Maryland Patriot Stangs & Fords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

O2 Sensor continued issue

2 posters

Go down

O2 Sensor continued issue Empty O2 Sensor continued issue

Post by nicholasa631 Fri May 08, 2015 12:23 pm

I know some O2 sensors use the back side of the sensor to measure the oxygen difference from the exhaust pipe and outside air. I'm wondering if the Ford design uses that set up and also wondering if a exhaust header bolts backed off slightly and has caused a small leak would that cause the sensor to read high voltage? If that is not the case then the only other two options that could cause the issue would be a short somewhere in the wiring, or another possibility is that the tune is off just enough to cause bank 1 to run richer which in turn causes the O2 to go bad and makes that side constantly run richer and richer. Outside of switching sides are there any other simple tests I can do to confirm which of the possibilities this issue is? I've been tempted to remove the tune and return to stock however due to the CAI, L/T Headders and lack of cats, I'm worried of causing any engine problems or damaging something. If it is infact the tune that is bad I have a shop ready to do a custom tune for me but the issue needs to be solved first
nicholasa631
nicholasa631
MACH 1
MACH 1

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2013-05-22

Back to top Go down

O2 Sensor continued issue Empty Re: O2 Sensor continued issue

Post by mjr46 Sat May 09, 2015 10:50 pm

return tune to stock and see what happens Nick.........your car has adaptive strategy so it can self correct for any lean/rich conditions....not sure what max values are but most cars nowadays have a corrective strategy of close to 25% and I have see some as high as 35% on different makes

mjr46
BOSS
BOSS

Number of posts : 649
Registration date : 2008-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by nicholasa631 Sun May 10, 2015 7:50 pm

Will do, will also take the care over to a dyno tuning shop and have a real tune put in
nicholasa631
nicholasa631
MACH 1
MACH 1

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2013-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down