Maryland Patriot Stangs & Fords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

V6 Gears

3 posters

Go down

V6 Gears Empty V6 Gears

Post by Big Blue Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:40 pm

OK gears are one thing I don't know much about, so what size would I be looking for to gain so torque off the line, that's where Blue is really lacking.
Big Blue
Big Blue
Founder
Founder

Number of posts : 4368
Registration date : 2007-09-19

http://www.mdpatriotstangs.com

Back to top Go down

V6 Gears Empty Re: V6 Gears

Post by BobT Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:22 pm

Big Blue wrote:OK gears are one thing I don't know much about, so what size would I be looking for to gain so torque off the line, that's where Blue is really lacking.

If you want all around performance go with a 3.73. If your looking for even more power but less top end go with a 4.10. Its all what you want. You could still cruise at 80mph with 4.10`s with no problems but you wouldnt want to take a long trip at that speed with 4.10`s. If you do alot of highway go with 3.73`s.
BobT
BobT
COBRA
COBRA

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by kooldawg6 Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:12 pm

blown50stang1990 wrote:
Big Blue wrote:OK gears are one thing I don't know much about, so what size would I be looking for to gain so torque off the line, that's where Blue is really lacking.

If you want all around performance go with a 3.73. If your looking for even more power but less top end go with a 4.10. Its all what you want. You could still cruise at 80mph with 4.10`s with no problems but you wouldnt want to take a long trip at that speed with 4.10`s. If you do alot of highway go with 3.73`s.
I've had my 4.10s for about 66K miles now with never any issues, be it mechanical or personal. I've driven to and from Mason Dixon numerous times which is 218 miles and even drove to Toledo, OH which was 1036 miles round trip! Being the S197 auto is a 5 speed, don't fear the gear!
kooldawg6
kooldawg6
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 4896
Registration date : 2007-12-19

Back to top Go down

Post by BobT Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:49 pm

kooldawg6 wrote:
blown50stang1990 wrote:

I've had my 4.10s for about 66K miles now with never any issues, be it mechanical or personal. I've driven to and from Mason Dixon numerous times which is 218 miles and even drove to Toledo, OH which was 1036 miles round trip! Being the S197 auto is a 5 speed, don't fear the gear!
I hear ya! When I say long trip im talking cross country.
BobT
BobT
COBRA
COBRA

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down