Maryland Patriot Stangs & Fords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FRPP Handling Pack

+3
kooldawg6
zporta
vack
7 posters

Go down

FRPP Handling Pack Empty FRPP Handling Pack

Post by vack Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:01 pm

Wife and I worked out a "PACT" and if I want I can get the FRPP Handling Pack, complete with Struts, Springs, Shocks, Sway Bars, and the Strut Tower Brace (Gimmick IMO). I also just received my CHE upper adj control arm with tubular mount, and double adjustable panhard bar today in the mail.......I'll snap some pics, CHE really makes some very nice products, I have the LCA's over a year now.

So anywho, here's my questions.

I get this set up, get it on, and what issues should I look for that I may run into? IE, I have the SPYDER shaft one piece Drive shaft, (that is what the Adj UCA is for to adjust the pinion angle) but other than that will I have issues with the DS? The kit supposedly comes with the Camber bolts to adjust the proper camber on the front struts. Is there any other issues I should look for besides the camber? The Double Adj Panhard bar, is that sufficient to relocate the rear axle assembly after the suspension kit is on and in place?

Also is this kit worth the cabbage I'm about to shell out for it? Does anyone have a Shelby GT, or an S197 with this handling pack on it, and can you give me some reviews. I have looked around I can get the Eibach kit cheeper, but I'm a sucker for Blue, and a bigger sucker for Ford Racing Products. I hear this kit is pretty good, but I'm going to order Friday, so if anyone has any info. Let a fellow MD stanger from PA know.

vack out

Pics of CHE Parts
FRPP Handling Pack 009

vack
MACH 1
MACH 1

Number of posts : 229
Registration date : 2008-02-18

Back to top Go down

FRPP Handling Pack Empty Re: FRPP Handling Pack

Post by zporta Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:21 pm

that UCA looks so small where the coupler nut is.... depending on my tax money im getting Metco UCA/LCA's
zporta
zporta
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 4696
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by kooldawg6 Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:23 am

There are better kits out there than the FRPP kit. A buddy of mine has it and quickly found out it handles quite nice on the twisties, but for straight line...it sucks!!!!!
Though a few hundred more than the FRPP kit, but you get better pats IMO.
http://www.bmrfabrication.com/2005MustangPACKAGES.htm

Word to the wise...I currently have the Steeda adjustable panhard bar (exactly like your CHE) and it's been a pain!!!!! It's a PITA to adjust the bar as both of the jamb nuts are at the very ends (passenger side goes up inside a bracket and it's impossible to get a wrench on the nut and turn it) which means: you install the bar...lower the car...measure how far it's off...jack the car back up...loosen the bolt on driver side...remove the bolt from the passenger side...drop that end of the bar...readjust...pray it's right...refasten/tighten bolts...drop car...remeasure...repeat if still not right FRPP Handling Pack 20541
The BMR adjustable bar allows you to make adjustments without loosening or removing the end bolts at all! I installed one of these on a buddy's car and what a dream it was to adjust compared to my Steeda bar! I now have a BMR adjusable sitting awaiting install when I get my car back next week FRPP Handling Pack 10498
kooldawg6
kooldawg6
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 4896
Registration date : 2007-12-19

Back to top Go down

Post by kooldawg6 Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:33 am

Here, you can see where the panhard bar goes inside the bracket (just wide enough to slide the bar end up into) making it impossible to get to it while it's bolted in.

(Steeda panhard bar is the silver bar that goes into the bracket just above the LCA relocation bracket.)

FRPP Handling Pack 2908868464_59e3f87f9d_b
kooldawg6
kooldawg6
Super Charger
Super Charger

Back to top Go down

Post by vack Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:10 pm

Zporta, I had one of those Metco's in my hands at the carlisle fall show. Don't think it was CJpony parts, but a rogue vendor tent near the bottom row on the flat, had a bunch of S197 stuff. But anyway, I wasn't impressed, and the shaft size is that same on it as this CHE. The Metco Block was beutiful, but the Fork end where it mounts onto the rear, shotty welds, (So said my father who is a welder for 28 years), weld splatter, and too much money. Good luck if you get one, maybe it was a bad batch or run, but one of the vendors had it there for sale.

The Panhard issue I'll have to deal with, I like CHE products, they are nicely built and the Delrin sleeve is an awesome idea, and again they are made right here in Pennsylvania. So support the local economy I say =). Even though that does sound like a PITA. They are getting put on tomorrow, so when it is finished I'll take a look at it, see what solution maybe I can come up with for further adjustments.

vack
MACH 1
MACH 1

Back to top Go down

Post by TT_05_Stang Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:27 pm

Justin Burcham runs 8's with 1.3 60's with his Metco uppers and lowers. I seriosly doubt anyone will stress it more than that in this club Smile.

I dont want to downplay anyone, or their fabrication. I can only give my personal experience... I purchased a lower brace with torque limiters and it didnt fit properlly. They said it was for all s195 cars. However in 05 which mine was built they had a different front end from the factory. As you can see in the pic there is no place to put the bolt through the frame...

FRPP Handling Pack 17315354248

I have had bad issues with my BMR stuff as well. Their gromets are the worst in the industry. I have ripped over 10 sets, all dues to a bad design of LCA's. Instead of offsetting the bushings, they made them equal front and rear. Since the factory mounting locations are offset it binds the bushings and makes them split. I cant stand doind R&D for these companies. I have called both BMR and CHE and neither wanted to help me with my problem...

I have heard others without issues from both of these companies so take my experience with a grain of salt...

Will
TT_05_Stang
TT_05_Stang
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 5329
Registration date : 2007-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by vack Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:44 pm

I went and looked at the pic for that torque limiter brace, and wow, your bracket looks nothing like what the picture on their site looks like. That is quite unfortunate. Wow It's not even close. Do you have a totally different K member then?

vack
MACH 1
MACH 1

Back to top Go down

Post by TT_05_Stang Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:52 pm

What I think, is that in 05 the first run of these cars, they had a different k-member. When I brought it to their attention, they said it wasnt anything they could do. I said well the piece is pretty worthless, how about buying it back an I will purchase something else from you. They said they wouldnt... I wasnt happy with them after that.

However like I said, others have used them without issues, so its probably just my luck Smile
TT_05_Stang
TT_05_Stang
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by vack Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:06 am

Yeah that is pretty shitty really, I've had nothing but good dealings with CHE. I hope not to run into your luck.....

vack
MACH 1
MACH 1

Back to top Go down

Post by zporta Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:02 am

well i never plan on having an 8sec car...but just in case ill go w/ the metco's
zporta
zporta
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 4696
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Blue Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:20 am

kooldawg6 wrote:Here, you can see where the panhard bar goes inside the bracket (just wide enough to slide the bar end up into) making it impossible to get to it while it's bolted in.

(Steeda panhard bar is the silver bar that goes into the bracket just above the LCA relocation bracket.)

FRPP Handling Pack 2908868464_59e3f87f9d_b
Hey John, are those mufflers MAC
Big Blue
Big Blue
Founder
Founder

Number of posts : 4368
Registration date : 2007-09-19

http://www.mdpatriotstangs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TT_05_Stang Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:23 am

Its stamped MAC
TT_05_Stang
TT_05_Stang
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kooldawg6 Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:17 am

TT_05_Stang wrote:Its stamped MAC
FRPP Handling Pack 341203
I hate chrome!!!!! But they were a very good price!!!!! I feel they sound a bit better than the Flows also.
kooldawg6
kooldawg6
Super Charger
Super Charger

Back to top Go down

Post by vack Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:38 pm

Well I picked it up from CJ Pony Parts today, they did the 4.10 gears as well. It is pretty awesome, rides pretty close to stock, has a much better stance, and looks really great. Also 4.10's on a Non Supercharged car are pretty damn sweet!!

I'll get some pics when I clean it up on a warmer day, or you'll see it at the GOOTC.

Last edited by vack on Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:24 am; edited 1 time in total

vack
MACH 1
MACH 1

Back to top Go down

Post by ndnboy Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:19 pm

sweet, wash her and post them pics....
ndnboy
ndnboy
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Number of posts : 4503
Registration date : 2007-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by kooldawg6 Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:49 pm

Glad you like it FRPP Handling Pack 10498
+1 for pics!
kooldawg6
kooldawg6
Super Charger
Super Charger

Back to top Go down

Post by vack Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:05 pm

here ya go some pics, Please forgive the dirt I didn't have the time to really really clean it, top and bottom

FRPP Handling Pack DSC00829

FRPP Handling Pack DSC00832

FRPP Handling Pack DSC00831

FRPP Handling Pack DSC00833

FRPP Handling Pack DSC00835

FRPP Handling Pack DSC00838

FRPP Handling Pack DSC00841

FRPP Handling Pack DSC00837

vack
MACH 1
MACH 1

Back to top Go down

Post by TT_05_Stang Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:22 pm

tHATS pURTY!!!
TT_05_Stang
TT_05_Stang
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Silverstang Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:19 pm

Looks good. I have the cragers to. what size do you have? Mine are 20x9 all the way around.
Silverstang
Silverstang
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Number of posts : 1128
Registration date : 2008-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by vack Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:59 pm

20x10 in the back 20x9 in the front

vack
MACH 1
MACH 1

Back to top Go down

Post by kooldawg6 Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:34 pm

That does look nice! Now it's time to ditch that hideous looking oil filler tube! Flat head screw driver and 15 seconds it's done and will look much better!
kooldawg6
kooldawg6
Super Charger
Super Charger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down