Maryland Patriot Stangs & Fords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Transmission Help

2 posters

Go down

Transmission Help Empty Transmission Help

Post by NEMES1S Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:30 am

Goodmorning All, I have finally had my first mishap i think, I was at Bubbs Creek last night for Total Choas i was running my car of course it was a good time i got about 6 runs in back to back when boom something i think happen to the Transmission i am not a meachanic just know a little and do a little work. There was know fluid leak or smoke it felt like something came loose. i am trying to figure out what happen. I thought it may have been the Driveshaft but i figured it would still go in to gear but it can it goes to the placement with ease very easy but there nothing and i have noise when the engine is running it sounds like something is of course apart. I just need help to find out the problem so i can go on with trying to get it fixed. Thanks for any advise and info, if u need me to go more in to detail to try and figure it out i will. Thanks
NEMES1S
NEMES1S
BOSS
BOSS

Number of posts : 409
Registration date : 2009-12-09

Back to top Go down

Transmission Help Empty Re: Transmission Help

Post by TT_05_Stang Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:59 am

Need a little more info, like when it goes in gear does the car try to move at all?

When the boom happened was it on launch? If so Most likely input shaft, however could be 1st / reverse cluster.

If it happened in 2-4th then its definitely the main shaft cluster.

Any grinding when trying to put it in gear? if it grinds that eliminates the input shaft, and breaking the helical gear on the input shaft is almost impossible, so that leaves the gear clusters.

When clutch is disengaged, is the noise still present?
TT_05_Stang
TT_05_Stang
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 5329
Registration date : 2007-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by NEMES1S Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:45 pm

I have know gears at all and yes it happen between 2nd to 3rd shift. it was the shaft or spline so i think i need a rebuild or a other transmission.
Transmission Help 20541
NEMES1S
NEMES1S
BOSS
BOSS

Back to top Go down

Post by TT_05_Stang Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:46 pm

If its the input shaft its fairly easy fix. Go with a 26 spline input shaft from Liberty gears. you will need a new clutch to match the 26 spline
TT_05_Stang
TT_05_Stang
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NEMES1S Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:21 am

Darn I just brought a new Clutch and flywheel and do u by chance know a place where I can take to get the shaft replace I am more then willing to help if not do all the work myself with the help of somebody that knows what they r doing Lol.
NEMES1S
NEMES1S
BOSS
BOSS

Back to top Go down

Post by TT_05_Stang Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:53 am

Your cost will be in the removal and installation of the transmission itself. That runs around 600. Not sure the cost on your input shaft, as you might be able to buy the stock Cobra input shaft (26 spline). I am not for sure on the interchangeable parts between the two transmission but http://www.libertysgears.com/ will know for sure. Call them and discuss what part you need. They made my input shaft from scratch, as no one made a 26 spline for the T3560. Good transmission shops are HARD to find. I took my transmission out myself and saved some money, then took it to American Transmission in Edgewater MD. I know the guy there. Was 300 for him to disassemble the trans, check it over and install the new input shaft.
TT_05_Stang
TT_05_Stang
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TT_05_Stang Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:54 am

You can keep your flywheel, and pressure plate. You just need a 26 spline clutch disc.
TT_05_Stang
TT_05_Stang
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NEMES1S Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:47 pm

Ok, thanks Will u have been Very helpful with the Info. I think I am going to try and get my car to a left and drop the Transmission myself to save money then take it to a shop great idea.
NEMES1S
NEMES1S
BOSS
BOSS

Back to top Go down

Post by NEMES1S Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:54 am

TT_05_Stang wrote:Your cost will be in the removal and installation of the transmission itself. That runs around 600. Not sure the cost on your input shaft, as you might be able to buy the stock Cobra input shaft (26 spline). I am not for sure on the interchangeable parts between the two transmission but http://www.libertysgears.com/ will know for sure. Call them and discuss what part you need. They made my input shaft from scratch, as no one made a 26 spline for the T3560. Good transmission shops are HARD to find. I took my transmission out myself and saved some money, then took it to American Transmission in Edgewater MD. I know the guy there. Was 300 for him to disassemble the trans, check it over and install the new input shaft.

Thank u very Much for the help i found it.
NEMES1S
NEMES1S
BOSS
BOSS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down