Maryland Patriot Stangs & Fords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Return fuel system question

3 posters

Go down

Return fuel system question Empty Return fuel system question

Post by Cammed06gt Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:32 am

I'm in the process of swapping my 94' 5.0 into my Toyota truck and I was trying to figure out what I could do with the return line of the fuel rail. The truck doesn't have a return line on and other than running a new line could it just be caped off and adjust the fuel regulator down... Engine isn't in the truck yet but just trying to plan things out. I don't know how it's going to run without a return line. Anyhelp would be great!!

Cammed06gt
RUSTY MUSTANG
RUSTY MUSTANG

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2011-06-09

Back to top Go down

Return fuel system question Empty Re: Return fuel system question

Post by TT_05_Stang Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:54 am

You would have to change fuel pump, and fuel pump regulator, and use a fuel pump driver module.

Much more expensive then running 10' of braided line back to the tank.
TT_05_Stang
TT_05_Stang
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 5329
Registration date : 2007-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Boss281 Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:56 am

Cammed06gt wrote:I'm in the process of swapping my 94' 5.0 into my Toyota truck and I was trying to figure out what I could do with the return line of the fuel rail. The truck doesn't have a return line on and other than running a new line could it just be caped off and adjust the fuel regulator down... Engine isn't in the truck yet but just trying to plan things out. I don't know how it's going to run without a return line. Anyhelp would be great!!

I'm sure folks convert return fuel systems to returnless all the time, but Occam's Razor (the simplest approach is often the best) appears to apply here: why not just run the line to the fuel tank for the excess fuel? Capping it off puts fuel pressure at 100psi or above, and I think you'd be chasing the pressure with the fuel regulator.

Sounds like a fun project. 302s find there way into all sorts of vehicles (Volvos, Hondas, the old MGBs....)...
Boss281
Boss281
Geek Stangs
Geek Stangs

Number of posts : 1719
Registration date : 2007-12-06

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2059455

Back to top Go down

Post by Boss281 Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:57 am

TT_05_Stang wrote:You would have to change fuel pump, and fuel pump regulator, and use a fuel pump driver module.

Much more expensive then running 10' of braided line back to the tank.

Will got to it first, but yeah, what he said...
Boss281
Boss281
Geek Stangs
Geek Stangs

Number of posts : 1719
Registration date : 2007-12-06

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2059455

Back to top Go down

Post by Cammed06gt Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:27 pm

Got ya... I just figured the easiest way out was to eliminate it and adjust since must systems don't have returns. The truck already has a mustang walbro 255 without a return line but I'm sure the ecu makes the proper adjustments where as the mustang ecu would not ... Looks like I will just run a line into a tank vent that's no being used anymore

Cammed06gt
RUSTY MUSTANG
RUSTY MUSTANG

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2011-06-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down