Maryland Patriot Stangs & Fords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gotta rant...

+11
Big Mike226
svtwin73
TT_05_Stang
pastang
05RedDevil
kooldawg6
chrisverneuil
jeostang
ndnboy
Big-B
Boss281
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Gotta rant... Empty Gotta rant...

Post by Boss281 Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:48 pm

Two rants:

ONE: what possesses a DC officer to pull a gun on folks having a snowball fight because his car is hit with a snowball? Absolutely no excuse. Perfect example of "serve and protect" becoming "brutalize and harass". I come from a long line of folks that serve and protect both militarily and on the force, but that scumbag better get tossed off on his ass.

TWO: I'm in the bookstore standing still and reading a book jacket when I see an "older couple" (uh, a bit more than me Gotta rant... 40218 ) coming down the aisle in the opposite direction. In my peripheral vision I can see they have more than enough room to pass on my left, but at the last instant I glance up and make eye contact with guy who SHOULDER SLAMS me to get me out of his way. I stiffened up real hard and it was clear it startled him, and I shouted (in the damn bookstore, jesus) "It hurt didn't it, now what???" I must have looked crazy because his expression changed and his wife actually dragged him out of the store, folks snickering at him. I stood there shaking my head. Guy behind me said the guy had been walking the store with murder in his eyes. Guess he's not getting that Red Rider BB Gun for xmas after all.

Somehow we've become a society of possession and territoriality. The cop's "space" was violated by a snowball (horrors) and a bookstore bully needs a 5' force field around him while he prowls the mall.

Ok, rant over.
Boss281
Boss281
Geek Stangs
Geek Stangs

Number of posts : 1719
Registration date : 2007-12-06

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2059455

Back to top Go down

Gotta rant... Empty Re: Gotta rant...

Post by Big-B Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:52 pm

LOL tiz the season!!!
Big-B
Big-B
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 6053
Registration date : 2007-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Boss281 Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:58 pm

LOL is right. I guess to some folks it's Merry EFFING Christmas!
Boss281
Boss281
Geek Stangs
Geek Stangs

Back to top Go down

Post by ndnboy Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:04 pm

Cop was responding to a report of a Man with a GUN, hence weapon out, was an off duty DC cop in crowd : (
ndnboy
ndnboy
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Number of posts : 4503
Registration date : 2007-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Boss281 Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:09 pm

Juan, I believe HE was the man with the gun. He popped out because a snowball hit his car. The DC chief has him on desk duty and taken both his gun and badge...
Boss281
Boss281
Geek Stangs
Geek Stangs

Back to top Go down

Post by ndnboy Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:35 pm

Thought u meant the Uniformed Cop that u see on the news, havent seen anything on vid of the plain clothes cop, Im sure they will look into if he pulled out his weapon, hadnt heard reports if he had
ndnboy
ndnboy
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Number of posts : 4503
Registration date : 2007-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Boss281 Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:49 pm

It's clear on the vids, and he ADMITS on the vids that he pulled a gun. DC chief has now recanted that the guy is on admin leave, and a great "veteran cop". Only took a few hours to start sticking up for their "hero".

Another uniformed thug gets off. I come from a cop family, and have met my share of the good, the bad and the ugly. Obviously this is a pet peeve of mine. Some day over a beer I'll tell you why...
Boss281
Boss281
Geek Stangs
Geek Stangs

Back to top Go down

Post by jeostang Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:12 pm

The Snowball hit his Shinny Hummer. You know Hummers aren't made to be hit by snowballs.
jeostang
jeostang
Colt
Colt

Number of posts : 454
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by jeostang Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:17 pm

jeostang
jeostang
Colt
Colt

Number of posts : 454
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by chrisverneuil Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:29 pm

Boss281 wrote:It's clear on the vids, and he ADMITS on the vids that he pulled a gun. DC chief has now recanted that the guy is on admin leave, and a great "veteran cop". Only took a few hours to start sticking up for their "hero".

Another uniformed thug gets off. I come from a cop family, and have met my share of the good, the bad and the ugly. Obviously this is a pet peeve of mine. Some day over a beer I'll tell you why...
Sounds good. Id like to hear about this. Being a part of law enforcement myself.
chrisverneuil
chrisverneuil
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Number of posts : 1610
Registration date : 2009-06-11

Back to top Go down

Post by kooldawg6 Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:52 pm

Sorry about your bookstore incident, John! That sounded like a clear case of "dumbass"!!!!!

That is crazy S@%# right there!!!!! I'd be downright pissed if somebody hit April with a snowball, BUT sure as hell wouldn't jump out with a gun drawn unless there was an "actual" need for it! It was funny/sad how differently the detective acted once backup arrived! That guy IS an idiot!!!!!
kooldawg6
kooldawg6
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 4896
Registration date : 2007-12-19

Back to top Go down

Post by 05RedDevil Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:51 am

Boss281 wrote:Two rants:

ONE: what possesses a DC officer to pull a gun on folks having a snowball fight because his car is hit with a snowball? Absolutely no excuse. Perfect example of "serve and protect" becoming "brutalize and harass". I come from a long line of folks that serve and protect both militarily and on the force, but that scumbag better get tossed off on his ass.

If some asshole throws a snowball at my car just to be an asshole, let him S@%# his pants when someone of authority says "No no no" Gotta rant... 141848 with a bit of force. Did he shoot the kid, no. Was he within his legal limits, yes. Is the DC police force going to make it "look" like he is punished because of all the over-reacting "concerned citizens", yes. That was assault on an officer. What if another snowball was nice and compact and it hit him in the head and knocked the cop out? I wish children - and people of all ages - simply have respect for other people and their belongings. See it how you want but I'd like to see cops go home unharmed and unharrassed at the end of the day Gotta rant... 40335
As for the DC local retards who continued to throw snowballs at him, well, that would get me on a terrible rant of my own . . .
As for the old S@%# in the bookstore, F@%* him.
05RedDevil
05RedDevil
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Number of posts : 1390
Registration date : 2008-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Boss281 Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:28 am

Mike, I guess it's a matter of perspective. Understand that police officers are human and make mistakes just like anyone else, sometimes with serious consequences...thanks for your thoughts on the matter though.
Boss281
Boss281
Geek Stangs
Geek Stangs

Back to top Go down

Post by Big-B Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:23 pm

05RedDevil wrote:I wish children - and people of all ages - simply have respect for other people and their belongings.
You're wishing for something that will never happen sadly enough. Those days are long gone.
Big-B
Big-B
Super Charger
Super Charger

Back to top Go down

Post by Boss281 Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:30 pm

Ain't that the truth Bernie...
Boss281
Boss281
Geek Stangs
Geek Stangs

Back to top Go down

Post by Big-B Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:45 pm

Boss281 wrote:Ain't that the truth Bernie...
You know, it's sad. Most of the time when you open a door for someone or let them in traffic, they can't be bothered to even acknowledge your good gesture. Once in a while someone will wave or say thanks, but most of the time, nothing. That pisses me off more than anything. Makes me just want to be an inconsiderate prick. But then I realize that's not how I was raised and that would make me no better than those I despise. So I guess I'll just keep being me.
Big-B
Big-B
Super Charger
Super Charger

Back to top Go down

Post by pastang Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:48 pm

If some asshole throws a snowball at my car just to be an asshole, let him S@%# his pants when someone of authority says "No no no" Gotta rant... 141848 with a bit of force. Did he shoot the kid, no. Was he within his legal limits, yes. Is the DC police force going to make it "look" like he is punished because of all the over-reacting "concerned citizens", yes. That was assault on an officer. What if another snowball was nice and compact and it hit him in the head and knocked the cop out? I wish children - and people of all ages - simply have respect for other people and their belongings. See it how you want but I'd like to see cops go home unharmed and unharrassed at the end of the day Gotta rant... 40335
As for the DC local retards who continued to throw snowballs at him, well, that would get me on a terrible rant of my own . . .
As for the old S@%# in the bookstore, F@%* him.[/quote]

a weapon is a weapon regardless don't hate because those idiots decided their weapons to be snow balls!!! as a matter a fact, it looked to me as if they were all loitering infront of a closed business, bring the patty wagon everyone can go to jail!
pastang
pastang
BOSS
BOSS

Number of posts : 417
Registration date : 2009-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by chrisverneuil Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:44 pm

PRO50SC wrote:
Boss281 wrote:Ain't that the truth Bernie...
You know, it's sad. Most of the time when you open a door for someone or let them in traffic, they can't be bothered to even acknowledge your good gesture. Once in a while someone will wave or say thanks, but most of the time, nothing. That pisses me off more than anything. Makes me just want to be an inconsiderate prick. But then I realize that's not how I was raised and that would make me no better than those I despise. So I guess I'll just keep being me.
Soo true. Just like over the weekend. Me and my buddie helped out a few ppl who needed help and everyone before them just passed them with no consideration. And I was in the position also. I needed some help and ppl didnt bother to help. Like last night some Young lady with her baby in walmart parking lot slid on some ice and her car got stuck in a snow bank. More than one person say her and didnt do anything. Me and my buddie helped her out. Took all of two minutes to help her out. Not like it was out of our way to do it considering we were going into wall mart and we were already ther. Gotta rant... 311771
chrisverneuil
chrisverneuil
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Number of posts : 1610
Registration date : 2009-06-11

Back to top Go down

Post by TT_05_Stang Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:59 pm

People have no decency these days...

Saturday night I went out with the truck and started pulling poeple out of ditches. The first car I came by was 4 young guys pushing a mazda 6 with low profile tires. I thought to myself, oh jeez another bunch of punks who shouldnt be out. Well something told me to stop and help. Come to find out they were midship's in for the holidays. I hooked up to them, and asked where they needed to go. It was about 10 miles away, and I told them I would tow them there. Towed them back, and without a flinch, the kid hands me $80, and says thanks and shakes my hand. I would have given him his money back if his parents didnt have such a huge house on the severn river... The kid was from the old school, and he will turn out well.

I pulled out over 30 cars that night, some were as nice, but most just thought it was my job... the last one pissed me off to no end. I am helping an older man in a mini, by pushing to get him through the intersection, and this 2wd dodge truck comes blasting around the corner, almost hits us, and promptly gets stuck in a snowbank. He has the thing spinning as high as the engine will go to try to get unstuck. I get the man on his way and just watch this guy. Well he gets the truck twisted where the entire intersection is blocked. I didnt want to help, but I kept thinking that it was a hazzard there. So I went ahead and asked if he needed help. I snatched him out and towed him about 1/2 mile to his house. no later than I get the tow strap undone, he shuts his door, and walks in his house. Not a thanks, not a nod or anything. I wanted to hook up to his truck again and lodge it into a snowbank.

As for the Cop. They have taken that position to protect the people, and they know what can happen in their positions. However pulling a gun, in that situation was not out of fear, or for a lawfull act of protecting lives, or citizens, or property. It was a power trip on his part. The gun was not needed in that situation. It just made the situation worse. The officer who calmed the people down and had HIS weapon holstered, used wisdom, and not stupidity, of showing brute force. All of the people there should have been arested for loitering, and causing a disturbance. They all are worthless pieces of shitsturring, punks. One bad action doesnt make the Cop in any way "Right". There has been more people struck by lightning than deaths by snowballs. The cop can no longer do his job properly, therefore should change his way of thinking, "that he can get his way, by wielding a gun", or be helped out of his position.

Last edited by TT_05_Stang on Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
TT_05_Stang
TT_05_Stang
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 5329

Back to top Go down

Post by Boss281 Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:04 pm

Will, kudos to you for helping out stranded drivers. Real class man...
Boss281
Boss281
Geek Stangs
Geek Stangs

Back to top Go down

Post by 05RedDevil Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:49 pm

Will is a great person as are all people on this site. Three cheers for Will Gotta rant... 633617

My brother and I helped a couple people and they were all grateful but I guess we just lucked out
05RedDevil
05RedDevil
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Number of posts : 1390
Registration date : 2008-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post by TT_05_Stang Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:04 pm

05RedDevil wrote:Will is a great person as are all people on this site. Three cheers for Will Gotta rant... 633617

My brother and I helped a couple people and they were all grateful but I guess we just lucked out

Haha such BS.... I'm and asshole really!!!

Hey just got my phone... somehow I lost it after we grabbed a beer. I just got your text.
TT_05_Stang
TT_05_Stang
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 5329

Back to top Go down

Post by svtwin73 Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:40 pm

I agree that the didnt need the gun, he couldnt keep a good footing. He could of slipped and killed someone over a snowball.
svtwin73
svtwin73
BOSS
BOSS

Number of posts : 488
Registration date : 2008-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Mike226 Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:07 pm

Sorry John bout the bookstore incident but thing with the cop knowing the area grew up blooks from there I would have to. If it had been little kids of course not but group teenagers who probably after they hit the car started talking trash and after the saw the gun and knew he was a officer one of them threw a snow ball at him.
Big Mike226
Big Mike226
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Number of posts : 1104
Registration date : 2007-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post by joshmillslane Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:33 am

Wow, I just got back from vacation, so I haven't seen any of this besides the youtube clip.

Here's what I see:

A video starting from the point where he has his gun out. What happened before that? I'm thinking he's off duty and sees an unruly mob loitering in the street. A snowball fight, but is that all that's going on there? Might be hard to tell from the vehicle just passing by. He stops and identifies himself as a Police Officer and tries to get them to dispurse. Suddenly he finds himself seriously outnumbered by a hostile group of assholes, pelting him with snowballs. You can clearly see him on the radio calling for backup. As far as pulling his weapon goes - it could be justified depending on his intentions. Outnumbered? Facing a much larger opponent? About to get hit with a ball of ice that could potentially incapacitate you or cause a debilitating injury to the eyes? Like it or not, it does meet the criteria for deadly force, which he did not use. He did pull his weapon as a means of control, but I did not see him point it at anyone. I don't think anyone in the crowd was really afraid for their lives, as they continued to harass and throw stuff at him despite the gun - I almost had to laugh when one of those guys said he didn't feel safe with the Officer there - rediculous, and typical of complaints on Police Officers.

Throwing something at anyone (missiles) - illegal.
Throwing something at a Police Officer - even more illegal.
Screaming "Fuck you, Pig!" - illegal.
Standing in the street/disrupting the flow of traffic - illegal
Why more of those hippies weren't arrested is beyond me.

Ever been hit in the ear with a snowball? It sucks. How long would you stand there and let me throw S@%# at you before you react?
joshmillslane
joshmillslane
RUSTY MUSTANG
RUSTY MUSTANG

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2009-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next