Maryland Patriot Stangs & Fords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ABS light

4 posters

Go down

ABS light Empty ABS light

Post by pikuoff Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:28 pm

Well, my ABS light decided to come on and stay on after the last Mountain cruise. To go along with that, the Traction Control light stays on and won't turn off (ie, Traction Control itself stays off and won't turn on). I've checked all of my fuses and all check out. I checked the connections on the ABS module and all seem good. I will check/clean all of the wheel sensors and make sure those are still good. My brake fluid level is where it has been since I flushed my brake system 4 years ago. No codes are being thrown by my PCM but from what I understand, the ABS system has it's own scanner and codes??? It's looking like I will need to install a new ABS module. I know I can drive fine without ABS or TC but, I figure, the little I drive it in the winter, I think TC is very significant to my safety ;)

Anyone got one of those ABS scanners? Any thing else I should check out that I've missed? Anyone got a working ABS module? Are they hard to change? Any other thoughts?

Thanks!
pikuoff
pikuoff
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 3597
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

ABS light Empty Re: ABS light

Post by chrisverneuil Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:32 am

You are right about there being a ABS module. And there is a a seperate codes for that. The best thing is to go to a ford dealership. The scan tool they have is phenominal. The last time I used one they have separate ECUs for ABS, Transmission and Engine. so there would be another set of codes telling you what is wrong with ur brake system. You do know that now that ur ABS light is on ur ABS will not work. It will look up all tires when you break hard enough.JUST A FWI.
chrisverneuil
chrisverneuil
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Number of posts : 1610
Registration date : 2009-06-11

Back to top Go down

Post by n2onme Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:26 pm

I believe I had that same problem when I had my 2000 v6. If I remember correctly it was the abs computer/module. Although try checking the green ground screw above the drivers side headlight. I remember having those same lights on when I didn't tighten that screw back down, strange I know. I would think it is the abs computer though.
n2onme
n2onme
GT
GT

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2009-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post by pikuoff Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:52 pm

Thanks for the replies. Haven't had time to mess with it yet, but hope to this weekend.
pikuoff
pikuoff
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 3597
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by AAron83 Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:02 pm

have to go to ford to have your abs computer scanned. could just be a wheel speed sensor gone bad or not reading properly. one of the sensors may not be secured.traction control and abs are pretty much the same they both rely on your wheel speed sensors to operate. GL and hope you get it fixed soon.
AAron83
AAron83
COBRA
COBRA

Number of posts : 991
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down