Maryland Patriot Stangs & Fords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leaky leak from my Rear Differential

5 posters

Go down

Leaky leak from my Rear Differential  Empty Leaky leak from my Rear Differential

Post by d_word Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:31 pm

So I was doing a random inspection of the stang yesterday and noticed the bottom of the diff housing was wet with lubricant. Its not a bad leak but after checking again this morning there seems to be some dripping. Anybody ever had this issue?

Because of this im really thinking of doing a gear swap now since im gonna have to get this looked at.

Suggestions on shops for the install or what to do next.....
d_word
d_word
GT
GT

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2012-04-02

Back to top Go down

Leaky leak from my Rear Differential  Empty Re: Leaky leak from my Rear Differential

Post by Silverstang Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:23 am

Probably the seal is going bad...mike (mjr46) did my 4:10's and I highly recommend him.
Silverstang
Silverstang
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Number of posts : 1128
Registration date : 2008-02-08

Back to top Go down

Leaky leak from my Rear Differential  Empty Re: Leaky leak from my Rear Differential

Post by Big Blue Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:25 pm

Bob Thompson, he's on the forum, he owns that Black Fox Nightmare
Big Blue
Big Blue
Founder
Founder

Number of posts : 4368
Registration date : 2007-09-19

http://www.mdpatriotstangs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by d_word Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:32 am

Thanks guys.

Ed, I actually purchased some rims from Bob T a while back. I remember driving up there and he had that cool garage in the back
d_word
d_word
GT
GT

Back to top Go down

Post by RTW0223 Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:17 am

Mike (mjr46) did my rear end as well, among other stuff. great work, great guy!!
RTW0223
RTW0223
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Number of posts : 1850
Registration date : 2008-10-19

https://www.facebook.com/ryan.wuerfl

Back to top Go down

Post by d_word Mon May 06, 2013 11:00 am

Got the 3.73 installed over the weekend. Mike (mjr46) had some time Saturday so I took it up and he did the install. It was a fun and educational process, kinda glad he got me involved in the install. Think I still smell like gear oil lol . Haven't had a chance to really test the car out but so far it feels great. Thanks for pointing me his way. Awesome guy and mechanic!
d_word
d_word
GT
GT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 06, 2013 2:34 pm

I think you'll really notice a difference and no more leaky....

Back to top Go down

Post by d_word Mon May 06, 2013 2:41 pm

Turns out that I must have hit or ran something over, the Diff cover was bent, which caused the leak.
d_word
d_word
GT
GT

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Blue Mon May 06, 2013 4:57 pm

Damn!
Big Blue
Big Blue
Founder
Founder

Number of posts : 4368
Registration date : 2007-09-19

http://www.mdpatriotstangs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 06, 2013 6:13 pm

Big Blue wrote:Damn!
no doubt.

Back to top Go down

Post by mjr46 Mon May 06, 2013 9:53 pm

d_word wrote:Got the 3.73 installed over the weekend. Mike (mjr46) had some time Saturday so I took it up and he did the install. It was a fun and educational process, kinda glad he got me involved in the install. Think I still smell like gear oil lol . Haven't had a chance to really test the car out but so far it feels great. Thanks for pointing me his way. Awesome guy and mechanic!
Glad you enjoyed it Damion....hope I spelled your name right?? yeah, that gear oil will leave an after smell......enjoy it!!! Leaky leak from my Rear Differential  311771

mjr46
BOSS
BOSS

Number of posts : 649
Registration date : 2008-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by RTW0223 Tue May 07, 2013 9:22 pm

d_word wrote:Got the 3.73 installed over the weekend. Mike (mjr46) had some time Saturday so I took it up and he did the install. It was a fun and educational process, kinda glad he got me involved in the install. Think I still smell like gear oil lol . Haven't had a chance to really test the car out but so far it feels great. Thanks for pointing me his way. Awesome guy and mechanic!

Leaky leak from my Rear Differential  10498 Leaky leak from my Rear Differential  10498
RTW0223
RTW0223
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Number of posts : 1850
Registration date : 2008-10-19

https://www.facebook.com/ryan.wuerfl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down