Maryland Patriot Stangs & Fords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LED dome lights???

2 posters

Go down

LED dome lights??? Empty LED dome lights???

Post by ndnboy Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:07 am

Had a few Dome lights left over from an F150 project and added them to the 07 Stang. I noticed this morning that the bulbs seem to stay on with a light hue while I driving. Doesnt happen in the truck. i believe the bulbs are T10s, anyone have info on this????

Dont want to leave in if they will remain on with this draw....will it drain battery?

Thx
ndnboy
ndnboy
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Number of posts : 4503
Registration date : 2007-12-04

Back to top Go down

LED dome lights??? Empty Re: LED dome lights???

Post by Silverstang Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:36 am

Same happens with mine. I read somewhere this is normal when using LED's in the dome light. I have had mine in for 2 years and have never had any issues with battery drain. My guess is a little current must run through the line while the car is running. Its not enough to light the normal dome light but is enough to give a little bit of a glow to the LED's. With the car off mine are completely dark.
Silverstang
Silverstang
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Number of posts : 1128
Registration date : 2008-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by ndnboy Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:14 pm

Will be hard to see if they are on when I get back to parking lot, but they did stay on the whole way into work this morning at 0-dark thirty, funny the truck lights dont do that, they go completly off, Stangs different i guess...
ndnboy
ndnboy
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Number of posts : 4503
Registration date : 2007-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down