Maryland Patriot Stangs & Fords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alignment question

4 posters

Go down

Alignment question Empty Alignment question

Post by SVT_N8 Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:20 pm

Ok, i'm not real sure what to do right now. Here is the issue...

Took my car in to Cowles Ford in Woodbridge, VA this morning and dropped it off for an alignment, state inspection, and emissions. Well i just got off the phone with the service manager and he tells me that due to the car being lowered (stock springs with 3/4 coil off the rear, 1/2 coil off the front) the car needs some major adjusting. Quoted me $300 to drill out some rivets in the front and try to move the shocks and adjust something and then in the rear move some bolts, i donno what he was talking about but said he thinks it would allow them to get it inline. He said the one wheels toes in and one toes out? Or he gave me the option of getting camber plates. Says with them ordering the camber plates and 5hrs of labor the cost would be $900ish.

What the heck did i get myself into? Are they blowing this way out of proportion? I told them to just leave the alignment alone and i'll decide what i want to do.
SVT_N8
SVT_N8
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 4102
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Back to top Go down

Alignment question Empty Re: Alignment question

Post by Silverstang Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:21 pm

wow....that seems very expensive...hell you can get camber plates from american muscle for about $200. I think you need to get a second opinion.
Silverstang
Silverstang
SUPER SNAKE
SUPER SNAKE

Number of posts : 1128
Registration date : 2008-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by SVT_N8 Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:32 pm

talked to Torey at Excessive. he said for $350 they'll install steeda cc plates and align it.
SVT_N8
SVT_N8
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 4102
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by kooldawg6 Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:56 pm

That is some crazy sh!t, Nate!!!!! Like Sean said, a couple hundred dollar CC plates and at most an $80 or so 4 wheel alignment and maybe $30 camber bolts for the rear, but when we did your rear springs, it has camber bolts from the factory! I would definitely recommend and trust Excessive's suggestion and work! I've spent many hours at the shop while Chris has been working on various projects and all looks good Alignment question 10498 The only way I'd take my car to the dealer is if it was under waranty or I knew one of the mechanics or service manager personaly!
kooldawg6
kooldawg6
Super Charger
Super Charger

Number of posts : 4896
Registration date : 2007-12-19

Back to top Go down

Post by spacemonkey067 Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:22 am

i def agree to get chris to do it!! he can do cc plates and an alignment in his sleep! that price from cowles is insane!!!
spacemonkey067
spacemonkey067
MACH 1
MACH 1

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2009-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down