Maryland Patriot Stangs & Fords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trying to figure out new exhaust system

5 posters

Go down

Trying to figure out new exhaust system Empty Trying to figure out new exhaust system

Post by nicholasa631 Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:21 pm

Alright so I'm wanting to do an exhaust system on my 07 mustang gt. I love the deep rumble of the h pipe and flowmaster american thunder axle back exhaust I've heard on youtube. My thing is I know the x pipe will give better power, but I'm not exactly a fan of the raspy sound of the x pipe system. I was wondering if there is a long tube, x pipe, and axle back exhaust system combo would give a nice deep rumble such as the nice deep sound of the clasics, or am I just being wishful and wanting something isn't going to really give that sound and give all the best power
nicholasa631
nicholasa631
MACH 1
MACH 1

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2013-05-22

Back to top Go down

Trying to figure out new exhaust system Empty Re: Trying to figure out new exhaust system

Post by Big Blue Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:37 pm

I do suggest that you find someone that actually has the setup you want that you can hear in person, you tube can't tell you what it really sounds like.
Big Blue
Big Blue
Founder
Founder

Number of posts : 4368
Registration date : 2007-09-19

http://www.mdpatriotstangs.com

Back to top Go down

Trying to figure out new exhaust system Empty Re: Trying to figure out new exhaust system

Post by Great White Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:37 pm

The power gains from a X-pipe are minimal at best, and they sound too high pitched to make 3 hp worth it IMO. Stick with the H if you want deep sounding exhaust, if you can pick up the Bullit exhaust (off Bullit mustang) they sound absolutely amazing on the 4.6
Great White
Great White
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 2514
Registration date : 2009-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by nicholasa631 Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:52 pm

Big Blue wrote:I do suggest that you find someone that actually has the setup you want that you can hear in person, you tube can't tell you what it really sounds like.
Very good point. Does anyone have a s197 gt with long tube headers and an h pip that would be willing to meet up? Now with the h pipe are off road ones able to pass emissions or is there away around it? lol
nicholasa631
nicholasa631
MACH 1
MACH 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Boss281 Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:03 am

I have long tubes, h-pipe and two sets of mufflers (loud and quieter).  Sounds good to me...
Boss281
Boss281
Geek Stangs
Geek Stangs

Number of posts : 1719
Registration date : 2007-12-06

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2059455

Back to top Go down

Post by nicholasa631 Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:39 am

Where abouts are you and when/where is a good meeting area and time for you?
nicholasa631
nicholasa631
MACH 1
MACH 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Great White Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:20 am

Maybe John will be so kind to Grace us with his presence at the Cotoctin Mountain Cruise Next weekend. That would be a great opportunity to hear his set up
Great White
Great White
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 2514
Registration date : 2009-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by rgoddard Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:05 pm

Boss281 wrote:I have long tubes, h-pipe and two sets of mufflers (loud and quieter).  Sounds good to me...
Same setup here and very happy
rgoddard
rgoddard
BOSS
BOSS

Number of posts : 421
Registration date : 2011-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down