic over on MF. I'm up for ride of the month this month but I don't think they've posted our pics yet. Ride of the Month winners are usually pre-2005 Mustangs it seems like. I'm guessing that those guys have had their cars so long that their mods are just plain insane. It's hard to compete with a car that's got 7 or 8 years of mods under its belt. No worries though. It's cool just to get nominated for it.

And, yeah, my car HAS transformed many times. The look I've got going now is going to be constant though. No major appearance mods planned other than the GT500 hood vent. Everything else will go towards performance.
discodave
discodave
MACH 1
MACH 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Blue Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:44 am

Experience Exshmeriene, I got a drill and a hack saw, Twisted Evil
Big Blue
Big Blue
Founder
Founder

Number of posts : 4368
Registration date : 2007-09-19

http://www.mdpatriotstangs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by discodave Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:58 am

Big Blue wrote:Experience Exshmeriene, I got a drill and a hack saw, Anybody Want to Help Me Install Some Hood Vents? Icon_twisted

Well if your drill and hacksaw skills are up to speed LET'S DO IT!
discodave
discodave
MACH 1
MACH 1

Back to top Go down

Post by BCP Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:03 pm

Are you sure you're willing to supply beer for a person that will be cutting holes in your hood?

LOL....

Good luck, im sure it'll look sweet once finished.
BCP
BCP
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 3256
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by discodave Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:07 pm

BCP wrote:Are you sure you're willing to supply beer for a person that will be cutting holes in your hood?

LOL....

Good point.... The beer will be provided AFTER the hole is cut Smile Consider it a goal to work towards....
discodave
discodave
MACH 1
MACH 1

Back to top Go down

Post by BCP Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:44 pm

discodave wrote:
BCP wrote:Are you sure you're willing to supply beer for a person that will be cutting holes in your hood?

LOL....

Good point.... The beer will be provided AFTER the hole is cut Smile Consider it a goal to work towards....

LOL... Anybody Want to Help Me Install Some Hood Vents? 10498
BCP
BCP
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 3256
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down