Maryland Patriot Stangs & Fords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What to do with O2 sensor harness?

3 posters

Go down

What to do with O2 sensor harness?  Empty What to do with O2 sensor harness?

Post by rgoddard Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:22 pm

Ok my 97 cobra has been a project and I am not that far away from getting it on the road. Getting cats on it shouldn't have been a big deal but I have a problem. The rear O2 sensor harness melted on the exhaust and it's pretty much trash. I actually can't even separate it from the actual sensors. I was told you can splice/solder them back together. Anyone know my options or where I can get a factory full harness that goes up the engine bay?
rgoddard
rgoddard
BOSS
BOSS

Number of posts : 421
Registration date : 2011-08-30

Back to top Go down

What to do with O2 sensor harness?  Empty Re: What to do with O2 sensor harness?

Post by nicholasa631 Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:31 am

depending on how much your willing to pay, you could go through ford. I would suggest going onto fordparts.com getting the exact part number you need and look around online. I can speak with a few people and see possible other suggestions tomorrow afternoon as well
nicholasa631
nicholasa631
MACH 1
MACH 1

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2013-05-22

Back to top Go down

What to do with O2 sensor harness?  Empty Re: What to do with O2 sensor harness?

Post by rgoddard Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:59 am

Any help would be great because it's all apart and it's just kinda sitting......
rgoddard
rgoddard
BOSS
BOSS

Back to top Go down

Post by mjr46 Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:19 am

I would repair the harness not replace it fully........I've extended and repaired harnesses and not had a problem before

mjr46
BOSS
BOSS

Number of posts : 649
Registration date : 2008-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by rgoddard Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:43 am

I was afraid that resistance could be an issue but if that is not a problem I will just do it.
rgoddard
rgoddard
BOSS
BOSS

Back to top Go down

Post by mjr46 Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:44 am

rgoddard wrote:I was afraid that resistance could be an issue but if that is not a problem I will just do it.
just keep it relatively the same length and or strand wire

mjr46
BOSS
BOSS

Number of posts : 649
Registration date : 2008-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by rgoddard Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:52 am

I will do my best. I just figured out it has a TKO 3550 tranny in it too. I had this unused connector at the back of the tail shaft area. turns out its not supposed to go to anything on this car. 2 days figuring out that one lol.
rgoddard
rgoddard
BOSS
BOSS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down