Maryland Patriot Stangs & Fords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Car Trouble

5 posters

Go down

Car Trouble Empty Car Trouble

Post by KingMucha Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:30 am

Deeper and deeper i dig my hole. As some of you may know, my reverse broke a little while back. I haven't been able to get tit to my uncles shop yep because my alternator stopped charging the battery on the way home from the green turtle anniversary party. Scarry story, i was on 95 and there was no shoulder and my car stalled out cause of no battery and my lights were out at 11:00 on 95. Thank God, i had just enough momentum to get around the barrier that was right against the highway. Only just though. So I bought a "new" alternator from salvo so i could have it right away but that one was a dud. It turns out it was rebuilt and didn't work. As you know, when you change an alternator out you have to undo the ground on your battery. Today i was loosening the bolt and my "nipple" broke off. I went and got a new battery from pep boys and that's done. i ordered a new alternator from cj's so that should come soon. On top of that, my service engine light has come on. Also, for a while now it has become routine to top off my brake fluid every month. All this kinda happened at once the day before i was gonna order exhaust headers back.. Real bummer but im glad it happened before and not after. Anyway, that's been my week. Car Trouble 20541 Car Trouble 20541 Car Trouble 20541 Car Trouble 20541 A little bit of Car Trouble 41842 a whole lot of Car Trouble 366112 and then some Car Trouble 268252
KingMucha
KingMucha
BOSS
BOSS

Number of posts : 480
Registration date : 2008-10-22

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3209227

Back to top Go down

Car Trouble Empty Re: Car Trouble

Post by TT_05_Stang Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:44 am

KingMucha wrote:get tit to my uncles shop

Haha, you bring some T&A and I will work on your car LOL....

Anyways, unfortunately I know how you feel. It comes in huge waves of bad luck... Anyways, 90% of the time the CEL is due to an O2 senser going out. However in your case, its possibly a charging issue, or bad code due to low voltage. Get your uncle to pull the codes after you fix the alt, and charging situation.

Best of luck at you...
TT_05_Stang
TT_05_Stang
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 5329
Registration date : 2007-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by SVT_N8 Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:47 am

yah i was thinking the same thing. the CEL could be caused by the alternator going bad. That happened once on a toyota i had.
SVT_N8
SVT_N8
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 4102
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by kooldawg6 Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:31 am

First off, glad you got yourself and the car off the highway unhurt! Changing an alternator on a car is never fun unless you have a lift... To me, if you're adding brake fluid often, you possibly have a leak somewhere. I'd get that checked out!
kooldawg6
kooldawg6
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 4896
Registration date : 2007-12-19

Back to top Go down

Post by TT_05_Stang Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:39 am

Check around the rear drum. Real wheel cyl have a tendency to leak before anything else. If its dry, then check the front calipers.
TT_05_Stang
TT_05_Stang
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 5329
Registration date : 2007-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMucha Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:31 am

thanks. I've never had a problem with replacing alternators. This one only took me an hour on the ground. But yeah it was scary as SH1T not being able to get over.
KingMucha
KingMucha
BOSS
BOSS

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMucha Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:47 pm

its not my alternator or my battery. I need to chaeck the connections.
KingMucha
KingMucha
BOSS
BOSS

Back to top Go down

Post by prodrifterx Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:41 pm

in regards to car shutting off it could be an ignition switch or problem of the sort....ive done many lately due to random cut out.....my dads envoy did it to me on rt100. if ignition loses voltage signal or signal drops too low the pcm/vcu...etc will not request signal or use of any components.

again more needs to be done for a diagnosis but a suggestion....scan the vehicle and inform if any codes present. or see if it happens again....pay the diag fee of 1hr at a ford dealer so they can screw with it and then we can all go from there to furhter aid you.
prodrifterx
prodrifterx
COBRA
COBRA

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMucha Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:53 pm

i fixed the alternator. It turns out, when i replaced the alternator it blew a fuse. I was makin sure all the connections were good and that's when i found it. So now i can drive it to my uncles shop and rebuild reverse. Also im seafoaming it tonight. Thats a good thing to do right cause it's tacking right now.
KingMucha
KingMucha
BOSS
BOSS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down