Maryland Patriot Stangs & Fords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Censorship and Club Direction

+10
VegasGT
zporta
pikuoff
Big Blue
1FUN5.0
05RedDevil
TT_05_Stang
DarkNightV6
Boss281
prodrifterx
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Censorship and Club Direction - Page 2 Empty Re: Censorship and Club Direction

Post by prodrifterx Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:10 pm

changed title now.

we are all adults,

if you dont like something calmly mention such so it can be discussed.
if you dont wanna talk about it suck it up, and GTFO! or STFU!
if you dont agree with siomething and others enjoy it then deal with it and dont view the matter/content within.

sponsors and such id hate to see us involved with bc it will end up political. to much red tape and cant do and cant express, and cant say this like so many other clubs. dont get me wrong they are great clubs, they have some great people, but i dont post much or talk to them much bc of who i am. i speak and act as who i am, if i always have to be editted and im decently pc usually, i walk away. so many ppl enjoy those sites why do i need to be a child and wreak havoc. but the difference lies in the fact that they were like that from the time i joined them so i had no change to fear or deal with.

we are not the police, no need to worrry about youngins on here and if they are they are lieing about age and theyd face an issue with the provider if somethign went that far.

we need to have less pruning of old topics, we need less thread hijacking in any thread that was on a serious note. expect most lounge threads to be hijacked, but try not to do it to them all.

we are a close knit club on the basis of freedom fun etc. lets not lose that.

go in and set things straight or ban someone, why edit posts. imo it shows what that person was like. if you edit that post you might as well delete the thread. theres no difference!
prodrifterx
prodrifterx
COBRA
COBRA

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by 05RedDevil Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:33 pm

Yes, fun. I agree totally.
Where did the whole censorship discussion come from?
No one is forced to be in this club so what problems are there?
Can someone please fill me in
05RedDevil
05RedDevil
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Number of posts : 1390
Registration date : 2008-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post by zporta Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:03 pm

im down for whatever but i like the fun atmosphere on here...we get along well and dont have problems with eachother...
zporta
zporta
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 4696
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Blue Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:05 pm

Just a few points

first
I'm with you all on the Lounge, thats what its for, if a thread gets hijacked in the lounge, no big deal, {please don't hijack this one though}.
And on the lounge also, its not seen by unregistered people, so its not a big deal, and with all the crazy stuff we have put on hear, I don't see any of it as over the line, we ride rite on the line, but thats OK, thats what makes it fun.

As for kids, the ones that will look at our site are future Mustang & Ford enthusiasts, and there looking up to us, and the more they get to see the fun we have the more interested in the whole car thing they get, now you wont see them registered, because there not old enough to register, so, they cant see the lounge, so its not an issue anyway, as long as we keep the public part of the forum relatively clean, they can still see the pics of the cars and find out where the shows and things are, so they can get there parents to take them, and it doesn't keep us from saying what we want and horsing around in the Lounge, so the kids are not a problem.

I don't like the idea of sponsors at all, for the same reasons all ready expressed by others earlier in this thread.

As for things being removed or edited, this whole thing came out of a new member, made a mistake, just because he didn't know, I really don't think he meant any harm by it, but, he bashed another club on our forum, and its bad enough to do that, but it was an associate club of ours, and some of there members are our members, and some of us are members of there club, so it was even worse.
Now when we started this club, another club {who shall re mane nameless hear, some of you know who it is, but please, don't say there name} bashed us on a couple of forums, and they got labeled as trouble makers in the community, and they still have that label today, 1 year later, I don't want to see our club get such a label, we have a great club here, and thats why I edited the posts, all I took out was the club bashing, but there are several folks here who think it was wrong of me to just go ahead and do that without asking the rest of the club, but how many more people would have seen the club bashing by the time it got fixed, I was only trying to protect our club, I didn't do it maliciously.
Ok, now everyone knows what happened, I will not edit or remove any more posts without first talking to at least 3 other admin from now on, of course that ties the hands of any Moderator, but I don't want all this again, I hope we don't have any posts that will tarnish us before we get everything figured out, but please understand, I did what I did to protect our club, for that I am guilty.

Now we will get threw this just as we have gotten threw other tough problems, so keep the info coming, I think we're on to something good hear.

Last edited by Big Blue on Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Big Blue
Big Blue
Founder
Founder

Number of posts : 4368
Registration date : 2007-09-19

http://www.mdpatriotstangs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Croft Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:08 pm

Roger That!!
Croft
Croft
Cruise Director
Cruise Director

Number of posts : 4206
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:27 pm

Secondly I know the point of kids viewing the site. I have been here for over a year, and have not seen anyone log in under the age of 16. I don’t think it’s our job to police what kid’s view, that’s their parent’s job.

you still have to remember the forum is subject to the terms and conditions set forth by forum motion. if you want to have a free for all section get a sponsor and start collecting dues and pay for your own site. then your e board can set the rules accordingly, or lack there of.

Back to top Go down

Post by Big-B Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:18 pm

TT_05_Stang wrote:It’s good that we sit down and discuss this as a club/group.

I for one am against too much change, and firmly against too many rules. We have been here a year as a club, and being just the way we are, we have brought in some of the nicest, chilled out people around. I for one, think that we need to keep that atmosphere. The core group of members, know how to have fun responsibly. I also am a firm believer in letting things be as in life. If I don’t like something in life, I either deal with it, or I choose to look the other way. If someone doesn’t like a post, or picture, or some content someone posted, as long as there is nothing malicious about it, what is it really hurting you? Are we not all adults? Can we not make our own decisions on what we let ourselves view, or do you need rules to help you out?

Secondly I know the point of kids viewing the site. I have been here for over a year, and have not seen anyone log in under the age of 16. I don’t think it’s our job to police what kid’s view, that’s their parent’s job.

Thirdly I know there was some mention of site sponsors, or club sponsors. Personally once clubs/sites get too wrapped up in sponsors, it ends up being way too political. It takes everything what this club was founded for, and we then have to live by their rules.

Lastly, I know there has been discussion on hijacked threads. It’s inevitable. There isn’t one single car forum that I am on that the topic is swayed. However… There are some guidelines that I follow when moderating other car forums. It is the THREAD OWNERS responsibility to keep things on topic. They can do this by posting either more information on the thread subject, or politely ask the member(s) to make their own thread. Oh and if you post in the lounge… it’s a free fall.
NO HIJACKING – POSTS WILL BE DELETED
1. Tech Threads
2. Events
3. Welcome Threads
Will I'll agree w/ all of your post except the last paragraph. I don't think it's the job of the O/P to keep the thread on track. How can one do that? It's called respect. That of the fellow members to have towards another and not jack the thread. If there is some slight variance like they are doing something similar than fine. But I have seen MOST threads go in completely different directions, A LOT!!! To me, it's simply lack of respect. I for one don't like that shyt one bit. Now, if a thread has gone a few pages, and the topic is pretty much covered, then IMO it's not really hurting anything. But to have it happen w/i the first couple of pages, no good.
Big-B
Big-B
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 6053
Registration date : 2007-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2