Maryland Patriot Stangs & Fords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ford Want's to Loose Customers

+5
Smokeurhonda
wecircletheproblem
slayerofall
kooldawg6
Big Blue
9 posters

Go down

Ford Want's to Loose Customers Empty Ford Want's to Loose Customers

Post by Big Blue Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:05 pm

Ok, I thought we need a thread just for this stupidity by ford, as it very well could efect our club drasticly, I know I think this is a bunch bull, and I really wish ford would stop p-ing me off.
So go to The Black Mustang Club forum tread on this and check it out, then let me know what you think.
Big Blue
Big Blue
Founder
Founder

Number of posts : 4368
Registration date : 2007-09-19

http://www.mdpatriotstangs.com

Back to top Go down

Ford Want's to Loose Customers Empty Re: Ford Want's to Loose Customers

Post by Big Blue Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:26 pm

I just read something that I thought I should ad, I am going to send an email to ford about how supid this all is, and I urge all to do the same, however, please do it as a ford owner, and not a club member, I will and urg you to mention that you are in a club, but please do not mention our clubs name, and it would also be a good idea not to mention the name of any club you may be a member of, the last thing we want is to fords liers, opps, I mean lawers turning there guns on our little cub.
Big Blue
Big Blue
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by kooldawg6 Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:09 pm

With all this legal crud about pics of our personal cars, I'm wondering since I have it financed through Ford Credit, do I have to get Fords permission to take a pic of my own car to advertise it for sale(not going to sell it, just an example)???
I'm a Metallica fan(sure I will catch some flack, but it doesn't bother me at all), but did Lars go to work for Ford?????? Rolling Eyes Laughing
kooldawg6
kooldawg6
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 4896
Registration date : 2007-12-19

Back to top Go down

Post by slayerofall Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:21 pm

kooldawg6 wrote: but did Lars go to work for Ford?????? Rolling Eyes Laughing
He ought to, judging by the crap albums in the past 15 years, lol!
slayerofall
slayerofall
MACH 1
MACH 1

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2007-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post by wecircletheproblem Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:26 pm

ok i dont understand...the fact that the car is in my name, i pay insurance, i pay gas, i drive it everywhere but yet I cant take a picture of my own car and publish it somewhere...the fng crap ford doesnt own my car anymore the stupid fing morons sold that car to me...i have the fing right to beat it with a bat or shoot it with a gun if i please but i cant take fing picture and publish it that total bull if you ask me.

On second note id like to congradulate a baltimore member of BMC for making it into Mustang Mag.
wecircletheproblem
wecircletheproblem
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Number of posts : 743
Registration date : 2007-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeurhonda Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:55 pm

Absolutly rediculous if you ask me.
Smokeurhonda
Smokeurhonda
COBRA
COBRA

Number of posts : 965
Registration date : 2009-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by BCP Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:58 pm

Loose?

..as in not tight?
BCP
BCP
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 3256
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by TT_05_Stang Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:00 pm

over a year old thread... wow you guys are digging Smile
TT_05_Stang
TT_05_Stang
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 5329
Registration date : 2007-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Blue Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:58 pm

OK, you all will get use to my spelling, and be able to translate it just like the rest of them did, rite Bernie. Ford Want's to Loose Customers 981952
Big Blue
Big Blue
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by vack Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:13 pm

My guess is there is more to it than is let on. They probably had the Ford Logo all over the calendar in question, and that is copyright infringment. Probably threw up a red flag somewhere, they contacted the printer, and the owner of the printer, had a knee jerk reaction to cover their own ass, and thus here we are talking about it.

There are a million Mustang websites, I'm sure that's all good, but as soon as you try to make a buck using any of it, you will get slapped.

I'll give you an example, we do a charity flag football game every year for Jerry's Kids, we made up T-Shirts to wear and sell to help out, "Touchdowns for Jerry's Kids" Well the silk screener had to call MDA to get permission to use Jerry's Kids on our T-Shirt. Ford Want's to Loose Customers 434531

vack
MACH 1
MACH 1

Number of posts : 229
Registration date : 2008-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post by bluebloodedpony Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:22 pm

Wow that is messed up, I am pretty sure that the car in my driveway is mine and not fords. They made it, but I paid for it, so it is no longer theirs. The images shouldn't have been flagged by themselves unless the ford logo was pasted into the owner photos. I wouldn't be too worried about it though, Ford may not be around long enough for it to matter anymore. GM and Chrysler are going down quick according to new reports, supposedly, their restructuring plans weren't good enough.
bluebloodedpony
bluebloodedpony
RUSTY MUSTANG
RUSTY MUSTANG

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2009-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:43 pm

vack wrote:My guess is there is more to it than is let on. They probably had the Ford Logo all over the calendar in question, and that is copyright infringment. Probably threw up a red flag somewhere, they contacted the printer, and the owner of the printer, had a knee jerk reaction to cover their own ass, and thus here we are talking about it.

There are a million Mustang websites, I'm sure that's all good, but as soon as you try to make a buck using any of it, you will get slapped.

I'll give you an example, we do a charity flag football game every year for Jerry's Kids, we made up T-Shirts to wear and sell to help out, "Touchdowns for Jerry's Kids" Well the silk screener had to call MDA to get permission to use Jerry's Kids on our T-Shirt. Ford Want's to Loose Customers 434531

believe me when this all first happened Ford was going crazy, they pulled 60% of their license until the idiots finished their investigation, and we almost lost our club logo as did many enthusiast clubs

Back to top Go down

Post by vack Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:32 pm

It's all part of it, another example I can give you, is I'm a Career Union Firefighter, IAFF, I pay Monthly Dues, yet if we want to get Shirts with the IAFF logo, a fee of 200.oo needs to be paid and 2% royalties quarterly. If you aren't an associate the fee is 1000.oo dollars and the royalties are higher. Microsoft is another big big one for stuff similar to that, we just bought 2003 Small Business Server for our FD server at work, I'm in charge of that, Software was near 1000.00 dollars, then I had to buy 10 more CAL, Client Access Licenses, for 480.00/5.........that's a lot of money to do fire reports and have inter domain email. But if I hacked a copy, and just winged it, then what? I get tossed in the clink. These companies fight hard and spend a lot of money to protect their product. It sucks especially when it's for a good cause or a good club.

Do I agree with it? No! But ya can't win.

vack
MACH 1
MACH 1

Number of posts : 229
Registration date : 2008-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down