Maryland Patriot Stangs & Fords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whats your Mod plans for the winter?????

+12
FASFOX89
kooldawg6
jeostang
03silvergt
05RedDevil
pastang
DarkNightV6
Bethelism
Great White
Henny Penny
SVT_N8
TT_05_Stang
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Whats your Mod plans for the winter????? Empty Whats your Mod plans for the winter?????

Post by TT_05_Stang Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:53 pm

I always like to hear about mod plans for the winter... Getting discussions going, and maybe even planning for some install events.

My plans are my usual... taking out the engine and pulling it apart Smile

Old gas played its part in my latest engine pull, but I also plan on upgrading my turbos, to a pair of double ball bearing custom billet wheel, 62/62's. My current setup has 57mm and I am almost at the max of them. I also plan on upgrading my fuel system again. I have 2 Ford GT pumps running in returnless setup, but I will be going to a return style with a sumped pickup. This way I can get more out of the 60# injectors.

I also have tenative plans on buying a new truck after I get my return next year... so their might be mods in its future as well...

Anyways lets discuss what your plans are...
TT_05_Stang
TT_05_Stang
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 5329
Registration date : 2007-12-07

Back to top Go down

Whats your Mod plans for the winter????? Empty Re: Whats your Mod plans for the winter?????

Post by SVT_N8 Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:20 pm

QTP 2.5in electric cutouts
Dakota Digital Quad Air gauge
Lower controls arms and relocation brackets
Carbon fiber chin spoiler

That's my winter install list.

What truck are you thinking about Will? Another deisel? I'd like to get a new FX4 with the ecoboost. My brother and I test drove one and the ecoboost is nice. With just a tune fastlane picked up 90hp
SVT_N8
SVT_N8
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 4102
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Back to top Go down

Whats your Mod plans for the winter????? Empty Re: Whats your Mod plans for the winter?????

Post by TT_05_Stang Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:26 pm

It be between the 6.7 in 350 form, or 6.2 Smile in rap form...
TT_05_Stang
TT_05_Stang
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SVT_N8 Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:31 pm

You know I'm a huge rap fan
SVT_N8
SVT_N8
Super Charger
Super Charger

Back to top Go down

Post by TT_05_Stang Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:29 pm

Fuel economy and just not sold on the crew look of the rap.
TT_05_Stang
TT_05_Stang
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Henny Penny Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:04 pm

Finish the remod in the bathroom, then finish the basement round 3
Henny Penny
Henny Penny
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Number of posts : 1319
Registration date : 2010-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Great White Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:18 pm

The short list is:
Tint
Drop
Axle Backs - GT500 axle backs ordered 10/31/11
Black out panel delete - Found out this is all one piece (faux cap attached) not happening
Pastidip the wheels - DONE 10/23/11
Black out the grill pony
possibly tint the tail lights
We'll see what other things cross my mind Whats your Mod plans for the winter????? 313344

Last edited by Lone Star on Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
Great White
Great White
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 2514
Registration date : 2009-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethelism Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:27 pm

My mod plans? It's all about modding me this winter.

Soon enough, you'll all be calling me "Dr. Trunk Monkey".

(Shela will definitely get her HID fogs installed, as well as those damn MACs that have been hanging around.... And maybe, I'll talk to Will about those TTs he's upgrading.. Whats your Mod plans for the winter????? 341203 "
Bethelism
Bethelism
Grand Poobet
Grand Poobet

Number of posts : 1724
Registration date : 2008-12-30

http://www.bethelism.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkNightV6 Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:12 pm

suspension and maybe trying to get an 8.8 anything else is extra like finding a set of heads and cams to send out to get worked on
DarkNightV6
DarkNightV6
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 2794

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2733066

Back to top Go down

Post by pastang Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:56 pm

TT stang, what turbos do you have? i would love to get a turbo set up but im nervous about it
pastang
pastang
BOSS
BOSS

Number of posts : 417
Registration date : 2009-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by 05RedDevil Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:29 pm

Sadly, Ashley wants us to buy a house in the spring/summer so my mod list is nearly non-existent.
I will be driving the F150 so I want that comfortable in winter weather so I'm getting:
-Smoked LED 3rd brake light to match the smoked tails.
-Grille guard because it is badass and will protect me when I ram the crap out of slow drivers
-and most importantly, a Viper remote start so I don't ever have to wait for my truck to warm up.

I'd also like to tint the windows on both my truck and my Mustang but this may wait until spring.

I bought a Groupon with Gotham Dream Cars to drive a Ferrari or Lambo for 3 laps around a track in Miami. That's not really a mod but it's where some of my car money is going.
05RedDevil
05RedDevil
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Number of posts : 1390
Registration date : 2008-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post by TT_05_Stang Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:38 pm

I didnt see a date on my grouping Mike. When am I taking off?
TT_05_Stang
TT_05_Stang
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 05RedDevil Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:26 am

It's good from mid-Nov until the end of March. I bought 3 but I never got my own confirmation e-mail. We'll look at flights when I get back and you call Gotham yourself to select your weekend.
05RedDevil
05RedDevil
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Back to top Go down

Post by 03silvergt Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:45 am

SVT_N8 wrote:QTP 2.5in electric cutouts

I have a set of the QTP exhaust cutouts if you havent bought a new set yet. I am not going to use them so if your interested let me know.

My winter install list:

I just bought a tubular k member, a-arms, and coilovers, and some Comp Cams 270s. Looking to get that installed this winter. Hopefully I cant get some long tubes and finish the exhaust.
03silvergt
03silvergt
BOSS
BOSS

Number of posts : 558
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by SVT_N8 Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:26 am

05RedDevil wrote:
-Grille guard because it is badass and will protect me when I ram the crap out of slow drivers
-and most importantly, a Viper remote start so I don't ever have to wait for my truck to warm up.

I bought a Groupon with Gotham Dream Cars to drive a Ferrari or Lambo for 3 laps around a track in Miami. That's not really a mod but it's where some of my car money is going.

Love the reasoning behind the grille guard and mainly because I know you will use it for said reason.
I had Fresh Designs by Zaks parent's tint and install remote start in the Hummer. Fair price, excellent work, and Dougs a cool dude. I think they also tinted Bronsons old mustang and I know all of Zaks vehicles were tinted there.

I saw that groupon and was so tempted. If I would have know you were doing it I would have bought one. Should be badass.

Chris, I'm sending you a pm about the qtp cutouts. Thanks
SVT_N8
SVT_N8
Super Charger
Super Charger

Back to top Go down

Post by 05RedDevil Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:21 am

Well, hell. That would be cool to knock out two birds with one stone at Frsh Designs.
Could you hit me up with a PM to let me know what price you got? I was contemplating the install myself but it will be cold as a witch's tit in November and the entire purpose of the remote start is to avoid the cold. lol.
My friend had his remote start installed at Sound Solutions for about $200
05RedDevil
05RedDevil
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Back to top Go down

Post by TT_05_Stang Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:12 pm

pastang wrote:TT stang, what turbos do you have? i would love to get a turbo set up but im nervous about it

I have twin Garrett 57mm turbos. Custom built from Garrett. They use a stage4 wheel. Custom built for a 4.6 in twin configuration. Each turbo will support 500 flywheel horsepower. New these upgraded turbos cost 1200. Will be selling them for 500 for both this winter. These also have chrome jet hot coating on the turbine side, and polished compressor side($150 option each). I was at full boost by 2900 rpm with these turbos. pretty much zero lag.

Note you will need to get a set of headers to use these, or a hotside kit made for you.
TT_05_Stang
TT_05_Stang
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethelism Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:11 pm

TT_05_Stang wrote:

Will be selling them for 500 for both this winter.

Um, selling them to me, silly boy..... Don't forget it!
Bethelism
Bethelism
Grand Poobet
Grand Poobet

Number of posts : 1724
Registration date : 2008-12-30

http://www.bethelism.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TT_05_Stang Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:47 pm

Totally read my receipt wrong from Garrett... They were a lot more expensive. Just called them and they will buy them back for 400 a piece, just for cores.

TT_05_Stang
TT_05_Stang
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jeostang Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:25 pm

For me, its either time to start on the truck or do BS3, I also want a utility ATV. So its one of the three. If anyone can throw some ideals on a good Utility atv I'm all ears.
jeostang
jeostang
Colt
Colt

Number of posts : 454

Back to top Go down

Post by TT_05_Stang Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:48 pm

Can-am nuff said ;)
TT_05_Stang
TT_05_Stang
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kooldawg6 Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:35 pm

April's winter mods will be finally fixing the exhaust leak from the header install, installing the one piece aluminum drive shaft I got back in Jan '10, the drive shaft safety loop, the set of underdrive pullies I got from Nate probably 2 or so years ago... Cleaning the fuel system, changing the plugs, radiator flush and quite possibly a new dyno tune from somebody...possibly Horespower by Herman up in Beltsville.

The Mazda...not quite sure yet...maybe have the fanblades powder coated while they're off for the winter and tint the windows. Maybe exhaust, but I don't want a ricer sounding commuter car ROTFL
kooldawg6
kooldawg6
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 4896
Registration date : 2007-12-19

Back to top Go down

Post by SVT_N8 Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:13 am

Let me know when you go to HBH
SVT_N8
SVT_N8
Super Charger
Super Charger

Back to top Go down

Post by FASFOX89 Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:28 am

the parts are starting to pile up...
deeper aod pan,new fill tube,manifold back(new .02 sensors) exhaust,upper and lower intake,70mm TB,white faced gauges...and I'm sure some more parts will be ordered Smile
FASFOX89
FASFOX89
BOSS
BOSS

Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Boss281 Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:47 pm

Got way too many to list since I didn't do crap this year.

fix airbag light, install 2-step, install fan on/off switch, replace fuel pump, new street wheels and tires, new car cover. Clutch and line lock going in next week. I may also convert the car from drag to street. Mostly suspension changes and putting the stock seats back in.

GT/CS lower grill with foglights, Saleen upper grill, pillar pod and Aeroforce gauge

2008 F150
Linex, bed cover, new tires, shocks, POSSIBLY more aggressive exhaust

Storage
Document all the F-n parts and try to sell 'em!!!! Sorry guys, all fox body and SN95 parts are now sold. Only have S197 parts left.

Misc
open or closed trailer, depending on cost
Boss281
Boss281
Geek Stangs
Geek Stangs

Number of posts : 1719
Registration date : 2007-12-06

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2059455

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next