Maryland Patriot Stangs & Fords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fox Emissions / anyone have LT catted mid

5 posters

Go down

Fox Emissions / anyone have LT catted mid Empty Fox Emissions / anyone have LT catted mid

Post by RTW0223 Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:58 pm

I have my emissions due April 4th.  I am wondering what you all ' s suggestions are. I have heard from a couple of you but wanna see other opinions.

I don't have any cats on my car so I am wondering if anyone has a long tube catted mid pipe for an 87-93.  This would be preferable to just go ahead and pass emissions and stick with my current plates.  Second option is to just get historic tags. As most of you know, historic tags have restrictions,  of which not many people adhere to. So that's a gamble. Plus, my insurance gives me the option of adding a "aftermarket insurance" which insures all my aftermarket parts at market value. This I don't think would go over so well if I also had historic tags.

I spoke with JJ at Woodbine who tuned it and he said it should pass with cats. If you're unaware,  this fox is now supercharged.

Also,  how do drag tracks or circuit tracks react to historic plates, if at all?

What are ya'lls thoughts?
RTW0223
RTW0223
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Number of posts : 1850
Registration date : 2008-10-19

https://www.facebook.com/ryan.wuerfl

Back to top Go down

Fox Emissions / anyone have LT catted mid Empty Re: Fox Emissions / anyone have LT catted mid

Post by mjr46 Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:04 am

track doesn't care what tags are on the car, as nearly half the race cars there don't run plates/nor are registered

mjr46
BOSS
BOSS

Number of posts : 649
Registration date : 2008-02-16

Back to top Go down

Fox Emissions / anyone have LT catted mid Empty Re: Fox Emissions / anyone have LT catted mid

Post by Guest Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:50 pm

Historic tags---overall cheaper and this car isn't your daily driver anyways. Remove the hassle and change the tags and then you can leave as big a carbon foot print you want.  Fox Emissions / anyone have LT catted mid 10498 

Just a thought

Back to top Go down

Post by RTW0223 Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:00 pm

6-71 wrote:Historic tags---overall cheaper and this car isn't your daily driver anyways.  Remove the hassle and change the tags and then you can leave as big a carbon foot print you want.   Fox Emissions / anyone have LT catted mid 10498 

Just a thought  

That's my line of thought, but that also provides a greater opportunity for trouble than normal tags.  However, my car already technically isn't 'legal' so adding historic tags to a modified vehicle (against rules of historic tags) wouldnt be changing the legality of my car.  But....whatever ha
RTW0223
RTW0223
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Back to top Go down

Post by RTW0223 Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:29 pm

Well I just now bought a bbk shorty catted h-pipe for $100 of its normal value.  Hopefully this will ensure me passing.  I just do not want to have to be limited on driving it or worry about the constant threat from the kentucky five oh lol
RTW0223
RTW0223
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Back to top Go down

Post by RTW0223 Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:38 pm

Just passed emissions!!!!  woot woot

HC 124 ppm / 200 ppm
Co  0.00%  / 1.00 %
RTW0223
RTW0223
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Back to top Go down

Post by Great White Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:45 pm

did you go through with or without the cats?
Great White
Great White
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 2514
Registration date : 2009-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by RTW0223 Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:45 pm

Great White wrote:did you go through with or without the cats?

With the cats
RTW0223
RTW0223
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Back to top Go down

Post by Great White Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:50 pm

Fox Emissions / anyone have LT catted mid 858264 I was hoping to hear the opposite
Great White
Great White
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 2514
Registration date : 2009-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:33 pm

Great White wrote:Fox Emissions / anyone have LT catted mid 858264 I was hoping to hear the opposite

Yes me too. But at least he is in compliance and might be able to rest better.

Back to top Go down

Post by RTW0223 Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:39 pm

the cats are coming off and wont come back out for another 2 years haha
RTW0223
RTW0223
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaysfiveohhh Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:39 pm

I made I through emissions right after my car was tuned at JPC and that's with a turbo and no cats. since then I finally got my historic plates so im done with that nonsense...lol

Jaysfiveohhh

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2014-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Blue Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:50 am

RTW0223 wrote:
6-71 wrote:Historic tags---overall cheaper and this car isn't your daily driver anyways.  Remove the hassle and change the tags and then you can leave as big a carbon foot print you want.   Fox Emissions / anyone have LT catted mid 10498 

Just a thought  

That's my line of thought, but that also provides a greater opportunity for trouble than normal tags.  However, my car already technically isn't 'legal' so adding historic tags to a modified vehicle (against rules of historic tags) wouldnt be changing the legality of my car.  But....whatever ha
I dont think thats right, and even if it is, you can go with the Hot Rod tags, the rules for driving are the same as the historic, and eather one doesnt require inspection, I asked when I got the plates for the II
Big Blue
Big Blue
Founder
Founder

Number of posts : 4368
Registration date : 2007-09-19

http://www.mdpatriotstangs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down