Maryland Patriot Stangs & Fords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SCT Filesystem ERROR

+5
Big Blue
huck
kooldawg6
Great White
pastang
9 posters

Go down

SCT Filesystem ERROR Empty SCT Filesystem ERROR

Post by pastang Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:24 pm

in my last thread i explained my tuner would only show "Filesystem ERROR". well here is the remedy from SCT. i did it and it worked now as soon as the wife gets home im gonna retune the stang!!! also this probably isnt the right place for this thread so if someone can tell me where the thread should be ill move it.

In order to fix this you will need to plug the unit into the computer and open up the Update software, once that is open press ctrl-alt-shift-F1 together, it will ask if you wish to format the MMC card, click yes. Once that is done load the attached file using the transfer file to device button in updater, than run the auto update again. If there are any custom tunes on the unit they will be deleted during this process so make sure you have backups of them to reload.
pastang
pastang
BOSS
BOSS

Number of posts : 417
Registration date : 2009-03-25

Back to top Go down

SCT Filesystem ERROR Empty Re: SCT Filesystem ERROR

Post by Great White Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:29 pm

Good information! And glad you got it sorted out
Great White
Great White
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 2514
Registration date : 2009-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by kooldawg6 Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:45 pm

Glad you got it worked out SCT Filesystem ERROR 10498
kooldawg6
kooldawg6
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 4896
Registration date : 2007-12-19

Back to top Go down

Post by huck Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:36 pm

where can I find the attached file? I did the ctrl-alt-shift-F1 before I realized I couldn't see the file.

huck

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Blue Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:10 pm

If you call SCT while your at your computer and attach your tuner to the computer, they can remote into your computer and fix the tuner for you, I had to do that, but it was fairly painless.
Big Blue
Big Blue
Founder
Founder

Number of posts : 4368
Registration date : 2007-09-19

http://www.mdpatriotstangs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by huck Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:13 pm

SCT sent me a file to recover the tuner OS. I restored/updated the tuner and now I have the 1018 Read Strategy Failed error. If I can't get this fixed I'll call as your recommend. Thanks.

huck

Registration date : 2011-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris@SCT Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:02 am

Guys please do not use the Format command without speaking to us first, this wipes out the device completely and if you do it while it's married to the vehicle you will have bigger issues.

Any File System Error messages requires you to contact us over the phone to fix.

Kris@SCT

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post by chrisverneuil Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:17 pm

WTF I got it updating Randys tuner. WTF
chrisverneuil
chrisverneuil
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Number of posts : 1610
Registration date : 2009-06-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris@SCT Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:24 am

Unfortunately that is what is causing the issue for the most part (updating them). This is something our engineers are looking into as to what is causing the issue. This does not affect every device. Lots of times it can be avoided by just being near the computer when updating it since there is a new step in the process which during there is a pop up window saying "Found New Hardware" and lots of guys close it, this needs to be allowed to go through, so you need to tell the computer to search automatically. If this step is skipped it's a guaranteed File System Error. Hope this helps and believe me I hope they get this fixed soon as we are getting lots of calls on the issue.

For those with the issue it takes about 10-15 minutes to fix when you call in so it's not a long process, just an inconvenience I know.

Kris@SCT

Back to top Go down

Post by TT_05_Stang Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:53 pm

Thanks Kris for signing up on the site, and lending a hand to our members.
TT_05_Stang
TT_05_Stang
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 5329
Registration date : 2007-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by pastang Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:23 am

hey kris i was wondering if SCT was going to make a tuner mac compatible??
pastang
pastang
BOSS
BOSS

Back to top Go down

Post by TT_05_Stang Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:48 am

So there is come concern from SCT that this trick may fall into the wrong hands, and the user wipe their stock settings that are stored in the handheld.

If this happens it will cost the customer 150 to get it fixed by SCT.

However if this is already out on the internet I find it a moot point for it to be removed.

I would put a disclaimer that if you use the trick, and you break it... then you have to send it to SCT, pay the 150, and be out of a tuner for a little bit...

Seems in the long run, since SCT would fix it for free, and they are only a call away and a short call/fix, that would be the wise decision.
TT_05_Stang
TT_05_Stang
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 5329
Registration date : 2007-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris@SCT Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:52 am

There are plans to make the software MAC compatible but there is no ETA on it. With the release of our new iTSX one would think we would have the support for it already.

http://sct-itsx.com/video.html

Kris@SCT

Back to top Go down

Post by pastang Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:42 am

thats bad ass, and yeah you would think if they software is compatible for iphone and ipad that it would already be on a mac
pastang
pastang
BOSS
BOSS

Back to top Go down

Post by Napoleon85 Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:13 pm

pastang wrote:in my last thread i explained my tuner would only show "Filesystem ERROR". well here is the remedy from SCT. i did it and it worked now as soon as the wife gets home im gonna retune the stang!!! also this probably isnt the right place for this thread so if someone can tell me where the thread should be ill move it.

In order to fix this you will need to plug the unit into the computer and open up the Update software, once that is open press ctrl-alt-shift-F1 together, it will ask if you wish to format the MMC card, click yes. Once that is done load the attached file using the transfer file to device button in updater, than run the auto update again. If there are any custom tunes on the unit they will be deleted during this process so make sure you have backups of them to reload.

So ... I'm in the same boat as a poster below, I started following these steps only to realize the attached file is missing ... any way you could upload it again? SCT is closed and I'm kinda SOL atm since the tuner took a dump on me.

Napoleon85

Registration date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Napoleon85 Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:20 am

Follow up here ...

I wasn't able to resolve this issue on my own but a call to SCT the next morning got me up and running. They weren't too happy that I had formatted the device and said they probably could have fixed it without wiping all the data.

Bottom line - you can not fix this yourself, do not perform the steps listed in this thread as you are only making it worse. A call to SCT is the best way to resolve this issue.

Napoleon85

Registration date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down