Maryland Patriot Stangs & Fords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ford truck...Used or New??

5 posters

Go down

Ford truck...Used or New?? Empty Ford truck...Used or New??

Post by ndnboy Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:24 am

Seriously thinking of getting a truck soon. Went by dealer and looked at some XLT Crew cabs for their 2013 incentives 28-30K.....they also had some used ones on lot, cheapest being a 08 Crew for 12K...

Cant decide if i want to bite the bullet on New price or look around for a used one....alot out there, thinking of Crew cab just have to decide the price range and milage on it..V6 eco or V8?

Whats the opinions on Good Used one in 20K range vs going older and looking in the 10-15K range?

What are the things I should be aware getting into an older truck...
ndnboy
ndnboy
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Number of posts : 4503
Registration date : 2007-12-04

Back to top Go down

Ford truck...Used or New?? Empty Re: Ford truck...Used or New??

Post by ThunderSteed Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:41 am

Go new for the better warrenty. jmo
ThunderSteed
ThunderSteed
Poobah Light {Un Willing Vice Prez}
Poobah Light {Un Willing Vice Prez}

Number of posts : 1149
Registration date : 2008-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Silverstang Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:46 pm

Depends on what you want it for.... Hauling mulch from homedepot then it just sits in the driveway. I would say used. If more heavy duty stuff or a dd I would say go new for the warranty. My 2cents
Silverstang
Silverstang
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Number of posts : 1128
Registration date : 2008-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Boss281 Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:00 pm

I agree with used.  I traded my used 2007 with 5.4l to pick up the 2012 to use as a "tow my car to the track" vehicle, and while the truck is nice, it's not seeing the utility I expected it to.  Frankly wish I had kept the paid for used vehicle.  A big note on something that might see lots of driveway time doesn't quite work.
Boss281
Boss281
Geek Stangs
Geek Stangs

Number of posts : 1719
Registration date : 2007-12-06

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2059455

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:39 pm

The other consideration is if that "used" truck has been secretly pulling tree stumps. Serious because some people trash a truck and it may look well maintained and the added risk might not be worth the savings.

For me my F-150 is 12 years old and has 117K on it and I use it a lot less now but I can trust I can drive across the country at a moments notice. And the 5.4 be it a good motor is very thirsty and with a 26-38 gallon tank the math will yield the facts. So I'd look at new and also look at dealers in different states as prices vary. I mean you did ask a open question and I am merely expressing a different view.

Back to top Go down

Post by ndnboy Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:11 am

Hope to keep an eye out for a good used one, def dont WANT 2 notes now ('12 Charger) but new sure looks great. Now just to see whats available in the 10-15K and 15-20K ranges...
ndnboy
ndnboy
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Boss281 Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:32 am

Juan, slightly off topic but how do you like the Charger?  R/T?  I'm looking for a dedicated daily driver later this year and considering another Mustang but really would prefer a 4 door.  The Taurus has never appealed to me in any form since the original SHO...
Boss281
Boss281
Geek Stangs
Geek Stangs

Number of posts : 1719
Registration date : 2007-12-06

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2059455

Back to top Go down

Post by Great White Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:14 pm

I would suggest looking into a recently off lease vehicle, typically lower miles, and fairly well taken care of as every blemish on a leased vehicle is charged to the customer. Only problem with new car/truck purchase is the depreciation. there are plenty of high quality used rucks on the market. stay away from white pickups, they are typically used in construction, and have let a hard life despite mileage.
Great White
Great White
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 2514
Registration date : 2009-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by ndnboy Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:13 am

Boss281 wrote:Juan, slightly off topic but how do you like the Charger?  R/T?  I'm looking for a dedicated daily driver later this year and considering another Mustang but really would prefer a 4 door.  The Taurus has never appealed to me in any form since the original SHO...

John, its the wifes DD so I dont use it much, but I have to say Im happy with it so far, 1 1/2 yrs and its a comfortable cruise, alot options, we got the V6 so no RT input for you....
ndnboy
ndnboy
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down