Maryland Patriot Stangs & Fords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

broken bolt

3 posters

Go down

broken bolt Empty broken bolt

Post by VegasGT Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:48 am

so i broke a fender bolt off when i was installing a steeda hood strut kit on the passenger side and it looks impossible to get out. broken bolt 20541 its the very last bolt up towards the windshield and i cant see any way to get to it or underneath it without removing the fender(not what i want to do). It snapped off right at the fender level. any ideas????please

broken bolt Brokenbolt
VegasGT
VegasGT
MACH 1
MACH 1

Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Back to top Go down

broken bolt Empty Re: broken bolt

Post by kooldawg6 Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:51 am

They make removal kits where it screws/taps down into the bolt and able to remove it. I've never used one, but have seen the kits at parts stores.
I see that pic is from the pit area at Mason Dixon Dragway :D When were you there? I don't remember seeing your car...
kooldawg6
kooldawg6
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 4896
Registration date : 2007-12-19

Back to top Go down

Post by VegasGT Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:47 pm

kooldawg6 wrote:They make removal kits where it screws/taps down into the bolt and able to remove it. I've never used one, but have seen the kits at parts stores.
I see that pic is from the pit area at Mason Dixon Dragway :D When were you there? I don't remember seeing your car...

lol thanks for the advice and i dont even remember when those pics were taken. I went there alot last summer and hopefully will again this summer....if i dont get deployed or moved to another station.
VegasGT
VegasGT
MACH 1
MACH 1

Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post by kooldawg6 Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:15 pm

broken bolt 10498
NVMC only has 4 dates this year (down from last year's 6). I hope to make at least 2 of them! I may do more pic taking than racing, but still could easily get in 10 passes or so broken bolt 10498
kooldawg6
kooldawg6
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 4896
Registration date : 2007-12-19

Back to top Go down

Post by svtwin73 Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:15 pm

There called "Extractor kits", try Northern Tools. It's a reversed drill bit and an extractor, I've used them many times at work.
svtwin73
svtwin73
BOSS
BOSS

Number of posts : 488
Registration date : 2008-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down