Maryland Patriot Stangs & Fords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arguement, Nissan inline6 can make more Horses than a V8

5 posters

Go down

Arguement, Nissan inline6 can make more Horses than a V8 Empty Arguement, Nissan inline6 can make more Horses than a V8

Post by Guest Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:40 am

I had a argument with a few import friends who swear a skyline, supra or Z can produce more horsepower and a faster 1/4 time than any American V8. They think the japanese v6 is the god of all motors. And thats with everything on both engines, forced induction, nos, boost you name it.

Back to top Go down

Arguement, Nissan inline6 can make more Horses than a V8 Empty Re: Arguement, Nissan inline6 can make more Horses than a V8

Post by prodrifterx Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:52 am

skyline and supra id say yes. they are also inline 6cylinders not v6s.
prodrifterx
prodrifterx
COBRA
COBRA

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Back to top Go down

Arguement, Nissan inline6 can make more Horses than a V8 Empty Re: Arguement, Nissan inline6 can make more Horses than a V8

Post by Guest Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:18 pm

ive seen acura 4 cylinders kick the crap out of American iron.. just how you build it

Back to top Go down

Post by Silverstang Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:13 pm

sad to say but the japanese and euro car makers can get so much more than we seem to able to out of a smaller motor. Last year I sold my 1996 benz amg that had a v6 and I know it could run down my 2005 v8 mustang in the 1/4 mile.
Silverstang
Silverstang
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Number of posts : 1128
Registration date : 2008-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by TT_05_Stang Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:27 pm

plain physics... For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. As your able to cram more air and fuel into a engine, than it will make more power. Since the V8 has more cubes/piston face/cumbustion chamber size, than it WILL make more power/Torque.

If that was the case you could just keep adding boost to a 4cly and run a tug boat. But no, you need larger displacement to compensate for cyl pressure. As you get closer to the type of fuel, combustion pressure, you cant just turn up the boost. You must increase the area so you can add more fuel/air mixture to make more power.

Putting it simple, if all things were equal. same fuel/compression. The larger displacement motor will make more power. more fuel and air will be consumed by the larger motor.

Now if your talking stock for stock... then yes there are 4cyl and v6's that make more power than american v8's. That is due to the restrictions on emissions that V8's have to meet. In 2010 they are talking about banning v8's, just for this reason.

you take a supra, with the 2jz motor, with the largest turbo you can put in it. It will make around 1500-1700hp and about 600 torque maxed out. You take a 302, 351, 409, any v8 and you put the largest turbo on that motor, it will make easily 2k+ hp and 1800 torque. Its just plain physics, larger motor will be able to ingest more air/fuel wich makes more power. Of course this is in an even environment.

You find me a 2jz motor all tricked out, all NA, that can produce over 700hp. Nascar motors do that every weekend. Show me a nissan motor NA that will produce 700rwhp out of 332 cubes. Underdog's notch runs a 332, 5.4 block, destroked to 3.4(4.6 stock stroke), for a motor that turns 10k+ rpm's. As with any combustion motor the more air you can get in the more power you can make.

Lastly what do 400RWHP mustangs and 800RWHP supras have in common?

11 second timeslips....

Its the torque that makes the numbers...

Will
TT_05_Stang
TT_05_Stang
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 5329
Registration date : 2007-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by mjr46 Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:16 pm

you must remember one thin the skyline and supra are not N/A cars they are turbocharged....take the boost off them and what do ya' got!! a fat ugly turd and slow

mjr46
BOSS
BOSS

Number of posts : 649
Registration date : 2008-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by prodrifterx Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:27 pm

still dependant on the build.....there was a r33 skyline i remember readin about in one of my magazines that had a ITB setup(individual throttle body) and produced say 600+ torque and hp to the wheels...still have magazine i will review it and post more about it...yet it was a inline 6 still. N/A built.
prodrifterx
prodrifterx
COBRA
COBRA

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by mjr46 Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:33 pm

I'd still rather have the roar of an american v-8 than the sound of a bumble bee stuck in a jar

mjr46
BOSS
BOSS

Number of posts : 649
Registration date : 2008-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:34 pm

I would just want the fastest car.. if i need the rumble ill but in a recording to the bullitt mustang and blast my speakers

Back to top Go down

Post by 250mav Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:32 pm

most of the guys racing v8's are working with blocks and heads that were originally casted in the 1950's-1960's

the 5.0 in you stang is pretty much an attempt at modernizing a motor that first came out in the early 60's

japan and european comapnies have the avantage of modern techonlogy on theyr side. and they way things are going now, the domestic companies are having a hard enough time staying alive, much less compeating in international muscle car wars with companies that are already doing much better

if i wanted a modern fast car it probably wouldnt be domestic, not that they have much to offer anyway

if i wanted a Classic car it would definatly be domestic. not necessarly because theyre faster then what's on the table today, because theyre not, i just apperciate the styling, mechanics and history so much more
250mav
250mav
MACH 1
MACH 1

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2008-02-25

http://www.myspace.com/oldsg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down